Will CosmeRNA replace finasteride?

SoSoz

We all want binary answers for these types of things, but you won't get them, not at this point anyway. The initial results for Cosmerna seem to be good, some study wrote they were on par with finasteride, but we will need a lot more time to assess how works long term. I'll be looking into getting my hands on it as well, but for the time being I won't quit finasteride until there's some concrete proof it can replace it. 

• Administrators

Dr. Vaño seems to believe CosmeRNA will be a good drug. It might be as effective as finasteride. But I don’t think it will replace dutasteride. I think combining both medications will probably become the apex treatment.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you're comfortable using finasteride, it will be good to use both as they work via different mechanisms of action, and as melvin said, you will get the best treatment. However, I think this would be good for people unwilling to use finasteride, as this will not alter your hormones, and should still be enough for you to hopefully stabilize and then get a HT

Edited by Fox243

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 4:29 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Vaño seems to believe CosmeRNA will be a good drug. It might be as effective as finasteride. But I don’t think it will replace dutasteride. I think combining both medications will probably become the apex treatment.

i like that both topical dut and cosmerna dont have to be applied daily which is both good for convenience but also for safety aspects. 

with topical finasteride there is the problem that you have to apply it daily and that goes systematically very easily which can be also a problem for people in your surrounding, eg you cant really use topical finasteride as a male if you live together with a pregnant woman