Scheduled Hair Transplant Appointment with Dr Resul Yaman

ZenDay

Hi,

I have scheduled a hair transplant appointment with Dr Resul Yaman in a few weeks. I researched several hair transplant doctors and talked with 13 different hair transplant facilities. Finally decided to go with Dr Yaman. Will post about my experience as and I have more to share. I am diagnosed a Norwood 4 level 3. Overall I was satisfied by the report from Dr Yaman and his proposed solution. Read through various reviews on here and other forums. There are several good and not so good experiences here, but seen mostly positive ones for Dr Yaman. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally done with my hair transplant with Dr Resul Yaman. The whole process spanned from 9am to 8.30pm. Here is the detailed description of my research, why I went with Dr Resul Yaman and the experience there.

I had been planning for hair transplant for a while. I live in the USA. I had Europe travel planned for a vacation and a friend suggested Turkey as a good option for hair transplant. I extended my vacation and stopped by Turkey at the end of my travel. I had shortlisted 3 doctors, Dr Yaman, Dr Pekiner and Dr Bicer. Dr Yaman had the best solution as per me. Dr Pekiner suggested I use hair growth treatments and enhance my density before he could perform the transplant as there was a higher rate of hair loss and it needed to be controlled. Communication with Dr Pekiner team was easy, and replies were prompt. Dr Bicer was more than 3 times more expensive than Dr Yaman and had no availability for the next month. Also, the communication with Dr Bicer team was not the best, their replies were taking few days. They also said they will put me on standby if anyone cancels. I had told them the dates I would be in Turkey, never heard from them. However, the solution suggested by Dr Yaman was more inline with what I was looking for. Dr Yaman suggested 4500 graft transplant in one day. I think that is the max they do in a day. 

Dr Yaman Clinic process

There was no deposit required. If I had any queries they would reply promptly. I chose to book my own hotel. On the day of surgery, the car scheduled by the clinic arrived at 9am. We reached the clinic in 5 mins. the neighborhood is decent, there is a grocery store next to the hospital. 

Entered the hospital, first was the blood work, it was pretty smooth, they drew two small tubes of blood and I was sent upstairs to the Surgery center front desk. There were couple more people there, one was for a hair transplant and other was there for cleaning. extra info ( the guy that was there for cleaning was saying one of his friend got hair transplant with Dr Yaman and he has seen good results so that motivated him to come over there). The clinic performs 2-3 hair transplants a day. 

The consult was with Dr Yaman, he measured my graft thickness which turned out to be borderline thick at 0.56mm. We calculated the donor area availability (was about 4500 grafts) , hopefully there is still good coverage after taking off these many grafts from the donor are. Dr Yaman said this should be fine and I have enough hair coverage at the donor area.  He showed scalp health and density around various areas of my scalp and what he recommends we do. Overall, an informative and easy process. 

Then made the payment with the coordinator and headed to the shaving station. Got that done, took off shirt and shoes and they provided hospital shoes and their gown. We then made way to the surgery room. It was a clean room, more like a typical dental treatment room in the USA. 

Dr Yaman entered, and we started the procedure. First were the anesthetic injections. This was by far the most painful process. Those needles sting bad and there were so many of them all around the scalp. It took a minute or so for them to kick in. He then did the PRP injection from the blood work collected earlier. Couldn't feel a thing as the scalp was numb. After that he started with the incisions. This process took a little over an hour. Again, I couldn't feel anything other than the sound of the needle making the incisions. Probably made 4500 of them, lost count. Did not converse too much with Dr Yaman, he just explained what he was doing at different steps. 

Next came the extraction step. This step was done by two technicians and one assistant who handed over various tools/ cleaning cloths etc.  It took over two hours. Dr Yaman came once I think during this time. They put a cloth over eyes to avoid cleaning water from being spayed from getting into the eyes. Overall, it wasn't painful, and the extraction continued at good pace. One technician used a motor for extraction and the other used some tool. I took one restroom break in-between. 

Then we had a lunch break. Got a chicken dish. It was about 30 mins break, I think. I was taken to a different room with a table setup and lunch served over there. 

