Mod from reddit here, and account claiming to reprsent Dr Diep is threatening legal action, including taking down threads on HRN

5 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

All of his patients have to sign a contract before surgery that basically throws away their ability to sue, but maybe it'd be different in this case.

Yes completely different. Im no lawyer but I feel like even the initial contract all the HT docs may you sign isn't really enforceable (where you say you can't sue)

It's kind of like how many non-compete clauses in employee contacts aren't actually enforceable. 

But regardless, if a doctor sues you first, you certainly have the right to countersue. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

6 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Yes completely different. Im no lawyer but I feel like even the initial contract all the HT docs may you sign isn't really enforceable (where you say you can't sue)

It's kind of like how many non-compete clauses in employee contacts aren't actually enforceable. 

But regardless, if a doctor sues you first, you certainly have the right to countersue. 

Well then yes, if Diep tried to sue me and I had the ability to countersue, you bet your ass I would 🤬

Just imagine that's read back in court by Diep's lawyer one day. "And then he wrote he bet his ass he would countersue".

• Well Done 1

9 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Well then yes, if Diep tried to sue me and I had the ability to countersue, you bet your ass I would 🤬

Just imagine that's read back in court by Diep's lawyer one day. "And then he wrote he bet his ass he would countersue".

Id be super jelly of you if he did sue haha. Easiest money ever.....

I think all these Diep threats are just saber-rattling really.  

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I think we need to be clear that no one has been threatened aside from @Wallaby_Upstairs

Secondly, it’s a fallacy to believe that you would win some big settlement as a surgeon or a patient.

The reality is that these lawsuits are very hard to prove, ultimately, the ones that win are the lawyers. Because it’s a huge drain of money and finances. It becomes question as to who can burn up their funds.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Again, I would need a link the the comment to see the context. Like with the person defending Bicer. Him making legal threats was not something I would have imagined from what you described, but seeing the actual link and the context, to me the situation wasn't quite as described. Not saying it's a fault or anything, it's impossible for a summary to get everything right. That's why it's important to ground claims with sources and establish a factual timeline.

If you want to get into the cyberbullying paradigm, I invite you to examine non-sequitor bringing up of qui bono . He is banned from your forum, he is trying to move on from this, and his post history seems to indicate some success for this. He is not a public figure, and there are people who know his real identity based on his account. You are doing way better than him, you have successful hair transplants. His last one didn't work out. When you make statements about him on this forum, he can't defend himself, and he trying to making an effort to move on from the drama. You non-sequitor bringing him up has trigger him to consider making a post defending himself. I was saddened to hear that considering the time I spend working with him.

Please, just leave him alone.

You and lopsided pair can duke it out as much as you want. You both seem to enjoy it. Qui Bono is a different story.

As for Dr Bisanga, I won't heavily police comments made about public figures. Your rebuttal to his comments are more convincing to me, however, that discussion needs to be played out, not censored.

"It may take me time to approve because I have million things to do. I"

Before the December 2022 update, he posted an update before. I can't remember the exact timeline, I think he showed it to me early 2022. He has an earlier post that was stuck in the mod que for over a year. Later on in that thread, someone posted a reddit link, and I saw that you edited out the reddit link. So it's hard to imagine that you didn't see that post that was stuck over a year when you did that. Again, this is my understanding and perspective so far. Would appreciate any missed details you are able to provide.

Edited by Wallaby_Upstairs

17 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Id be super jelly of you if he did sue haha. Easiest money ever.....

I think all these Diep threats are just saber-rattling really.  

I posted a thread on the modsupport reddit where all the mods are admins, apparently this stuff like this happens all the time with other subreddits. Really good discussion, which lawyers popping in, you can find the thread if you follow my post history

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Sharing someone’s pictures via a private message and posting it publicly shows his true nature and character. I’ll leave it at that. 

To be clear, this is a speculative comment made on a memory of something that was relayed to him. If anyone has a link to the comment made, would love to see what happened, and also get the patient's take on it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Wallaby_Upstairs said:

To be clear, this is a speculative comment made on a memory of something that was relayed to him. If anyone has a link to the comment made, would love to see what happened, and also get the patient's take on it.

I saw the screenshot of the patient saying something like, 'these pictures are mine, I sent these via private message, but I didn't authorize him to share them.' I have asked for screenshots. Jim took down the post afterward but continued disparaging Dr. Bicer. How about you ask Jim if what I'm saying is true? What does Adrian have to gain?

Edit: I was just sent this photo of Jim hyperlinking a patient from this forum, someone who I’ve personally been working with and helping. Someone who is a multiple repair case and is having a VERY difficult time. This absolutely despicable. I’m at a loss for words that this kind of behavior is allowed. 

