Graft selection for FUE on crown

JoeD

Do surgeons preferentially take multi hair, coarser, grafts when doing FUE on crown as opposed to hairline work? Is there much use for the fine singles like a hair line work on the crown?

I ask this as someone who has had a very successful FUT with solid coverage of hairline and mid scalp, as well as excellent healing of the scar with no scar visibility with a 3 guard over the scar and low fade below it.  I would really have zero problem getting another FUT for my crown, but was wondering if the finer singles and doubles obtained from the mix of hairs via strip are unnecessary and preferentially taking perhaps even a smaller number of coarse multi hair grafts via FUE would be a good plan? Overall, possibly less grafts needed to be harvested in the scenario with fue to get good coverage of the crown. 

Edited by JoeD
Typo

Crown high density effect is always more challenging than the frontal area, hence it's better to have triples and quads, than single grafts.

You can achive density with thin single grafts but you'll need a lot according to the width and length measurements of the crown with realistic expectations, depending also on your type of hair.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

That crown area is so hard to cover.  I'm sure surgeons try to find creative ways to thicken the appearance in the crown area.  Some may harvest more course hair from other parts of the body.  I'm sure others may have experience to share on this procedure.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.