After the lunch break, we headed for the graft insertions. This took about 5 hrs. This was the longest step. For the first 2.5 hrs. , two technicians worked on the insertions with one assistant. They used the Yaman implanters. They started with the front scalp and then moved onto the middle and back scalp. There wasn't any pain here either. The uncomfortable part was the seating and positioning. The bed wasn't the most comfortable and had to make readjustments regularly. Dr Yaman visited once or twice; I think. Again, my eyes were covered. We took a break for 15 mins. After that the insertions continued for another 2.5 hours , this time with three technicians working on the insertions. This session was good as I think, it was getting later in the day, and they were not talking as much and just focusing on the insertions. Overall, the second insertion session felt better than the first one. Finally, the insertions were done. Dr Yaman visited once or twice; I think. They cleaned the scalp and put bandage. Explained care steps for the night. 

Next set was the IV, with antibiotics, painkiller etc. It took about an hour. Once done, changed back into my shirt and shoes, got the instructions to wash and their kit with the essentials for care, got into the car and they dropped off at hotel. 

They gave a neck pillow to help sleep at night in an elevated position, I basically slept on bed on a seated position with the neck pillow against the headboard. Not the best sleep but still got an on and off 8-hour sleep. There was no bleeding through the night and no pain.  No swelling either. 

The next day was the follow-up for bandage removal and scalp cleaning. This was about 40 min process. First, they put some foam on the new hair grafts, then they removed the bandage which was followed by shampoo wash twice. This was done by technicians. I was given a headband with their logo. Was recommended to have it on to contain any swelling over the next few days. Have been drinking a lot of water. 

Overall had a good experience, Dr Yaman was great, the technicians were good, special shout out to their coordinator Isaan who was very helpful throughout the process. Will have to wait for the results. Will update as and how I see progress.

IMG_9537.jpg

IMG_9539.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

IMG_9558.jpg

IMG_9559.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

• Like 2

Happy growing. Dr yaman is a top quality surgeon in Turkey. I really like his results. 

It’s great to see another one case from dr yaman. The work looks really clean 👏

Some photos are not visible can you post them again ? I can’t see the pre op pics. 

On 3/31/2023 at 4:24 PM, ZenDay said:

Thanks. Maybe your bandwidth is slow if you are viewing on phone. I can see all the pics uploaded on here. 

I can’t still see them. I can only see post op pics. There’s a problem when trying to open the pre op pics…

58 minutes ago, Belve said:

Non riesco ancora a vederli. Vedo solo foto post operatorie. Si è verificato un problema durante il tentativo di aprire le immagini pre-op...

@ZenDayI can't see all the pics , as @Belve says 

• Thanks 1

Day 5
Scabs more visible and scalp got more itchy as hair started growing. It was manageable, no pain-killer needed. Still was sleeping in elevated position. The donor area scabs started falling off. Recipient area scabs were holding strong. Itchiness on recipient area caused sleep issues. 

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

Am not on any medication. I just did the 5 day antibiotics given my the clinic. 

Attaching Day 9 pics below, Scabs almost gone. Scalp looks clean. Most of the transplanted hair is till there. Scabs started falling off all through day 8 and the morning shampooing on day 9 took care of most of the remaining scabs. The scalp is still a bit tender to touch. Not painful but can tell its still recovering. there is no more itchiness. 

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

Thank You @Gramatik @Gatsby . Yes will share updates when new results are seen.  I do not plan to use finasteride, just wary of the list of side effects that come with it. Also am in two minds about topical minoxidil. I stopped using minoxidil two years ago due to recurring issues with face swelling and unwanted new hair growth midway on the forehead. I started using biotin supplements and vitamins along with being more diet conscious. I did share this opinion will Dr Yaman and he was supportive of it. Not sure how much this will help the actual hair loss. Will re-evaluate topical minoxidil usage if i see hair loss around transplanted area progressing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/7/2023 at 2:08 AM, ZenDay said:

Hi,

I have scheduled a hair transplant appointment with Dr Resul Yaman in a few weeks. I researched several hair transplant doctors and talked with 13 different hair transplant facilities. Finally decided to go with Dr Yaman. Will post about my experience as and I have more to share. I am diagnosed a Norwood 4 level 3. Overall I was satisfied by the report from Dr Yaman and his proposed solution. Read through various reviews on here and other forums. There are several good and not so good experiences here, but seen mostly positive ones for Dr Yaman. 

Hi! How long was your waitlist time after your consultation or after you booked an appointment? Do they require payment to schedule you? If so, how much?