8DCF25A6-8A33-45A9-BC87-78542269FE41.jpeg

As for Cyberbullying, if you think my stating someone isn't telling the truth is cyberbullying, as opposed to someone posting pictures of me constantly and making disparaging remarks about my character isn't, then we have different views of cyberbullying. Ultimately, I think we have fundamental differences in what we view as appropriate, which shows in our communities. I wish you luck. If and when I receive the screenshots, I will post them. 

Onwards and upwards,

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Added photo

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I saw the screenshot of the patient saying something like, 'these pictures are mine, I sent these via private message, but I didn't authorize him to share them.' I have asked for screenshots. Jim took down the post afterward but continued disparaging Dr. Bicer. How about you ask Jim if what I'm saying is true? What does Adrian have to gain?

As for Cyberbullying, if you think my stating someone isn't telling the truth is cyberbullying, as opposed to someone posting pictures of me constantly and making disparaging remarks about my character isn't, then we have different views of cyberbullying. Ultimately, I think we have fundamental differences in what we view as appropriate, which shows in our communities. I wish you luck. If and when I receive the screenshots, I will post them. 

Onwards and upwards,

I asked he said that he shared never ever shared any photos that someone sent to him privately, he's only shared public photos. He also linked me a comment made a month ago about this accusation made against him. I checked the patient account in question and I don't see anything like that. I can link the comment if allowed.

For the lopsided pair accusation, there seems to be two completely different sides, and he has provided more concrete evidence. That doesn't mean the case is closed, perhaps there does exist the screen shot you mentioned. But like I've said many times, it's important to establish the factual timeline first.

As I mentioned, I would have deleted that comment against Adrian if I could find it. I couldn't. Maybe comments were deleted, but all users are entitled to rule 2 protections.

For the 'Cyberbullying', I can't quite figure our your full reference. Qui Bono or lopsided pair? Are you saying Qui bono was posting pictures of you? As far as I can tell, he is not. I don't know the whole story between you, it's long and convoluted. From my limited experienced in trying to conflicted resolve between you two, there seems to be two sides of the story. Maybe one is more right than the other. In some disputes, sometimes there is no 'other side', but my impression is that there certainly is for this case. You may feel justifying in your perception that Qui isn't being truthful. Qui feels justified in his remarks.

For in recent history, for the most part he has shown more effort in moving on than you have. In recent history, he has shown to the bigger man.

To be clear, I have pushed back on both of you when I have listened to both your stories. When the Konior situation first came up, Melvin spend HOURS of his precious time trying to help Qui, for free. I told him that he should appreciate that. And I am hoping to elicit some sympathy from you to. You are doing way better than he is. You've had successful hair transplants, your hair looks fantastic right now. He last procedure failed. Perhaps these images in mind would allow you for some more impulse control when you feel like delving into that drama again.

Again, my most sincere advice to the both of you is to move on from each other. There is a path where neither of you have to mention each other again.

Then there's lopsided pair. I say duke it out as much as you want. You both seem to accepted that it's never ending. He is the one that is posting pictures of you and criticizing you. And I don't see you holding back either on this forum.  As a public figure, I must allow for more leeway, but I have also deleted multiple comments from him, as well as others, on your behalf.

EDIT:

Qui bono asked me to put this correction, that Melvin didn't spend hours of his free time on him.

Apologies, what I know of the whole ordeal is messy and convoluted.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think we need to be clear that no one has been threatened aside from @Wallaby_Upstairs

Secondly, it’s a fallacy to believe that you would win some big settlement as a surgeon or a patient.

The reality is that these lawsuits are very hard to prove, ultimately, the ones that win are the lawyers. Because it’s a huge drain of money and finances. It becomes question as to who can burn up their funds.

Yeah, but nobody has to worry about me. I'm not so sure about the patients, who have posted reviews criticizing Dr Diep. Diep Can know who they are easily. Some are probably in the same state as him. There's at least one in the same county has him.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Wallaby_Upstairs said:

Hi Gatsby, every post I've seen you make is well reasoned and well informed, so I take whatever you say very seriously. You're KookyStatistician107 right? I had no idea you dropped by. I send you a private message there, I didn't see any previous chat messages. From your account I just see one stand alone comment. It could be that you deleted your messages, but speculative imagination is not encouraged on my forum and this seems like blatant violation of rule 2.

If you can provide me concrete examples I could provide moderation accordingly, but from your account history I don't see anything like how you dscribe. But like how I would not tolerate speculation of who you are working for, I would not tolerate speculation of any diagnosis of mental health. People should work towards a factual timeline when there are disputes.

@Wallaby_Upstairs why don’t you share the DM’s I sent you and you sent me? 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think Jim’s behavior is absolutely inexcusable. To say something so disrespectful and disgusting is beyond words. Someone whose a good person and has had bad luck. Someone I’m texting and helping. @Wallaby_Upstairs something needs to be done. Jim has shown his true colors. 

• Like 2
  • Well Done 2

View my thread

Melvin, qui bono shared a screen shot of you showing his ip address??

Melvin, WTF. Not cool, please delete this immediately. There is no excuse for this. None.

