Achieving Good Density Beyond Norwood 4

Megatron

I've been doing a lot of research over the past few months and checking out a lot of pics and vids. It seems to me that guys who go for HT beyond a Norwood 4 always end up with the bird nest look. Do you guys agree?

On the flip side, the best looking HT procedures I've seen are usually when someone receives a minimum 3,000+ grafts on the front forelock with existing, thick mid forelock and vertex hair remaining.

I ask because I have a Norwood 3-4 pattern and I'm wondering what my chances are at getting a natural looking result. I'm considering going with a Recommended doctor on this site.

All thoughts are much appreciated.

Nope dont agree, I've seen results on NW6's that look superb, I've seen NW6's with good donor denisty that have been restored to NW1, I think it all depends on who you go to.

Your right that if you go to a bad clinic, you end up with a pile of straw on your hair.

Do you guys have any links for patients that have gone from N4 or beyond to looking good and natural? I really want to believe that's possible, but I just haven't seen it.

On the other hand, most guys I've seen with a HT from Norwood 3 or better seem to have a really good result.

I know the doctor makes a big difference as well as a lot of other variables, but I think from the pics I've seen that this generalization seems to hold true in the vast majority of cases.

Megatron,

You can view my hair loss website and let me know what you think. While it's not 100% dense, I'm very happy with my results and believe they look very natural. Most people who see me don't have any idea that I ever experienced any hair loss. And for the record, I'd be a full class 6 on the Norwood scale of hair loss if it wasn't for surgical hair restoration.

Best wishes,

Bill

You obviously haven't seen Hasson and Wong's gallery. They are the kings of transplants on guys with extensive hairloss, in my opinion. Others can do a good job too, but H&W seem to get the most grafts in the fewest sessions, it would appear.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Originally posted by Megatron:

Bill - your hair looks great man. Mind you, I'm hoping I can get my desired result with one session.

When you have multiple HTs are the donor strips taken above / below the previous ones. Do you end up with multiple lines? Or is it not so bad?

Megatron,The strips are usually taken around the previous strip scar so ultimately you would have [1] small scar line.

Dr Hasson 2-08