Hair greed (therapy session)

Guys, before we get into the topic i just want to preface by saying , let’s keep this lighthearted & not too serious-) 

As we know, hair greed is real, yes it is. We are all here in therapy, & as 1 wise man said, ‘there is no lying in therapy”. We gonna keep it real here.

One may wonder after ht, when is enough really enough (hair). Of course , it depends on 1s donor capacity, finances etc. but hear me out, i look at it as retirement account. We all know we need to plan savings for retirement, we can’t really depend on social security checks, simply cause it’s bare minimum & some might not even survive on that alone, given rising cost of living etc.
Now let’s look at ht, we do consciously realise that ht is not hair-loss elimination, it’s a hair loss reduction, but yet subconsciously we dismiss it, yes, we do, 😬. My pops is 90 yrs old, he was a solid NW3 till like 50, but at 60 he progressed to NW5 & now NW7. His sides dropped low. Now this made me a bit scarred that if we follow the hair greed at even till 60, & most high will bless us with another 30-40 yrs of life, are we ok sporting an island ( should sides start to go)? And once they go they really go, it would need a lot of grafts. As much as i , and i assume you, want to get that Elvis density, we have to be real with ourselves. Donor supply is finite, risks of ht are always on cards, Zarev’s wait list will be 20+ yrs, cure will still be promised in ‘5yrs’ 😝is it really worth it?  right now my coverage in natural light is very good, as is most of yours who had good hts, do we really walk around with fluorescent light bulb 💡 over our heads? No.  So, in my opinion whenever hair greed strikes, be mindful of it😎

• Thanks 1

yes some people really go from norwood 5 to norwood 6/7 in old age, these lateral humps often disappear later in life

however you can take fin to prevent it. 

personally i think i wouldnt „mind“ that much with 70 or sth to buzz it off in case im out of donor hair

TBH most of the people who end up with hair islands don't actually look that unnatural to me from what I've seen. But there are very few pics of this on the internet that I've been able to find. 

I also think you can always just shave it all off if you run out of donor or don't want to go with any more HT's. Will there be a "shadow" from the transplanted follicles? Sure. But guys who don't have HT's and opt to shave it have this shadow too and it doesn't look weird at all. 

34 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I also think you can always just shave it all off if you run out of donor or don't want to go with any more HT's. Will there be a "shadow" from the transplanted follicles? Sure. But guys who don't have HT's and opt to shave it have this shadow too and it doesn't look weird at all. 

i think most people would be concerned about the scaring..in people like tate the scars dont seem visible that much even wet shaved and even fut scars can look ok (see joe rogan)

but it can look really noticable though, see that case (see at 7:28)

however, life goes on, even with scaring..

• Like 1

Good points guys, yes, i see your point of views as well.

What my main point that i wanted to drive home is that if one has a good coverage from ht , that is, Under Normal light Conditions it’s not a see thru, then in my opinion, there should be no need for adding density. Certain acceptance is a must when undergoing ht. i by no means defending any mediocre results. We are strictly elaborating on hair greed, which usually strikes those  of us who have satisfactory coverage but wish for more density.

• Like 1

Hey @civic. I know you commented on my thread recently and maybe I'm one of the reasons for your post. I appreciate your comments and thoughts. You are right that this is a long term game and just like saving for retirement you have to think of your long term goals. At the same time it's hard not to have your cake and eat it too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bb111 said:

Hey @civic. I know you commented on my thread recently and maybe I'm one of the reasons for your post. I appreciate your comments and thoughts. You are right that this is a long term game and just like saving for retirement you have to think of your long term goals. At the same time it's hard not to have your cake and eat it too. 

All good my friend! This topic been on my mind for a while, as i too am not immune from hair greed-) and hence opening a thread in this is also theraputic to myself. Hey, if in the near future some miracle new fue technic is developed or Zarev shares his method with more docs, i will be the 1st in line to get me more hair😎, i too want to flex on Instagram with Elvis like density.

Edited by civic