His words

melvin publishing my IP online
i created another account on HRN once i found out koniors hairline was 100fu, and asked them how to repair it
ironically the thread was about protecting patient's privacy, and he did that to me
melvin did not spend hours of his free time AND he exposed my IP - cyberbullying

39 minutes ago, Wallaby_Upstairs said:

Yeah, but nobody has to worry about me. I'm not so sure about the patients, who have posted reviews criticizing Dr Diep. Diep Can know who they are easily. Some are probably in the same state as him. There's at least one in the same county has him.

Anti-SLAPP is super strong in California, so those patients probably wouldn't have to worry as much if Diep goes full-blown on chasing negative reviews, but I doubt he'd even go that far in the first place. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Wallaby_Upstairs said:

Melvin, qui bono shared a screen shot of you showing his ip address??

Melvin, WTF. Not cool, please delete this immediately. There is no excuse for this. None.

His words

I never shared his IP. I shared the location, which I edited out. This is a distraction. I take it very seriously that the images from our forum are being used to post about members without their consent in a disgusting and harmful fashion. This is shameful. This member isn't a public figure. He's a struggling person, this is absolutely unacceptable.

• Like 4

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I never shared his IP. I shared the location, which I edited out. This is a distraction. I take it very seriously that the images from our forum are being used to post about members without their consent in a disgusting and harmful fashion. This is shameful. This member isn't a public figure. He's a struggling person, this is absolutely unacceptable.

I found comment and took care it.

The screen shot he shared has both the IP address and general location.

Just now, Gatsby said:

Why would I use multiple accounts? I'm not from reddit!!!

I'm trying to get to the bottom of the disconnect. You said we shared private messages? But when I look at the chat history from your account, I just see the msgs I send you yesterday

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Wallaby_Upstairs said:

I found comment and took care it.

The screen shot he shared has both the IP address and general location.

Took care of it by deleting it? Are there any consequences for the poster who posted this? Members of our community are interchangeable. I can’t imagine this member stumbling on this post, the damage it would cause psychologically. I would never allow someone on here to hyperlink or share someone else’s photo in such a disrespectful manner. I think it’s important to clarify if this behavior is acceptable on your subreddit. 

I can post a screenshot where it shows no IP. But this to me is a distraction.

• Like 2

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Took care of it by deleting it? Are there any consequences for the poster who posted this? Members of our community are interchangeable. I can’t imagine this member stumbling on this post, the damage it would cause psychologically. I would never allow someone on here to hyperlink or share someone else’s photo in such a disrespectful manner. I think it’s important to clarify if this behavior is acceptable on your subreddit. 

I can post a screenshot where it shows no IP. But this to me is a distraction.

I removed the comment, he edited, and then I re-approved it.

I will be making a statement shortly. I may need to make one as well if you did indeed expose one of your users IP address at some point in time. I have a link to the post in question, you wrote

"

I removed the IP, but confirmed this is definitely the same person and banned him for duplicate accounts.

"

Which indicates to me that you did expose it at some point in time. Please provide any additional details you can about this situation.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Diep drama sure brings communities together, eh?

I don’t care what anyone says about me, I’m fair game. But I’m extremely upset that someone would take someones post and say something so disrespectful like what Jim said. Especially because this particular person is struggling. Multiple repairs, not in a good place mentally. If there’s one thing I value is the respect and dignity of members. 

This was the whole reason I created this thread. I didn’t want members pictures being shared in a disparaging way. Members who post here are not public figures, they deserve some privacy and respect. Private messages exist for this reason.

I posted the IP location to be transparent and show the community that these two people were in fact the same person, and that I wasn’t banning them for anything else. I was not trying to dox anyone and I immediately edited it out. It was a mistake posting it. I did it for the sake of transparency. But to me, this is nothing more than a distraction. 

• Like 4

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

I’ve just rejoined reddit to view the thread and a lot of the post that I commented on involving lopsided, including messages have been deleted? Hmmmm. What I did find left was the first message I made and one of the last one’s. Including a message from you @Wallaby_Upstairs asking me to be a moderator of his forum! 6E341F97-55E4-4F04-97DE-521E16552728.thumb.jpeg.e5a47f6c4595d45866870a14cae0f1f1.jpeg84B72CD1-EF36-471A-A6C0-2E20B700E868.thumb.png.d809dd2664159c652fdc4e7ced869847.png84B72CD1-EF36-471A-A6C0-2E20B700E868.thumb.png.d809dd2664159c652fdc4e7ced869847.png84B72CD1-EF36-471A-A6C0-2E20B700E868.thumb.png.d809dd2664159c652fdc4e7ced869847.png72823B0C-D0DC-4A87-8A63-2E667B1C2555.thumb.png.9bdd0d4080921d3eb8cba9472efa0f64.png

B801D0E9-FE9A-432B-A75A-2AFD177E566F.jpeg

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 2