Who has heard anything about Dr. Espinosa Custodio?? (Médico del Prado)

Hi all,

So I am considering where to go for my 2nd HT and I came across Dr. Custodio's instagram page. Results look very very VERY impressive, even comparing to Couto and De Freitas. Although I haven't been able to find much about him online. Barely any reviews, feedback, people sharing experiences. Even on the forum here.

His instagram page is @dr.espinosacustodio and his clinic is called Instituto Médico del Prado in Madrid and Mexico

Does anyone have any more info/feedback/reviews to share about him? His consultation seemed very honest and conservative comparing to the others so far.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• Administrators

I haven’t seen any reviews, but his work looks good. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Never heard anything about him nor did i see any reviews ....need to check other forums if there are any patient reviews available or not..but from the work he posted on instagram he seems to be a really good surgeon ....if that is true thn i should say he is excellent ...did you consult him? And if yes than what is his price per graft?

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

Never heard anything about him nor did i see any reviews ....need to check other forums if there are any patient reviews available or not..but from the work he posted on instagram he seems to be a really good surgeon ....if that is true thn i should say he is excellent ...did you consult him? And if yes than what is his price per graft?

Yea I think I'll have to search the Spanish forums maybe, do you have the website? Looks like he got set up in 2016, so I suppose that's why there isn't much on him online. Maybe he's "up and coming".

Yes I just did an online consult, he charges 70Euros for a full in person consultation, which I think is fair nowadays. The in person consult, includes a "trichological analysis with a smart dermatoscope." Looks pretty impressive. He asked if I am taking any medication. Says he would recommend 2,200-2,400grafts to "homogenize" my entire head with the thinning parts, rather than focusing on "great density" Makes sense tbh. (you can see my head shots in my other thread post).

Consult states he carries out the extraction and implantation himself.

He quoted me same price as his website states, which is...

• Shaved: from €2.50 by graft.
  • Semi-shaven or without completely shaving (extraction window): from €3.00 by graft.
  • Previous surgery restoration: from €4.00 by graft.
  • UFUE – with long hair, scars, eyebrows, beards, minisessions or tiny surgeries: from €5.00 by graft.

The minimum price for a surgery is €3,000.

Three nights in a 4* hotel next to the clinic, for two people, included in the surgeries of more than 3,000 follicular units.

Edited by aykay7

2 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Pricing is very reasonable if those instagram posts are real..

Completely agree, his consultation seemed honest as well, not promising me density given my slightly over harvested donor area from my 1st HT.

Couldn't find anything on him on "recuperartupelo" (Spanish forum) either. 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

wow

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpkY5X7r3KO/

would like to see him presenting some cases on this forum, with donor etc

Wow indeed, all his other posts are very impressive too.

I also just realized he doesn't post any pics/vids right after the op, showing the graft placement etc...

• Administrators

I can reach out to this surgeon. I agree the work looks good. Does he have two offices? One in Mexico and one in Spain? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

38 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I can reach out to this surgeon. I agree the work looks good. Does he have two offices? One in Mexico and one in Spain? 

Nice, to ask for more information or a consult?

Yup looks like he has 2 office, Spain and Mexico. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, aykay7 said:

Nice, to ask for more information or a consult?

Yup looks like he has 2 office, Spain and Mexico. 

I’m gonna ask him to have his new patients come and share their reviews here, so we can examine some reviews. 

• Like 2

View my thread

51 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m gonna ask him to have his new patients come and share their reviews here, so we can examine some reviews. 

Great thinking, let us know what he says :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Btw if I can help with this in any way let me know. I have the clinics WhatsApp number (which they sent me the consultation from). Including it here for you, +34 627 39 63 22. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, aykay7 said:

Btw if I can help with this in any way let me know. I have the clinics WhatsApp number (which they sent me the consultation from). Including it here for you, +34 627 39 63 22

He responded, hopefully I speak with him tomorrow. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I just got off the phone with Dr. Custudio. I’ve invited him to start sharing his results on the forum. I believe he’s doing top-notch work. The results are undeniable. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

So he is personally involved in every procedure regardless of whether it takes place in Spain or Mexico? 

He performs all extractions and places the grafts. He performs surgery a few times a year in Mexico. He’s fully involved. I was very impressed by that fact. 

• Like 2

View my thread

On 5/8/2023 at 8:07 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I just got off the phone with Dr. Custudio. I’ve invited him to start sharing his results on the forum. I believe he’s doing top-notch work. The results are undeniable. 

Amazing amazing, thank you. I found someone on Reddit who did his there so managed to get some feedback from him. Hoping Dr. Cusodio posts here as well.

• Valued Contributor

Yeh i have checked out evrythn about him and he is a great surgeon ....will be good to have him here on the forum ...

--> My Thread

1 minute ago, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh i have checked out evrythn about him and he is a great surgeon ....will be good to have him here on the forum ...

Yea, I see he is on here now and already shared 1 result. I think he also replied to you about the sunlight exposure.

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator for helping get him on here. I hope I made the discovery of a fantastic surgeon :) 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, aykay7 said:

Yea, I see he is on here now and already shared 1 result. I think he also replied to you about the sunlight exposure.

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator for helping get him on here. I hope I made the discovery of a fantastic surgeon :) 

Yeh should keep on adding such valuable surgeons so that the community people can explore options..

• Like 1

--> My Thread

Just now, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh should keep on adding such valuable surgeons so that the community people can explore options..

Definitely will share any that I come across 

• Like 2