Considering Dr Laorwong- can’t find many reviews

Robo

Does anyone know why some of the surgeons (such as Dr Laorwong) that have been doing hair transplants for over 10 years don’t have many reviews? It seems like only in the last couple of years there has been a greater increase in reviews. Even on reddit forums I can’t find anything before 2019/20.

it concerns me a bit because I would’ve thought that there would be plenty of reviews over a career spanning such a long time. I can see that some Dr’s on here have profiles which contain some of their work but there isn’t 10 years worth.

16 minutes ago, Robo said:

Does anyone know why some of the surgeons (such as Dr Laorwong) that have been doing hair transplants for over 10 years don’t have many reviews? It seems like only in the last couple of years there has been a greater increase in reviews. Even on reddit forums I can’t find anything before 2019/20.

it concerns me a bit because I would’ve thought that there would be plenty of reviews over a career spanning such a long time. I can see that some Dr’s on here have profiles which contain some of their work but there isn’t 10 years worth.

I just put his name in the search bar and it throws up a lot, including recent/past hts. 
https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/search/?&q=Laorwong&search_and_or=or

• Like 1

I think it’s more that I just can’t find much outside of hairrestorationnetwork. Reddit is almost completely quiet on him and Facebook groups that I’m a part of habe only recently in the past few months mentioned him. Shouldn’t there be heaps of reviews scattered? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robo said:

I think it’s more that I just can’t find much outside of hairrestorationnetwork. Reddit is almost completely quiet on him and Facebook groups that I’m a part of habe only recently in the past few months mentioned him. Shouldn’t there be heaps of reviews scattered? 

Have you looked on Belli Capelli? Italian forum but can be switched to English, it’s the only other forum I frequent, not sure how to navigate Reddit tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Robo said:

I hadn’t- but I did just have a look now and did a search and there’s no trace of his name on Belli capelli. 

I can find stuff for Dr Laorwong however this is awkward as I can’t post links here they will be removed, I’m not sure I can message a new user either, sorry. 

Edited by Fueway

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Pbaird98 said:

I just put his name in the search bar and it throws up a lot, including recent/past hts. 
https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/search/?&q=Laorwong&search_and_or=or

^this

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Laorwong seems to be a more underrated doctor. I feel like people don't really see Thailand as a place to go to get transplants and so prioritize other surgeons and locales. I'm about one month post from surgery with Laorwong and had a great experience. Don't know how the final result will be yet though. Still, I messaged several of his other patients and no one had anything negative to say. The only negative reviews I've seen left for him were like one or two back in 2017. Also, I don't go on Reddit as much but he seems pretty popular over there from what I've seen.

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Wrong doc

My mistake. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...

I am kinda having the same issue. I'll have to be in Thailand later this year anyway, so it'd be very practical to get the procedure done while there. 

There are tons of posts by Dr. Laorwong himself. But there are very few by patients that actually end up posting final results. I can only find two good ones, and those are years old. 

I prefer seeing some patient posted reviewes, just to be sure there is no pre-selection going on. The lack of them (or the amount that never end up updating) is definitely making me hesitate. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Anon94 said:

I am kinda having the same issue. I'll have to be in Thailand later this year anyway, so it'd be very practical to get the procedure done while there. 

There are tons of posts by Dr. Laorwong himself. But there are very few by patients that actually end up posting final results. I can only find two good ones, and those are years old. 

I prefer seeing some patient posted reviewes, just to be sure there is no pre-selection going on. The lack of them (or the amount that never end up updating) is definitely making me hesitate. 

@AlexMeister21 went to Laorwong for a repair, maybe he can provide you with some information.

View my thread

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator. That's one of the two I could find. It just seems like surprisingly few patient reviews for a doctor that both recommended on here and quite affordable. 

The results the doctor himself is posting are all fantastic. But I'm always a bit cautious when it comes to surgeon-posted results. (no surgeon would proudly post their bad work I imagine)

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Anon94 said:

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator. That's one of the two I could find. It just seems like surprisingly few patient reviews for a doctor that both recommended on here and quite affordable. 

The results the doctor himself is posting are all fantastic. But I'm always a bit cautious when it comes to surgeon-posted results. (no surgeon would proudly post their bad work I imagine)

I have researched well...he is very well experienced and highly regarded im this field ....i am booked with him om 2nd may..will share my experience as well...i had conversation with many of his patients and all gave me positive feedback ...he is underrated surgeon imo...actually many of his patients and from japan and thailand and china and i feel those people are not on forums and people from this countries are mostly introvert....and moreover dr laorwong isn't doing much marketing..plus most of the hype is created by turkey doctors and few others....

One more thing i have noticed is that when some particular doctors post results or whn a patient post result of himself with some particular doctor it gets more comments and focus while if some other doctors puts good results and if patients post their results with such doctors the post dont get that many comments and focus ...its just what i noticed and i may be wrong ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

All of the former Laorwong patients I spoke to didn't have anything negative to say about their surgery, and I can state the same thing. It was very smooth and there were no signs of negligence or lack of professionalism from Laorwong or his staff. It's too early for me to say how my result will turn out, but everything's looking good and on track. To add to what Archan said, most of the patients I saw at the clinic were Thai, who probably don't come to these forums. It seems Laorwong has had an increase of international patients within the past 1-2 years, so it'll be interesting to see how things go once the final results of these patients are revealed, me included.

• Like 1