I'm a good candidate for HT?

I guys,

Want to know your advice

The hair lose is staying always on my mind.

I was thinking not going to surgery. But I want to get back my confidence.

I was taking finasteride 3x per week and now I'm at 2x per week.

Here are my photos from my hair when long.

Appreciate your advise guys

Kind regards

IMG-20230403-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20230403-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230403-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20230403-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20230403-WA0009.jpg

26 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

On meds and looks like a great donor area, yeh you are a good candidate imo. Are you still looking at the Portugal Drs? Did you get as far as the consultations with any of them?

I will have my first appointment with Dr.Bruno Pinto in April, next year. 

Don't mind to wait!! But waiting and having no hair transplant would make me feel like sh*t to be honest.

I sent the above pictures and the information that I started finasteride since September and that now I'm at 2x week and I received this information:

"In a first analysis, Dr. Bruno notes that he has a diffuse pattern alopecia that appears to also affect the donor area. He is not a candidate for a transplant under these conditions.

Taking all this into consideration, Dr. Bruno advises to consult with a dermatologist to start the most appropriate medical treatment for his case (Oral Minoxidil, Dutasteride, or Finasteride) and to come for an in-person evaluation after at least 1 year of treatment to assess the result and verify if he is a candidate for a transplant. Without prior medical treatment, the doctor will not consider him suitable for a transplant."

To be honest I'm a little scare 

Edited by Alex94gasp
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex94gasp said:

I will have my first appointment with Dr.Bruno Pinto in April, next year. 

Don't mind to wait!! But waiting and having no hair transplant would make me feel like sh*t to be honest.

Good things come to those who wait 😉 Definitely worth waiting for one of the best (imo) 

• Like 1

• Administrators

This looks alarming. It’s very aggressive retrograde alopecia. In my opinion, it doesn’t make you an ideal candidate.

C191835C-F6A3-4291-A963-F2CA1DEF399F.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

you have good crown and great donor but the side hair will scare the doctors. If on meds you get a good response then not only sides but your top hair will improve a lot. Any clinic will take your case after seeing a positive response after a year. 

Please add minoxidil to your regime as suggested by doctor. It might help those side hair and improve your crown more. (it already looks good). It will also help your donor.

• Like 1

How old are you?

Back head donor looks good for now.

Sides donor with possibility of Alopecia, better check with a dermatologist under microscopic diagnosis.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor

I'm just wondering why you are reducing your use of finasteride @Alex94gasp? I take it that it is due to you suffering side effects from the drug? You look young to me (well everyone does) and with the lateral temples so difuse I would be hesitant to undergo surgery as you may very well come to regret it.

@Gatsby; @Doron Harati

I'm 28 years old. I will have 29 at the end of this year.

Well, I noticed to have sexual side effects. I mean I don't have a girlfriend but I know...

Well that's sad, I may stop and try to start finasteride little by little, starting with microdosing. Poor genetics. Is a good idea using bear? 

Is even worse this days, more and more people want to look good. And let's be honest more difficult to find someone...

Edited by Alex94gasp

On 4/13/2023 at 5:27 PM, Alex94gasp said:

@Gatsby; @Doron Harati

I'm 28 years old. I will have 29 at the end of this year.

Well, I noticed to have sexual side effects. I mean I don't have a girlfriend but I know...

Well that's sad, I may stop and try to start finasteride little by little, starting with microdosing. Poor genetics. Is a good idea using bear? 

Is even worse this days, more and more people want to look good. And let's be honest more difficult to find someone...

My man,  you sound depressed.  Come on, cheer up. First of all, try topical finasteride (reduces the side effects by a lot), secondly jump on minoxidil. Yes, it will take time, but at least you can get strong donor area.