Propecia vs Proscar

mb123345

Is there any difference betwwen theses drugs besides the dosage? My Dr will write me a prescription for Proscar and it will be covered on my health insurance, I was going to cut the pill in 1/4s and take 1/4 every day or maybe every other day.

Is there any difference betwwen theses drugs besides the dosage? My Dr will write me a prescription for Proscar and it will be covered on my health insurance, I was going to cut the pill in 1/4s and take 1/4 every day or maybe every other day.

The Proscar tablets are slightly smaller than an aspirin and are five-sided like home plate in a baseball game. They are not that difficult to cut into quarters with a pill splitter, but you don't get exact dosages. The dosage does average out over time. I take 1/4 Proscar every other day.

Mr. T

Mr. T's 8 month post-op photos

Prescription, I have Aetna and I typed in the drug and they said it was covered, I can get a 90 day supply for $35 which would be a year when you cut them in 1/4's. If I type in a drug that's not covered (such as Propecia) it says not covered.

on Testosterone which can cause hair loss, I told him I was going to go back on Propecia. On my next visit I asked him for the prescription for Proscar and he gave it to me. I can check on the internet to see if a drug will be paid for before I get it and it says Proscar is. You should check with your insurance to see if it's covered, even if it's not according to my insurance Proscar is about $80 for a 30 day supply, if you cut the pills in 1/4's you gat a 120 day supply for $80, Propecia would be over $200