Favorite hairline designs

I would like to know if you have a particular hairline design that you really like, be it surgical or natural, and also if there are any surgeons who tend to do results that *particularly* stand out to you. It could be a specific case or a general trend of design. But I am hoping to see nice examples. It is easy to list off reputable clinics but I am more concerned with what you like personally.

Some people are able to tell the work of specific surgeons by the way they do micro irregularities, which is an ability I find very impressive. Do you pay this much attention to detail?

• Like 1

• Administrators

This hairline is perfection 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, mister_25 said:

What makes this one really crazy is that it was done in a single pass. One of the best

I would say this is the highest density I've seen done successfully in one pass. I like the obtuse, near verticle temple point angles. 

IMO, no one has a better hairline than Andrew Gray:

andrewgray.thumb.jpg.ae34c2b54a9c4df2f4fbafbad02f20da.jpgandrewgray2.thumb.jpg.efc10c6c3348e7c7999bf9e7d0377118.jpgandrewgray3.thumb.jpg.150631bac9ca85f183f409960d90796f.jpgandrewgray4.thumb.jpg.3a502ab5cf17e56d8cbb0910c28ccd06.jpg

Actually low set with strong temples yet looks balanced, slight widow's peak is also aesthetic to me. Ridiculous hair characteristics too, one lucky mofo.

Edited by NegativeNorwood

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

IMO, no one has a better hairline than Andrew Gray:

andrewgray.thumb.jpg.ae34c2b54a9c4df2f4fbafbad02f20da.jpgandrewgray2.thumb.jpg.efc10c6c3348e7c7999bf9e7d0377118.jpgandrewgray3.thumb.jpg.150631bac9ca85f183f409960d90796f.jpgandrewgray4.thumb.jpg.3a502ab5cf17e56d8cbb0910c28ccd06.jpg

Actually low set with strong temples yet looks balanced, slight widow's peak is also aesthetic to me. Ridiculous hair characteristics too, one lucky mofo.

Interesting choice, he has a lot of asymmetry. The left side of his widows peak is substantially higher. A lot of people here would complain if a surgeon gave them this hairline. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Interesting choice, he has a lot of asymmetry. The left side of his widows peak is substantially higher. A lot of people here would complain if a surgeon gave them this hairline. 

Indeed, IMO those asymmetries look very natural with longer hair, and only noticeable with a buzzcut (and with a good eye for detail, I bet most people wouldn't even notice). The framing the temples and the widow's peak give are great, the chiseled face and strong jaw also help a lot with the perception of framing I guess.

• Administrators

I know I was alone here in the asymmetry debate. But Andrew Gray is perfect example of how some asymmetry can give you a unique look. It’s not a cookie cutter hairline.

Jake Gylenhaal is another example, these unique nuances along the hairline really add to the framing and facial structure. I think it should be noted these two guys have great features to accompany their hairlines. I’m not sure this hairline would work on someone with a round face.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I know I was alone here in the asymmetry debate. But Andrew Gray is perfect example of how some asymmetry can give you a unique look. It’s not a cookie cutter hairline.

Jake Gylenhaal is another example, these unique nuances along the hairline really add to the framing and facial structure. I think it should be noted these two guys have great features to accompany their hairlines. I’m not sure this hairline would work on someone with a round face.

image.jpeg

I agree with you completely, Melvin. I've studied facial aesthetics for the last two years, and the common denominator those people have is low body fat, strong jaw development, good eye spacing + how wide the cheekbones are and how long the midface is.

For example, model Tyson Ballou has another hairline I really like, and it is asymmetric, with super strong temples, and actually high-ish set (forehead longer than midface). He get's away with it because his cheekbones are very narrow and his face is on the long side:

ballou.thumb.jpg.13bf2f465f2dea65dd850675474b0251.jpgballou2.thumb.jpg.a015a9bf8281b9609b548344f718a27c.jpg

Notice how the temples go past the eyebrows, yet looks fine from the front. Something very similar happens with Brad Pitt, albeit to a lesser degree. 

