1700 Grafts very concerned about density

nwhtp

Hi All I had a HT about a week ago.

I originally signed up for 1500 Grafts on the day however the Doctor gave me the choice of two hairlines one at the white line seen below in the preop and one at the blue line below. I was concerned about density at 1500 on the lower hairline however they offered to add an extra 200 grafts free and it should cover the density so I went with the lower hairline(I regret this in hindsight cause well now Im concerned about density). So as seen in the pre op thats what I went for.

Pre Op.

1.jpg.2c0b62c4f23e502388d505f0be3405b9.jpg

Immediate post op. I know its blurry :/

2.thumb.jpg.aab50d0751ccd08bdc0a8154eecf3b40.jpg

2 Days later:

3.thumb.jpg.5c742358f498e515fc75c58a7b01e12c.jpg

6 Days later

u1.thumb.jpg.ce852a60d0b286a70dd372f0b8b363a2.jpg

u3.thumb.jpg.4c82452be3f68ffe7f3e31c2f71f2d3e.jpg

u2.thumb.jpg.342d86ea8dd7aafdad30388549ebc079.jpg

My question is how many grafts should I have been offered and likely how many grafts are going to be required to fix this. I'm not comfortable discussing where I got it just yet please dont ask. Im just asking for advice.

There really is no point in worrying now. There's no way to know how it's gonna look because you also have to factor in your hair caliber, how big the area of the transplant is and graft placement in it.

I've seen thin results from 2700 graft hairline transplants, ive also seen amazing visual changes with 1500 graft hair transplants, we will just have to wait for actual results before we worry.

I personally think you have thicker caliber hair that can probably achieve a good visual density.

• Like 1

It doesn’t look too low in density from what I can see, not the highest, but certainly not the lowest either. Wait and see how it grows out and then make a decision on what to do next. How’s the donor area looking? 

4 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

It doesn’t look too low in density from what I can see, not the highest, but certainly not the lowest either. Wait and see how it grows out and then make a decision on what to do next. How’s the donor area looking? 

Donor area is fine already looks really good.

5 minutes ago, Henry said:

There really is no point in worrying now. There's no way to know how it's gonna look because you also have to factor in your hair caliber, how big the area of the transplant is and graft placement in it.

I've seen thin results from 2700 graft hairline transplants, ive also seen amazing visual changes with 1500 graft hair transplants, we will just have to wait for actual results before we worry.

I personally think you have thicker caliber hair that can probably achieve a good visual density.

Thanks scabs come off in 2 days so I'll post an update then.

Just heard its low density elsewhere and it got me in my head about it.

1 minute ago, nwhtp said:

Donor area is fine already looks really good.

Thanks scabs come off in 2 days so I'll post an update then.

Just heard its low density elsewhere and it got me in my head about it.

That’s the problem with posting, everyone is going to have a different opinion. Looking at the earliest post op pic i definitely don’t think it could be classed as low. Will you share the clinic/Dr name in the future?

2 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

That’s the problem with posting, everyone is going to have a different opinion. Looking at the earliest post op pic i definitely don’t think it could be classed as low. Will you share the clinic/Dr name in the future?

In the future I will yeah. I don't think its fair on anyone to share their details this early. Any opinions on the design? I feel like its recovering very quickly with minimal/smaller scabbing in comparison to some I have seen.

In the future I will yeah. I don't think its fair on anyone to share their details this early. Any opinions on the design? I feel like its recovering very quickly with minimal/smaller scabbing in comparison to some I have seen.

Well it’s quite a rounded design and I’m not a fan personally, i prefer to see some micro/macro irregularities. To me it seems like a hairline that’s usually typically done a lot of Turkish clinics as it’s doesn’t require much skill. I hope that’s not to much of a surprise as I like to give straight up answers when asked. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

Can you at least say if it was a Dr that did the incision step? 

