5144 Grafts - Dr DAS (Eugenix) - Feb 20-23

@foxtrotwanderer

Thank you for the update, everything is looking good an on track, from here on you'll experience the gradual growth month on month and complete results you'll get in between 10-12 months' time. Please feel free to send us a personalized message in case of any further questions. 

Keep us updated on your progress. 

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences

Toppik is great! I’ve experimented with a few different colors and found that dark brown works for me. Yours seems like a light brown. Your growth looks incredible for month four and from what I’ve seen in my research, the growth you’re experiencing is in line with other successful HTs. I really appreciate your honesty in your posts. I too felt confident until the shed. Even though I knew it was coming, I’m still debating if there really will be much of a difference. However, when I look at the post surgery picks and see just how many grafts were implanted, I feel reassured there will be a lot of hair by month 12. I just keep looking back at those pics when I feel doubtful or paranoid and it helps me. 
I really can’t wait to see your final results! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, readyforresults said:

Toppik is great! I’ve experimented with a few different colors and found that dark brown works for me. Yours seems like a light brown. Your growth looks incredible for month four and from what I’ve seen in my research, the growth you’re experiencing is in line with other successful HTs. I really appreciate your honesty in your posts. I too felt confident until the shed. Even though I knew it was coming, I’m still debating if there really will be much of a difference. However, when I look at the post surgery picks and see just how many grafts were implanted, I feel reassured there will be a lot of hair by month 12. I just keep looking back at those pics when I feel doubtful or paranoid and it helps me. 
I really can’t wait to see your final results! 

Thanks ready! I really appreciate your feedback and response. I wish I felt as good about my growth as you do! You made me feel much better so thank you for that 🙌🏻. I hope by month 12 things will all be fine. There is nothing I can do but maintain the supplements and clinical therapy which I fully plan to. I’m really am trying to be positive.  I would love to hear more about your experience with toppik. How do you apply your toppik? Do you just sprinkle from the can or do you use the puffer and edge comb thing? Do you lock it in with the spray?  Are there any things to look out for other than rain / sweat? I’m actually looking forward to giving it a whirl! 

6 hours ago, foxtrotwanderer said:

Thanks ready! I really appreciate your feedback and response. I wish I felt as good about my growth as you do! You made me feel much better so thank you for that 🙌🏻. I hope by month 12 things will all be fine. There is nothing I can do but maintain the supplements and clinical therapy which I fully plan to. I’m really am trying to be positive.  I would love to hear more about your experience with toppik. How do you apply your toppik? Do you just sprinkle from the can or do you use the puffer and edge comb thing? Do you lock it in with the spray?  Are there any things to look out for other than rain / sweat? I’m actually looking forward to giving it a whirl! 

Oh yeah, you’re going to love what Toppik will do for you while the rest of your growth comes in! For where your growth is at now, I would advise using the spray applicator (I will attach a picture of the one to get, not the one advertised by Toppik). Fill up the canister with a few tablespoons (not much at all) and lightly compress the bulb as you spray. You will get an even distribution and a natural look. If you’re using the spray bottle, you won’t need the hairline comb (that is mostly for sprinkling right from the bottle around the hairline). I would say go very light at first and add layers as you get more confident. For your hair length, apply the Toppik to dry hair, use your hair product to style a little bit, then lock it in with hair spray. I don’t have any issue with sweat or rain (that stuff stays in when applied lightly). I just went swimming this weekend and it stayed on until I dried my head with a towel. The only hazard (oddly enough) is bumping or resting your head on something. The Toppik will smudge off leaving a mark where it touched and a gap on your scalp. Not great all around! I still think this stuff is magic but it certainly has its limitations. 
post or send me a pic. I’d love to see your reveal once it’s in! 

IMG_5350.thumb.png.1ef6b536aeae636aa2ef29fa09d76b60.png

Foxtrotwanderer, this is my first post on the site and I want to offer you some encouragement. When I compare where you are with where others in the forum were at the same point in their recovery, I think you are on track for a great result. 👍

You mentioned your SMP, which got my attention because my plan is to have SMP from a high quality provider prior to my appointment with Eugenix. I have thin strip scars that need to be hidden and I prefer not to risk trying to implant follicles into them and have them fail (which I have done before and it suuucks). SMP also allows me to transition from my current diffusely thinning longer hair look into the very close buzz cut I will have to sport immediately post-HT procedure - - which means any curiosity about it and desire to see the buzz cut will be dealt with at the time of the SMP (when it looks good) and gone by the time I actually have the HT (when it will look red and scabby for a couple of weeks and I'll have to hide it under a hat). I'm curious why you didn't just ride out the entire shedding phase with that SMP buzz cut look, then start letting your hair grow out at around the 6 month mark. That's my current plan. Is there a reason that wouldn't be a better option than living through the shedding turmoil?

Thanks.

Edited by Odysseus

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...