bald vertex?

sorry to re-create a topic and bother you again but I feel my vertex and balding I thought it was normal but doing a google search for a friend who thinks she has a balding vertex I fell on her and i am 17 years oldScreenshot_20230314-224825_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fa672235a9ba2d481dca7137d6fceeb2.jpg

which according to Google is a bald vertex I feel like I have the same I would like your opinion thank you photos below taken with flash and rear cameraScreenshot_20230314-230321_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0014d264bd0a864af0584f133b5baca8.jpgScreenshot_20230314-224729_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4509bdaf351225a4af5533b3814769f3.jpg20230314_224232.thumb.jpg.b902bc6006b53c6eba39698b639e6c8c.jpg20230314_224222.thumb.jpg.9e7a5434c75ee1691d837de538b61c80.jpg20230314_224222.thumb.jpg.9e7a5434c75ee1691d837de538b61c80.jpg20230314_224212.thumb.jpg.6a246dd49eb2dbebb3f8c41747f657a9.jpg

and it was in december shorter hairphotos below without flash

20230314_224540.thumb.jpg.aa0fd7db17b18b384ca2b56f19392757.jpg20230314_224616.thumb.jpg.054b944eaa3e4849d04eb48e318d0434.jpg20230314_224548.thumb.jpg.4325fe7707e26c76d4791203cbd1739b.jpg

Edited by Max1

Bro this isn’t balding at all. But don’t take any of us armchair experts word for it, seek out a dermatologist, preferably a trichologist. Only they and/or a decent hair transplant clinic can properly assess you’re hair. I can see by you’re posts you’re obsessed, and this isn’t something I think the forum can put you’re mind at risk. Even with the professionals chiming in on the other threads, it really does need to be seen in person. Despite it looking to a outsider absolutely nothing is wrong, I think seeing someone in person and having it examined would actually give you some confidence/satisfaction going forward. At some point in you’re life you will possibly face hair loss, but it’s not right now, and as you’re so observant then you really would notice any changes in the future. 
Most people wait until the hair loss progresses to quite some extent, some start medication at the earliest stage. For you I just think you need professional reassurance after it being examined. 
Looking on Google is dangerous when starting out, according to Google is not something you should be basing any decisions on, good resource yeh, but not for identifying a individuals hair loss. 
I also understand you’re not posting in you’re native language, and sorry but my French is poor 😬 I hope translate will make sense of my post to you. 

• Administrators

That is a normal whorl, you’re not balding. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

46 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

Bro ce n'est pas chauve du tout. Mais ne vous fiez pas à l'un de nous, experts en fauteuil, cherchez un dermatologue, de préférence un trichologue. Seuls eux et/ou une clinique de greffe de cheveux décente peuvent évaluer correctement vos cheveux. Je peux voir par vos messages que vous êtes obsédé, et ce n'est pas quelque chose que je pense que le forum peut mettre votre esprit en danger. Même avec les professionnels qui interviennent sur les autres fils, il faut vraiment le voir en personne. Bien qu'il regarde un étranger, absolument rien ne va pas, je pense que voir quelqu'un en personne et le faire examiner vous donnerait en fait une certaine confiance/satisfaction à l'avenir. À un moment donné de votre vie, vous ferez peut-être face à la perte de cheveux, mais ce n'est pas pour le moment, et comme vous êtes si observateur, vous remarquerez vraiment tout changement à l'avenir. 
La plupart des gens attendent que la perte de cheveux progresse dans une certaine mesure, certains commencent à prendre des médicaments au stade le plus précoce. Pour vous, je pense juste que vous avez besoin d'être rassuré par un professionnel après l'avoir examiné. 
Regarder sur Google est dangereux au début, selon Google, ce n'est pas quelque chose sur lequel vous devriez fonder vos décisions, une bonne ressource oui, mais pas pour identifier la perte de cheveux d'un individu. 
Je comprends également que vous ne postez pas dans votre langue maternelle, et désolé mais mon français est médiocre 😬 J'espère que la traduction vous donnera un sens à mon message. 

thank you for your opinion baldness is indeed my greatest fear but for you it is not necessary to go to a doctor? for you I have nothing? and I promise I'll stop the topics I trust you and according to you it is a beginning of hair loss or not and according to you and what I will lose my hair soon

34 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

C'est un verticille normal, vous n'êtes pas chauve. 

thank you and excuse my not very perfect English so for you there is no point in making an appointment with a doctor? I'm not born, is that right? Thanks for your help

Edited by Max1

Je ne pense pas que vous trouverez quelqu'un ici sur le forum qui pense que vous êtes chauve, j'ai vu les réponses d'un représentant de la clinique, du modérateur principal et d'autres membres expérimentés et tous disent la même chose. Je vois que des gens ont suggéré au docteur et à un dermatologue, oui, faites-le si vous êtes particulièrement inquiet à ce sujet.

