Recommendation on the hairline

• Moderators

Go with the higher one. You can always lower it a bit later if you have enough grafts for it. You want to get enough density first.

• Like 3

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

19 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Go with the higher one. You can always lower it a bit later if you have enough grafts for it. You want to get enough density first.

how can he go higher? Thats where his native hair starts, he hasnt lowered it at all

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, BaldV said:

how can he go higher? Thats where his native hair starts, he hasnt lowered it at all

I meant go with the upper line drawn.

image.png.77382371bd5338aa7937ee354fbd0c6b.png

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, Rock92 said:

Any recommendation on the two options that the doctor has given me?

The upper hairline is 4500grafts and the the one below with temples is 5k grafts.

94F715F1-D0C0-4E0B-BC78-DF8ED0480596.jpeg

82E11E80-131E-4748-8A9A-A472ADCC563C.jpeg

who is the surgeon? the lower line with the temples looks good 👏🏻

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

how on earth would that high hairline be 4.5k graft?

He is nearly bald throughout the midscalp and may have some crown balding too (we can't see the crown). It also looks like he is thinning in the side part area too, so he could be nearing NW 6.

I looked a lot like this when I was around 20. I was bald all though the top and crown, but I had some frontal hair, so I grew my hair long and parted it on the side to do a combover which didn't look too bad from the front since I had that frontal center hair. This is why I think he needs to go with the upper line that he had drawn on him.

image.png.70a21d0b548e8f6fc56c1d7bfbb8e572.png

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

He is nearly bald throughout the midscalp and may have some crown balding too (we can't see the crown). It also looks like he is thinning in the side part area too, so he could be nearing NW 6.

I looked a lot like this when I was around 20. I was bald all though the top and crown, but I had some frontal hair, so I grew my hair long and parted it on the side to do a combover which didn't look too bad from the front since I had that frontal center hair. This is why I think he needs to go with the upper line that he had drawn on him.

image.png.70a21d0b548e8f6fc56c1d7bfbb8e572.png

Its correct.. I have a lot of balding in the crown area. I am definitely NW 6. The doctor has suggested to go with the upper hairline because it will save me some grafts for the future.. According to the doctor, i have a 7.5k grafts of total donor capacity right now.

I wanted to check with you all because i want my temples to be fixed as well but i dont know if it will look natural or not.

Also since i have never taken finastride, i dont know if it will suit me.

According to the doctor, the hairline below is only possible if finastride works for me.

Edited by Rock92

I think the temple points are way too aggressive given your loss pattern. If you really want to go this route you need to start medication immediately and accept the lifelong commitment. 

1 hour ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

I wouldnt even dare to transplant with diffusse alopecia and no medication tbh

How can you be sure that it is a diffuse alopecia? My balding has stopped now after it has reached the pattern that my dad has.

Anyway its all a moot point because my surgery is all done. I can only wish for the best..

21 hours ago, Judelaw said:

I think the temple points are way too aggressive given your loss pattern. If you really want to go this route you need to start medication immediately and accept the lifelong commitment. 

i went with the first hairline because if my temples continue to receed then i will have a gap between my transplanted and the old hair.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Considering your baldness its good tht you haven't lowered your hairline much..where you went for your transplant ?(if you can reveal) ...and plz post immediate post op pic so evryone can see the grafts placement....and r u on medication ?

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

10 minutes ago, Archan said:

Considering your baldness its good tht you haven't lowered your hairline much..where you went for your transplant ?(if you can reveal) ...and plz post immediate post op pic so evryone can see the grafts placement....and r u on medication ?

Today is my second day of finastride.

451702AE-0A0B-4029-911E-3CE1E6523A51.jpeg

A1057FB3-CFF9-4DDA-ACD3-A3FD0102FD52.jpeg

Edited by Rock92

i wanted a lower hairline but i guess i changed my mind when the patient coordinator explained me the issue with temples.

Also i dont know if finastride works for me or not... ( for which i think i need to wait 3 months)

Are you all taking minoxidil as well?

• Valued Contributor

3 minutes ago, Rock92 said:

i have just started finastride.

451702AE-0A0B-4029-911E-3CE1E6523A51.jpeg

A1057FB3-CFF9-4DDA-ACD3-A3FD0102FD52.jpeg

Work looks clean and implantation looks proper frm the pics...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
Just now, Rock92 said:

Thanks.. i am just keeping my fingers crossed🤞🤞🤞

Yeh its a long wait...so keep your cool and dont try to cherry pick anythng too early cause tht would jst make you more nervous ..better to jst take care of them as told by the doctor and forget everything else and looking at it too much daily...Happy growing and keep updating ...😊

• Like 1

--> My Thread