Some questions

Wow this is a great forum, tons of information here! Overwhelming even! Thanks for setting it up. I wonder if I can ask some questions?

I'm late 30s, probably a Norwood 5 or 6 (I just learnt about the Norwood scale today on here!) and I'm determined now to get a FUE hair transplant, assuming I'm suitable, which has brought me here.

I'm thinking of going with Dr. Bessam Farjo as he is quite nearby in Manchester I believe and seems to have lots of good press on here. I think there are other surgeons working at his clinic, do I need to ensure I get him specifically somehow, perhaps requesting him in the consultation?

Also, what's the usual amount of grafts a clinic can do in one full day session? I'm probably going to need a lot!

Thanks!

Hi, 

Most clinics will transplant up to 3-3.5K grafts in one session. If you're a NW 5 or 6, I guess you'll have to do two sessions: in that case, patients usually choose to do the hairline and midscalp first because that's what people see when they look at you, and the crown later with what's left of the donor. 

There are some doctors who will take much more grafts in one session, especially Zarev and Pitella. But I doubt any British Dr would go further than 3.5K. Some Turkish clinics pretend to, but you can never be sure of the actual number of grafts. 

7 minutes ago, kiwik said:

Hi, 

Most clinics will transplant up to 3-3.5K grafts in one session. If you're a NW 5 or 6, I guess you'll have to do two sessions: in that case, patients usually choose to do the hairline and midscalp first because that's what people see when they look at you, and the crown later with what's left of the donor. 

There are some doctors who will take much more grafts in one session, especially Zarev and Pitella. But I doubt any British Dr would go further than 3.5K. Some Turkish clinics pretend to, but you can never be sure of the actual number of grafts. 

Thanks for the info! Yeah that makes sense to go for the front first. I'm actually wondering if my crown can be treated with non-surgical treatment, I'll have to speak to a Doctor about it, it's in much, much better shape than the front.

At HDC we do around 2500 grafts per day of surgery so we won't rush the process, usually most of our paitents do 2 days of surgery and mega sessions of 6000+ grafts (if possible without overharvesting) with 3 days of surgery.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

You can get evaluated for both approaches.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for the posts and suggestions guys, sorry for my late reply. I'm open to the idea of FUT, I'm just wondering about how bad the scars may be I guess. I'll be sure to bring it up when I have my consultation though!

18 minutes ago, barnett said:

Thanks for the posts and suggestions guys, sorry for my late reply. I'm open to the idea of FUT, I'm just wondering about how bad the scars may be I guess. I'll be sure to bring it up when I have my consultation though!

how flexible is your scalp?

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Make sure you get to see a lot of Norwood 5/6 results that you are inspired by. Also don’t feel bound by geography. This is permanent surgery. Ensure you have done your research and you are happy whoever you choose. All the best. 

Thanks for the advice. I'll be honest, I'm mainly going off reputation on this website (and pics of outcomes where available) and then geography is helping me narrow it down. I'm not sure I'd ever be able to confidently choose the absolute best surgeon out of a bunch of good ones anyway!! 

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

how flexible is your scalp?

Thanks for that! No I don't have much give in my scalp unfortunately, a little maybe on the sides and back but still nowhere near as much as the photograph.

Just now, barnett said:

Thanks for the advice. I'll be honest, I'm mainly going off reputation on this website (and pics of outcomes where available) and then geography is helping me narrow it down. I'm not sure I'd ever be able to confidently choose the absolute best surgeon out of a bunch of good ones anyway!! 

Thanks for that! No I don't have much give in my scalp unfortunately, a little maybe on the sides and back but still nowhere near as much as the photograph.

then maybe fue is as good as fut regarding lifetime graft count