Edited by Fueway

16 minutes ago, Fueway said:

Je ne pense pas que vous trouverez quelqu'un ici sur le forum qui pense que vous êtes chauve, j'ai vu les réponses d'un représentant de la clinique, du modérateur principal et d'autres membres expérimentés et tous disent la même chose . Je vois que des gens ont proposé au docteur et à un dermatologue, oui, faites-le si vous êtes particulièrement inquiet à ce sujet.

Merci d'écrire en français mais je vais écrire en anglais pour vous yes I am very worried but you are telling me that everything is fine I believe you I will not bother a doctor for nothing so I trust you and if you judge that it is not necessary I will not go to see a doctor thank you

3 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

@ Max1 Si vous êtes toujours inquiet, alors oui, faites-le examiner par un professionnel, c'est-à-dire si nous ne vous avons pas convaincu que tout va bien. 

thank you for yours I hope you are sincere so I trust you and if it is not necessary I will not go to see a doctor thank you for your help so if I understand correctly I have nothing mm not a start

Edited by Max1

Keep the pics as a reference point, you will know in the future of it does progress. All of males are prone to balding at some point, for you it’s not now. 
Enjoy being young with great hair! 👍🏿

il y a 35 minutes, Pbaird98 a dit :

Gardez les photos comme point de référence, vous saurez à l'avenir si cela progresse. Tous les hommes sont sujets à la calvitie à un moment donné, pour vous ce n'est pas maintenant. 
Profitez d'être jeune avec de beaux cheveux! 👍🏿

pour l'instant ? mais à 20 ans, par exemple, cela peut-il arriver ?

Edited by Max1

13 minutes ago, Max1 said:

there is a good chance that it will evolve in your opinion? and sorry for my English

All men are subject to hair loss through MPB, the rate this will happen is Impossible to predict, sometimes people can make a educated guess, but thats still a guess… in you’re particular case you are now attuned too what can happen and I have no doubt then IF any changes occur you will ensure its professionally looked at. Absolutely nobody will be able to say when that is. 

14 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

Tous les hommes sont sujets à la perte de cheveux par MPB, le rythme auquel cela se permet parfois est impossible à prévoir, les gens peuvent faire une supposition éclairée, mais c'est toujours une supposition… dans votre cas particulier, vous êtes maintenant également à l'écoute de ce qui peut arriver et je n'ayez aucun doute alors que les changements se produisent, vous vous assurez qu'ils sont examinés par un professionnel. Absolument personne ne pourra dire quand c'est. 

Merci pour votre avis mais pourriez-vous me donner une estimation ?

16 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@ Max1vous n'êtes pas chauve. Profitez de votre vie pendant que vous êtes jeune. Vous n'avez rien à craindre !💯 👌

thank you and do you think i can lose mes hair tot like 20 years old?

Edited by Max1

Even if you are in the earliest stages of balding you are lucky to have all this information at your disposal. When you are 18 years old get on Finasteride 1mg daily and you won’t ever have to worry about losing hair ever again. You will keep that state of hair for as long as you are on the drug.

• Face Palm 1

15 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Même si vous en êtes aux premiers stades de la calvitie, vous avez la chance d'avoir toutes ces informations à votre disposition. Lorsque vous aurez 18 ans, prenez Finastéride 1 mg par jour et vous n'aurez plus jamais à vous soucier de perdre vos cheveux. Vous garderez cet état de cheveux aussi longtemps que vous prendrez le médicament.

you think it's the beginning of baldness

On 15/03/2023 at 11:43, WhereIsMyMind said:

vous êtes au moins NW7 et sur le point de devenir Jeff Bezos

🤣🤣Screenshot_20230316-195516_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8be66adf49c0143046d947e5dd9d639e.jpg

15 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Even if you are in the earliest stages of balding you are lucky to have all this information at your disposal. When you are 18 years old get on Finasteride 1mg daily and you won’t ever have to worry about losing hair ever again. You will keep that state of hair for as long as you are on the drug.

This. 

Keep a photo log and if you do feel like there is recession creeping in get on Fin asap.

I had the typical ‘M’ which was pretty stable from around 18-30. (So didn’t use any medication). Between 30-34 it recessed massively and into my mid scalp. 

1 hour ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Ce. 

Gardez un journal de photos et si vous avez l'impression qu'il y a une récession rampante, allez sur Fin dès que possible.

J'avais le 'M' typique qui était assez stable entre 18 et 30 ans. (Donc, je n'ai utilisé aucun médicament). Entre 30 et 34 ans, il s'est enfoncé massivement et dans mon cuir chevelu. 

yes

I don't understand very well sorry

but I would like an opinion please answer is this the beginning of baldness for you

Edited by Max1

15 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

This. 

Keep a photo log and if you do feel like there is recession creeping in get on Fin asap.

