EUGENIX - May 5 DR. PRIYA DAS (2000 grafts)

362guy

Hi Folks, 

My Procedure is booked at Eugenix with Dr. Priya Das on May 5 for 2000 Grafts. I'm arriving in New Delhi on May 4 and will stay until May 9.

This will be my fourth hair transplant surgery (all FUE) - I had 2 with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa (in 2014 and 2016); and one with Dr. Bhatti in India (in 2018). I've had over 5000 grafts into the hairline and crown. I've had decent results but I'm hoping for a stronger hairline that will better frame my face and also fill in the crown. My donor has already been slightly overharvested and there is some scarring that is visible even when my hair is long. Dr Rahal mentioned that I would only have 200 or so scalp grafts left back after my last procedure with him in 2016. Then surprisingly, I was able to get another 1700 with Dr. Bhatti in 2018 and he felt I could still harvest another 800 scalp grafts for a future procedure.

When Eugenix said they can get another 1500 - 1700 scalp grafts and the rest from beard to reach 2000 total grafts - I was a bit skeptical and concerned about future donor scarring but I am hopeful it's possible. I trust their expertise and this assessment could also change after reviewing my scalp in person rather than in photos.

In any case, I am excited and optimistic to finish this journey and hoping this will be my final hair transplant. I will update my experience and progress here. 

Cheers, 

IMG_9825.jpg

IMG_9827.jpg

IMG_9828.jpg

Edited by 362guy

- Yes, I did have SMP in the crown but it's faded to a blue'ish tone. I personally wouldn't recommend SMP it's a waste of money in my opinion. 

- Ok, that's great to hear. I will trust their judgment. 

- I've been on Finasteride on and off for 15 years or so. But sometimes I'm inconsistent with it. 

@362guy

Thank you for choosing Eugenix for your Hair transplant procedure, and we look forward to continuing to support you throughout your journey, our team is always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, and we encourage you to reach out us at any time. 

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences

@362guy,

Each surgeon/clinic have their own idea about how many follicular units that they can safely obtain without causing irreperable damage or the appearance of thinning in the donor area.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that Dr. Rahal uses a scientific formula based on a patient's specifics to determine how many follicular units can safely be harvested over a patient's lifetime.  While Dr. Rahal can technically obtain more, he will only harvest what is actually needed without creating any donor area complications.  

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.