Norwood 5B/6 Dr Yaker Plano Texas/not pretty in pink

I want to get Transplants. I am a Norwood 5B/6 with a tuft of hair at the front of the hairline. What I simply want to do is fill behind there, fill one-third of my hairline, and not see the pink I see oftentimes on after photos of people that have had hair transplant procedures. Fears are...

Results will be detectable

The redness I see in after photos

The hair will still be at the point where people think and say "Why does he just shave it off?

And that I won't be able to shave it off (because of scarring) if I need to reverse course after surgery due to bad results. 

I went to see Dr. Sean Bhhnam, who gave me a flat no. Said a lot of my follicles had 1 or 2 hairs instead of 3 or 4, and I did not have enough strong donor area.

Went to see Dr. Lam. He told me I am a hard "maybe" and that we could get some hair if my expectations were low. 

Going to try one more doctor. Dr. Yaker of Plano, Texas. Who only does hair transplants? If he tells me no, I think I need to really consider shaving. 

Questions are-

Any feedback on Dr. Yaker?

Am I out of line to have the expectation of no "red or redness on my scalp" after treatment. I see it a lot on hairlines. 

Can you get hair without creating a hairline? It seems hairlines are what really become detectable. So just filling in behind "tuft" 

image1 (1).jpeg

Edited by Adamleland
Added photo

You definitely want to get an in-person microscopic exam of your scalp, especially your donor zone.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Just now, Adamleland said:

tried to add photos

I see them.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Would you be open to travelling further afield ? You may need to look to other Drs to get a better idea of what’s achievable. You could look at the recommended list to see some other choices, it’s by no means exhaustive but it is a good start. 

2 minutes ago, Adamleland said:

I have the means to travel. I went to Santa Monica. He said no. I went to dr lam. He said maybe. 

How about Dr Arocha? 
https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-bernardino-arocha

Someone that’s been putting out good/reliable work for as long as I can remember. Rep is on the forum too @ArochaAngel4247

• Administrators

@Adamleland

You should consult with @Parsa Mohebi, MD he’s in Woodland Hills. He does a very comprehensive donor examination. He will provide you with a miniaturization percentage as well. That would be my advice.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.