I had the typical ‘M’ which was pretty stable from around 18-30. (So didn’t use any medication). Between 30-34 it recessed massively and into my mid scalp. 

sorry I do not understand very well for you it is a beginning of baldness or not to use simple words because it is complicated to translate thank you

• Valued Contributor

@Max1 you are not at the beginning stages of baldness. You are not going bald. No matter how many times you ask if you are going bald the answer will always be no you are not going bald. If thinking about your hair (which is not going to go bald) causes you anxiety then once again I strongly recommend you speak with a psychologist/psychiatrist. I think the real problem you have is that you are suffering from a mental illness and not baldness. I believe you have OCD or Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD). Your mind will always be wondering ‘but what if?’ 🤔 By asking the same question about your hair you are seeking reinforcement to reduce the short lived anxiety. But the problem is that the obsessive doubt about your hair will return and the need to ask a question about your fear of baldness will continue. In fact every time we tell you the truth (that you are not going bald) we are actually making the problem worse because it will just reinforce the doubt ‘but how do I really know if I’m going bald?’ The problem has nothing to do with your hair. Get a referral for a good therapist who specializes in OCD/BDD, anxiety disorders. We can see and know that you are not going bald but your condition means you are not able to see your great head of hair like we can. I hope this makes sense. Wishing you all the best. 👍

@Max1,

this is my strong opinion. All of the videos and pictures you are presenting simply look like you’re showing a normal crown without any signs of hair loss. What you may or may not know is that the vertex or crown as we often call it possesses a different hair pattern, angles, and direction.  then the rest of your scout. We call it the natural whorl or swirl.  Essentially the direction and angle of each hair in the crown follows a circular pattern.  If you picture a tornado or a funnel of some kind, you’ll see that there is a small circular space in the very center.

What you are seeing is the very center of the tornado or funnel when you’re looking at the center of your crown. People often refer to this as a cowlick.

Now, it’s also true that an individual can experience up to 50% hair loss in a concentrated area before noticing any visual signs of thinning.  Therefore, if you are concerned that you might be experiencing early stages of hair loss, I suggest consulting a dermatologist who can evaluate your scalp under magnification to see if there are signs of miniaturization. At that point, if the dermatologist finds signs of miniaturization and determines that you have early onset of male pattern, baldness, he, or she would likely recommend that you consider finasteride or minoxidil. If you are under 18 years of age, you may not prescribe finasteride until you reach 18.  Exceptions are often made, but you will likely need parental/guardian consent for any prescription medication, which includes finasteride.

keep in mind that we as members of a discussion forum can only give you our opinions. Even a doctor on this forum is only looking at photos and can’t give you a definite answer without evaluating your scalp in person.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

22 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@ Max1,

c'est mon avis tranché. Toutes les vidéos et photos que vous présentez donnent simplement l'impression que vous montrez une couronne normale sans aucun signe de perte de cheveux. Ce que vous savez peut-être ou non, c'est que le sommet ou la couronne, comme nous l'appelons souvent, possède un motif de cheveux, des angles et une direction différents. puis le reste de votre éclaireur. Nous l'appelons le verticille ou le tourbillon naturel. Essentiellement, la direction et l'angle de chaque poil de la couronne suivent un motif circulaire. Si vous imaginez une tornade ou un entonnoir quelconque, vous verrez qu'il y a un petit espace circulaire au centre même.

Ce que vous voyez est le centre même de la tornade ou de l'entonnoir lorsque vous regardez le centre de votre couronne. Les gens se réfèrent souvent à cela comme un cowlick.

Maintenant, il est également vrai qu'un individu peut perdre jusqu'à 50 % de ses cheveux  dans une zone concentrée avant de remarquer des signes visuels d'amincissement. Par conséquent, si vous craignez de connaître les premiers stades de la perte de cheveux, je vous suggère de consulter un dermatologue qui pourra évaluer votre cuir chevelu sous grossissement pour voir s'il y a des signes de miniaturisation. À ce stade, si le dermatologue trouve des signes de miniaturisation et détermine que vous avez un début précoce de schéma masculin, de calvitie, il vous recommandera probablement d'envisager le finastéride ou le minoxidil. Si vous avez moins de 18 ans, vous ne pouvez pas prescrire de finastéride avant d'avoir atteint l'âge de 18 ans. Des exceptions sont souvent faites, mais vous aurez probablement besoin du consentement de vos parents/tuteurs pour tout médicament sur ordonnance, y compris le finastéride.

gardez à l'esprit qu'en tant que membres d'un forum de discussion, nous ne pouvons que vous donner nos opinions. Même un médecin sur ce forum ne regarde que des photos et ne peut pas vous donner de réponse définitive sans évaluer votre cuir chevelu en personne.

J'espère que ça aide 

Greffe de cheveux Rahal 

thank you very much for your help I completely understand I am probably too obsessed with it thank you for taking time for me sir