What results can be expected after 4 months of hair transplantation?

This is me after 4 months post frontal repair procedure by Dr. Maras at HDC clinic, around 2500+ grafts 

20191017_143313.jpg

20191017_143327.jpg

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

It's very early still, everything looks exactly the way that it should for month 4. Relax and give the process time. You really can't make any calls on an HT before a full year has passed. Sure, you can drive yourself mad with speculation but it will achieve nothing.

Also, stay away from those 'Woah, 5 months in and I'm a werewolf!' YT videos as, even in cases where they are genuine (no Toppik, lighting tricks or some crazy fin+minox combo) they are the exception rather than the rule. 

Uneven growth is pretty common.

4 months is still early. Personally I’ve just passed the 6 months mark and it was only within the last 4 weeks have I noticed a considerable change. Try not to worry too much. The less stress the better for them developing follicles!

• Valued Contributor

As evry1 said its still early days and you can only get some idea after 6 months post op...mostly after 6 month mark till 10/12 month post op people get good growth and the hairs gets thicker ..so you need to wait my friend ....and i hope you are on medication...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@Rogith,

It honestly depends because all patients are different and respond to hair transplantation at different times. 4 to 6 weeks after her transplant, surgery, all of the transplanted hair begins to shed until you essentially look as you did prior to surgery. Sometimes, you will lose some of your natural hair, referred to as shock loss or telogen effluvium. This is temporary and this hair will grow back. But people are often very nervous around this time, experiencing anxiety and doubt.  Between 3 to 5 months after surgery, the transplanted hair begins to regrow. It typically starts as thin, fine and colorless and over many months, it will thicken, darken and mature.  Hair transplant, results take approximately one year to the shore, and sometimes some additional growth and maturation occurs between 12 and 18 months especially for slow growers.

Now this is the surgical hair restoration  process as a whole however, you asked what to expect after four months.  Some patients will see many new sprouts and a lot of new growth around this time while others may not see anything yet and even be left wondering if their hair transplant will even grow or if it was a failure.  But rest assured… As long as you selected a reputable surgeon, even though slow growers may be anxious, everything will grow in.

on average, I would say that someone around for months has just started to experience new growth, and when, looking in the mirror, they can see signs that a hair transplant is growing in. But it four months, most people have a very long way to go to see their final result.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.