Whole thing was done by 2 Dr's(One lead on the hairline and one assisting with extract I believe). Nurses were only there to count grafts and store them using some massive microscope. It was DHI but I think the single graft hairline was done with a blade. They said he does that for the irregularities. I will not they were saying that I had many many multigrafts and were worried about running out of singles but I cant see many multis up front.

Edited by nwhtp

Whole thing was done by 2 Dr's. Nurses were only there to count grafts and store them using some massive microscope.

2 ? Most places are 1 that’s usually doing the incisions step at the very least, and then depending on the clinic will also be involved in the other steps.

These we’re both definitely Drs right? 🤔

2 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

2 ? Most places are 1 that’s usually doing the incisions step at the very least, and then depending on the clinic will also be involved in the other steps.

These we’re both definitely Drs right? 🤔

Sorry edited my wording. Yes 100% doctors. Only one worked on the implantation. The second doctor was there for the extraction. 2 Doctors for Extract 1 for Implementation

Edited by nwhtp

Sorry edited my wording. Yes 100% doctors. Only one worked on the implantation. The second doctor was there for the extraction.

Ok so I’m really interested in where this was done, but totally understand if you don’t want to share that information. I would also like to see the donor area if you have any pics of that? 

7 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

Ok so I’m really interested in where this was done, but totally understand if you don’t want to share that information. I would also like to see the donor area if you have any pics of that? 

I mean it was just another doctor instead of where a nurse would be one punching the hole in the back with the drill thing one extracting the hairs from the hole . I had two doctors through the whole phase working together on hairline and discussions bouncing ideas off each other etc.

Here is the donor I know its not the whole thing but its the best I can do atm.

EDIT I cant respond to posts now as I have made the max number so this is the last one for 24 hours I believe.

a.png

Edited by nwhtp
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, nwhtp said:

I mean it was just another doctor instead of where a nurse would be one punching the hole in the back with the drill thing one extracting the hairs from the hole . I had two doctors through the whole phase working together on hairline and discussions bouncing ideas off each other etc.

Here is the donor I know its not the whole thing but its the best I can do atm.

EDIT I cant respond to posts now as I have made the max number so this is the last one for 24 hours I believe.

a.png

Thanks, yeh for new users it’s a max of 6 posts. 

OP I’ve had one done a few months ago with a couple hundred more grafts for a very similar hairline and also have my worries over the density. My advice is to accept that there is nothing you can do about it for the next 6 months at least (and realistically, not for the next 12 months). 

It is very possible that your hair will look fantastic at the end. It’s possible you’ll need a second procedure. All you can do is wait, which isn’t easy, but you have to. I’d PM you to share more but can’t for some reason - @Melvin- Moderator any idea why? Do I need a certain number of posts?

1 hour ago, nwhtp said:

Hi All I had a HT about a week ago.

I originally signed up for 1500 Grafts on the day however the Doctor gave me the choice of two hairlines one at the white line seen below in the preop and one at the blue line below. I was concerned about density at 1500 on the lower hairline however they offered to add an extra 200 grafts free and it should cover the density so I went with the lower hairline(I regret this in hindsight cause well now Im concerned about density). So as seen in the pre op thats what I went for.

Pre Op.

1.jpg.2c0b62c4f23e502388d505f0be3405b9.jpg

Immediate post op. I know its blurry :/

2.thumb.jpg.aab50d0751ccd08bdc0a8154eecf3b40.jpg

2 Days later:

3.thumb.jpg.5c742358f498e515fc75c58a7b01e12c.jpg

6 Days later

u1.thumb.jpg.ce852a60d0b286a70dd372f0b8b363a2.jpg

u3.thumb.jpg.4c82452be3f68ffe7f3e31c2f71f2d3e.jpg

u2.thumb.jpg.342d86ea8dd7aafdad30388549ebc079.jpg

My question is how many grafts should I have been offered and likely how many grafts are going to be required to fix this. I'm not comfortable discussing where I got it just yet please dont ask. Im just asking for advice.