Andrey Gray has wider cheekbones and less prominent temples, so the lower set hairline suits him perfectly in comparison.

Jake Gylenhaal has an impressive hairline and ridiculous hair characteristics too, another genetic lottery winner for sure.

But yes, the average guy with a round-ish face needs to do some extra effort (be it in the form or weight loss, or even cosmetic surgery if needed) to rock a hairline like that as well as those guys. It's very sad but true.

5 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I agree with you completely, Melvin. I've studied facial aesthetics for the last two years, and the common denominator those people have is low body fat, strong jaw development, good eye spacing + how wide the cheekbones are and how long the midface is.

For example, model Tyson Ballou has another hairline I really like, and it is asymmetric, with super strong temples, and actually high-ish set (forehead longer than midface). He get's away with it because his cheekbones are very narrow and his face is on the long side:

ballou.thumb.jpg.13bf2f465f2dea65dd850675474b0251.jpgballou2.thumb.jpg.a015a9bf8281b9609b548344f718a27c.jpg

Notice how the temples go past the eyebrows, yet looks fine from the front. Something very similar happens with Brad Pitt, albeit to a lesser degree. 

Andrey Gray has wider cheekbones and less prominent temples, so the lower set hairline suits him perfectly in comparison.

Jake Gylenhaal has an impressive hairline and ridiculous hair characteristics too, another genetic lottery winner for sure.

But yes, the average guy with a round-ish face needs to do some extra effort (be it in the form or weight loss, or even cosmetic surgery if needed) to rock a hairline like that as well as those guys. It's very sad but true.

This guy has ultra aggressive temple points like Brad Pitt 

On the subject of symmetry, I don’t think I can name a single person with a symmetric hairline. I think the core reason is that hair originates with the crown which has a whirl pattern and the rest of the hair on the head, even the hairline and temples, are just an extension of the whirl, which is usually clockwise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

On the subject of symmetry, I don’t think I can name a single person with a symmetric hairline. I think the core reason is that hair originates with the crown which has a whirl pattern and the rest of the hair on the head, even the hairline and temples, are just an extension of the whirl, which is usually clockwise.

What is even more shocking is that he's 40 on that front face pic. Actually he's 46 and still looks like that, dude didn't age a single day since he was 25. Extremely unfair existence ngl.

Great theory btw, makes sense to me.

• Administrators

image.jpeg

Looks like he passed his picture through the masculine filter 10x that’s insane density too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

View my thread

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.jpeg

Looks like he passed his picture through the masculine filter 10x that’s insane density too.

Haha true, most likely edited because it is from an editorial, but he has insane density and hair characteristics, this are non edited, candid pics:

tyson-ballou-en-el-tribeca-film-festival-2011-estreno-de-la-ultima-noche-en-el-teatro-bmcc-llegadas-la-ciudad-de-nueva-york-ee-uu-25-04-11-db563g.thumb.jpg.71c48250078db7f7abe1aef067b5ccf2.jpgballou.jpg.449033e1ea85c6b3e8cdb3ce5934e308.jpgballou2.thumb.jpg.96460e768b1dd6267ded10e61db41e8f.jpg

Genetic freak, he still looks exactly like that at 46 yo. He's late 30s-early 40s in those pictures.

Edited by NegativeNorwood

6 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Haha true, most likely edited because it is from an editorial, but he has insane density and hair characteristics, this are non edited, candid pics:

tyson-ballou-en-el-tribeca-film-festival-2011-estreno-de-la-ultima-noche-en-el-teatro-bmcc-llegadas-la-ciudad-de-nueva-york-ee-uu-25-04-11-db563g.thumb.jpg.71c48250078db7f7abe1aef067b5ccf2.jpgballou.jpg.449033e1ea85c6b3e8cdb3ce5934e308.jpgballou2.thumb.jpg.96460e768b1dd6267ded10e61db41e8f.jpg

Genetic freak, he still looks exactly like that at 46 yo. He's late 30s-early 40s in those pictures.

