Is my donor area screwed?

aybrgs

It is day 16 and I feel most of the people have an almost perfect recovery of their donor area at this point. Mine is still very poor and looks awful. Do you think it was overharvested or just shock loss?

I had 3270 grafts on March 11th.

Implanted area looks good to me so far. 

20230328_094416.jpg

20230328_094318.jpg

20230328_094235.jpg

20230328_094115.jpg

• Administrators

Watch this

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks ok to me, I know it’s hard but try not to over think things.

At 16 days post op it’s still very early days. Your donor scars are still healing and the area around them is still recovering. For the stage you’re at things look pretty standard. 

12 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Looks ok to me, I know it’s hard but try not to over think things.

At 16 days post op it’s still very early days. Your donor scars are still healing and the area around them is still recovering. For the stage you’re at things look pretty standard. 

Thanks man! I will follow up in a few weeks/months. 

• Valued Contributor

@aybrgs it is way too early to stress and personally looking at your post op extraction site it looks normal and well distributed. Even if it is shock loss this is very common but really it takes a long time for everything to heal. All the best!

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 3/28/2023 at 4:11 AM, aybrgs said:

It is day 16 and I feel most of the people have an almost perfect recovery of their donor area at this point. Mine is still very poor and looks awful. Do you think it was overharvested or just shock loss?

Why would you think people have almost perfect donor recovery in just 16 days? That's just not the case. It can take a number of months. Most people get some donor area shock loss. Your donor area actually looks very good for just 16 days.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

13 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Why would you think people have almost perfect donor recovery in just 16 days? That's just not the case. It can take a number of months. Most people get some donor area shock loss. Your donor area actually looks very good for just 16 days.

Thanks for your answer. I said that because it is what I see on many posts here and on reddit but I might have seen awesome results without knowing it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looks to be recovering already. In the future, post directly here, we don’t allow outside links.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, bigmistake said:

3,270 grafts for just the front ? Something does not add up. Is it possible to count the extraction holes to see how many grafts were extracted.

3000 on the front, 125 on each side and 20 on a scar I have on the top to be precise. From what I see on different forums (this one included), it seems to be standard.

• 3 months later...