The white one would have given you more density for sure. I get the desire to lower it a little bit but I have come to realise that hairline should be dense (should atleast give the illusion of it) with irregularities instead of being lower. 

Your donor hair quality can help a lot to camouflage any see through angles. I think with 2000 or more grafts hairlines can be made easily by any surgeon but with less grafts it all comes down to what grafts surgeon extracted and how they placed them. (Basically their skills and experience)

Don’t stress about it now though. The work looks clean but just that i can see some double hair grafts in hairline. This might be too early to predict so lets wait and see the growth.

• Valued Contributor

It is not dense packed neither too much sparse ...and i believe your hair is thick and that would make it up ...just wait amd watch...and i hope you are on medication ..Happy growing and keep updating ..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Surf said:

OP I’ve had one done a few months ago with a couple hundred more grafts for a very similar hairline and also have my worries over the density. My advice is to accept that there is nothing you can do about it for the next 6 months at least (and realistically, not for the next 12 months). 

It is very possible that your hair will look fantastic at the end. It’s possible you’ll need a second procedure. All you can do is wait, which isn’t easy, but you have to. I’d PM you to share more but can’t for some reason - @Melvin- Moderator any idea why? Do I need a certain number of posts?

Yes you need to reach at least 10 post’s before you can private message. This is put in place to prevent spammers from abusing our community. 

OP,

Don’t judge the results by graft placement photos. 1,700 grafts sounds and looks reasonable for the area that’s being restored. Keep track of your progress here, and remember track month to month, not week to week.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Scab removal day. Its so weird having something thats numb and tender at the same time. Some really dark red areas there was no bleeding hope the grafts survived. Also in the red circle looks like a dint in my skin which looks weird, anyone seen that before? Just fingers crossed the a high percentage of the grafts survived and in comes in dense.

PS Im aware there are a few multis in hairline. The doctor specifically told me this as he had run out of singles. Seems like there is only a small small amount anyway.

Thoughts?

sg4.thumb.jpg.e8c05fecf8779fe109147fba5e18f6a1.jpg

sg3.thumb.jpg.98f8aa33c4822fb1678daaaac419766e.jpgsg2.thumb.jpg.f6cca370554f8096618ec3a84c0727fb.jpgsg1.thumb.jpg.038818f6dd4de49e72c07124189ae274.jpg

Looks fairly clean. Regarding density, a quick eye comparison of the # natural hairs versus transplanted hairs per cm2 shows that you’re not going to replicate natural density. However, that doesn’t mean it’s not going to be a quality result! Some doctors really can do more with less. Your hair is really thick so you might not need more grafts. I think it’ll turn out well for you. 

• Valued Contributor

You really have no idea what a hair transplant will look like 10 days post op. I have no idea how my transplant will look like now at almost three months post op. Patience is the key to everything hair transplant related. All the best. 👍

I agree with the other posters that commented it looks 'clean'. I see other positives too. Your hair characteristics look favorable for the illusion of density. You went bold with the lower hairline based on the number of grafts. There is a good argument for choosing a lower density followed by a 2nd HT to top up. The grafts will not have so much competition for blood supply, which may yield better growth.

A 2nd pass will allow the surgeon to finesse the results and add more density where it is required. The one caveat is, working between grafts is highly skilled and you will need to ensure the doctor you choose has proven results of adding density. Don't worry now about this, it may or may not be required.

In summary, No disaster and lots to look forward to (growth)👍

Edited by NikosHair

Just a question out of curiosity. I know transplanted hair grows in wiry in some cases and then adapts to a softer look over time but what about thickness? My transplanted hair is WAY thicker thank my native hair in the region does that adapt native hair in the region look or stay super thick like that forever?

It’ll be a bit thinner when it sheds in a couple of weeks and starts to regrow. It’ll then thicken up again over time. 

Time will tell how thick it is. Generally it’ll blend really nicely and only your barber will probably be able to tell that your hair at the front is a different texture.