You can't actually see his hairline in these photos. Only a small part of it. 

3 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

You can't actually see his hairline in these photos. Only a small part of it. 

Yes, but his hair is dense and thick af, looks like the most perfect wig ever made. Above I posted a pic buzzcuted that shows his hairline.

5 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Yes, but his hair is dense and thick af, looks like the most perfect wig ever made. Above I posted a pic buzzcuted that shows his hairline.

Actually if you look closely you can’t quite make out Tysons hairline in any of these photos, seemingly because he has a little cowlick that makes a bit near the middle always want to veer to the side.

Its just dawned on me how strange it is to analyse hairlines in this detail. Amusing.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Tommy Fury is a perfect example of someone with a natural symmetrical hairline.

I thought he had an HT, but my hairvestigation led me to believe that he was born with one of the flattest and straightest hairlines ever seen. 

Young Fury

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fury now

DC0EE73B-39C5-4E9A-BF4C-AD8CF0283B12.jpeg

If I didn’t know better, I would say this is a typical hair mill hairline. The ones you see posted on HOI IG. So I guess we can’t say these hairlines are completely unnatural. 

• Like 2

View my thread

I have to admit, after looking through photos and videos of Tommy Fury, he does have a pretty damn symmetrical hairline. It's also freakishly flat and straight, but that's a seperate point. 

I found it weirdly hard to find a side profile of the guy or a good photo of his right side. I did find this one of his left however and you can see how the hair flows forward and down across the temple point. This is the sort of thing I'd be surprised to find at both sides. I would bet the right side is angled more sort of back and down. 

But finding a right side pic of him is unusually hard. 

Screenshot_20230414-202300_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Actually if you look closely you can’t quite make out Tysons hairline in any of these photos, seemingly because he has a little cowlick that makes a bit near the middle always want to veer to the side.

Its just dawned on me how strange it is to analyse hairlines in this detail. Amusing.

Maybe this are better? I've tried hard but couldn't find a high resolution close up picture of his hairline. He has plenty of pictures with buzzcut and slicked back hair, but in the runway or not very high resolution.

tyson-ballou-long-hair-1045967537.jpg.84c44064f8d64bf3371042da7e46d984.jpglarge-1546523966-7000b6f83f0745d84f71304f519ceb6f.jpg.1835f8762a3fb9e691cb91ead0c37034.jpg17ea410aaaa9a4473af633f4b4a5d73b.jpg.41ccdf4dcc327040b20412462ff9e862.jpgdf20fd7b98abd6476257f6f3b3da08d5.jpg.009b2b9cb0140192faa5ee8dbbd13257.jpg6c7dfd172e6bbd2c52b872bd834e8df6(1).jpg.5a525e4bfab0640986a60d08e5eb48bf.jpg

Insane hair characteristics

5bf384c258cdaae3a9bb1422f5871bf4.jpg.0226a807b0471f7a75fea8bafaa8111c.jpg

@NegativeNorwoodyou can see the general shape and outline just find but he has a very prominent cowlick which makes his hair naturally go off in ten directions near the middle of his hairline. It adds character, honestly. I’m not even criticising. Most of us here would kill for his hair. But I am noticing that his hair grows basically horizontally at some points.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I have to admit, after looking through photos and videos of Tommy Fury, he does have a pretty damn symmetrical hairline. It's also freakishly flat and straight, but that's a seperate point. 

I found it weirdly hard to find a side profile of the guy or a good photo of his right side. I did find this one of his left however and you can see how the hair flows forward and down across the temple point. This is the sort of thing I'd be surprised to find at both sides. I would bet the right side is angled more sort of back and down. 

But finding a right side pic of him is unusually hard. 

Screenshot_20230414-202300_DuckDuckGo.jpg

If you asked anyone on this forum I’d bet 99.9% of users would assume this is an HT. I believe this is his natural hairline. 

A9D7423A-85CD-4310-B885-A3D83A0EEF1D.jpeg
image.jpeg

View my thread