Youtuber with a Norwood 1 gets a hair transplant at a beverly hills clinic

Berik

The design of the hairline looks feminine, though that might be something he is going for. The extraction pattern looks strange for such a small amount of grafts and it seems like they did not use a microscope when dividing/counting grafts. This clinic does not specialize in just hair, like many Beverly Hills Clinics, they do a ton of different procedures. 

I know many doctors would not have operated on this patient, I thought it was pretty crazy that he ended up getting the transplant. 

• Moderators

I was trying to watch this entire video, but I kept looking at the cute Asian Dr. 😊 Too bad she never took her mask off. Anyway, I think he had enough loss for a hair transplant, although I think he should have tried to stay at around a 1200 graft range and keep it high to just fill in some thinning areas. I think they came too low on the sides. Not that it looks bad because it doesn't. I just wonder how he will be in the long term because I think he is going to lose a lot more hair. It seems like a lot of younger guys don't really take the future into consideration.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

So many things wrong with this.

- neograft

- he thinks FUT is primitive 

- considers HT a preventative measure. It doesn’t prevent further hair loss

- says his teacher used to mock his thin crown yet he didn’t even fill the crown.

- the doctor refers to his frontotemporal corners as widows peak areas.

However, I must admit I was surprised in the end because the design to me does not look artificial nor too aggressive. Only time will tell the final outcome however.

On 3/25/2023 at 10:08 PM, Rafael Manelli said:

So many things wrong with this.

- neograft

- he thinks FUT is primitive 

- considers HT a preventative measure. It doesn’t prevent further hair loss

- says his teacher used to mock his thin crown yet he didn’t even fill the crown.

- the doctor refers to his frontotemporal corners as widows peak areas.

However, I must admit I was surprised in the end because the design to me does not look artificial nor too aggressive. Only time will tell the final outcome however.

what are neografts,

33 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Z1t9xOd9cGo 

out of interests what kind of extraction techniques are good clinics like eugenix, pittella, bicer, bisanga hlc etc using these days?

is there an overview or a video which extraction technique is the best?@Melvin- Moderator

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

• Valued Contributor

There are different motorised extraction tools and surgeon can use whichever is comfortable to him/her....but generally this days most of them are using WAW and Trivellini 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/24/2023 at 8:40 PM, Berik said:

The design of the hairline looks feminine, though that might be something he is going for. The extraction pattern looks strange for such a small amount of grafts and it seems like they did not use a microscope when dividing/counting grafts. This clinic does not specialize in just hair, like many Beverly Hills Clinics, they do a ton of different procedures. 

I know many doctors would not have operated on this patient, I thought it was pretty crazy that he ended up getting the transplant. 

I think you may be on to something here.