Dr Michalis Georgiou in Cyprus?

FITA

Hey guys,

Does anyone know much about Dr Michalis Georgiou in Cyprus? I saw a great case on another forum and his prices are very reasonable. If you’re willing to send in regular update pictures for their website it’s €1.50 a graft, with flights and accommodation included for procedures over 2000 grafts. So 2000 grafts would be €3000 in total, unless these prices are not up to date? 3000 grafts would be €4500.

Seems very reasonable price for a procedure with heavy doctor involvement. Not too much more than a Turkish hairmill…

Thoughts anyone?

B8803415-B333-4C0B-ABC6-5A1FD2F90AD0.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Never heard abt him bt hdc is a vry good option in Cyprus ..they have shown fantastic natural results ....you can ask for consultation with thm by connecting with @Doron Harati

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

10 hours ago, FITA said:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know much about Dr Michalis Georgiou in Cyprus? I saw a great case on another forum and his prices are very reasonable. If you’re willing to send in regular update pictures for their website it’s €1.50 a graft, with flights and accommodation included for procedures over 2000 grafts. So 2000 grafts would be €3000 in total, unless these prices are not up to date? 3000 grafts would be €4500.

Seems very reasonable price for a procedure with heavy doctor involvement. Not too much more than a Turkish hairmill…

Thoughts anyone?

B8803415-B333-4C0B-ABC6-5A1FD2F90AD0.jpeg

The price is indeed good enough for a doctor doing most of the procedure by himself.

Can you share the link with the great case of dr Georgiou that you saw on another forum ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Having seen a few of his cases, I've been very impressed.

- he usually a manual punch and performs the process himself (with his tech extracting).

- he performs unshaven procedures

- his team are very experienced - his lead tech has been with him for many years 

- he answers queries himself and is quick to respond and thorough 

- his results looks very good, though most are on Greek, Spanish and Cypriot forums 

- He was trained by Dr C***, and has been practising for many years 

- The team use magnification 

- He performs one procedure a day with a maximum of about 2000 grafts

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2023 at 7:31 PM, Belve said:

The price is indeed good enough for a doctor doing most of the procedure by himself.

Can you share the link with the great case of dr Georgiou that you saw on another forum ? 

Sorry, I missed this. Here is the link: https://www.hairlossexperiences.com/threads/dr-michalis-georgiou-manual-fue-1214-grafts.11803/

On 5/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

@FITA Did you speak to him in the end, and which surgeon did you ultimately choose?

No, I haven’t made contact yet. Still undecided about having a second procedure but will continue to do research.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I have gone through his website ...work looks good...and he seems to be promising guy..now need to check out real patient reviews on other forums as well...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 5 months later...
On 5/2/2023 at 1:07 PM, BaldV said:

Check the Greek forum, this doctor has many cases there, he also has some on the Spanish forum.

How can I find a link to these cases I’m seriously considering this doctor myself. Need to see as much work as possible. 

21 minutes ago, Ollie Goodwin said:

How can I find a link to these cases I’m seriously considering this doctor myself. Need to see as much work as possible. 

I'm 3 months post surgery and was very impressed with his approach and work.

While still early days for me, recovery was extremely quick and I have a fair amount of early growth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

While still early days for me, recovery was extremely quick and I have a fair amount of early growth.

How many grafts did you have? I’m estimated 3000 over two days. Did the injections hurt extremely or manageable? I heard they use smaller needles? Either way I’m very keen thanks. 

2 hours ago, Ollie Goodwin said:

How many grafts did you have? I’m estimated 3000 over two days. Did the injections hurt extremely or manageable? I heard they use smaller needles? Either way I’m very keen thanks. 

I had 2500. The anaesthetic is the worst part of any surgery, however they use small needles, operate in batches (extraction and implantation) and are very careful / mindful of any pain caused. I would say the first injection for a batch is a 4 out of 10 pain wise, and you can barely feel the 3rd injection.

Just now, Ollie Goodwin said:

3rd injection? Isn’t there like 30/40 per session? Or just when working with the whole head at once? Thanks for your help. Much appreciated 

I'm not sure it was 40 per session, but it was a lot. It was much less painful that the 'numb the entire area with big needles' approach than many use. 

But yes - first one was a mosquito bite, second one I could feel with minor pain, third one I could feel but with no pain, then I couldn't tell they were still injecting.  I do have rather thick skin on my scalp so I'm probably less bothered by it than average, but even so, it's a very patient centric and effective approach. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 6:23 AM, A_4_Archan said:

I have gone through his website ...work looks good...and he seems to be promising guy..now need to check out real patient reviews on other forums as well...

Did you find anything good?

On 10/20/2023 at 8:11 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

I'm not sure it was 40 per session, but it was a lot. It was much less painful that the 'numb the entire area with big needles' approach than many use. 

But yes - first one was a mosquito bite, second one I could feel with minor pain, third one I could feel but with no pain, then I couldn't tell they were still injecting.  I do have rather thick skin on my scalp so I'm probably less bothered by it than average, but even so, it's a very patient centric and effective approach. 

Hey again. Out of interest do you know if they accept credit card or is it cash only like most places? Thanks 

On 10/20/2023 at 12:06 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

Do you have a thread to follow the result?

On 10/27/2023 at 8:01 AM, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh i have find lots of stuff abt him and he is good...

Hey can you help me? I found lots of his work on another site I think a Greek one but can’t find the link again. I’ve seen there’s only a handful of threads on the Spanish one. I’m booked with Dr Michalis in March all going well. 

On 10/26/2023 at 5:05 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

Both, but there’s a charge for using a card.

Hello again. Sorry to bother you. I was originally planning to go with my wife and son for support however I’m put off now with them coming due to the nature of the trip/cost attached. I’ve never travelled alone before let alone had a procedure done which is big in itself. How was your experience? Smooth from pickup to hotel to clinic etc? No need to bring a partner etc? I can just chill on hotel until appointment. 

Yes, it was really easy. It's a relatively small airport so collection is simple. The hotel is very comfortable (and includes breakfast) and the drivers to/from the airport, hotel and clinic were great. 

There's a Cypriot Uber eats equivalent so I used that for meals.

Everyone speaks English so there's no problem there.

Take a good book/iPad and you'll be just fine.

I had a 2 day procedure and stayed a couple of extra days before flying back.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1

Interesting thread. Never heard of this Dr before but his works looks very good from what I can find. His old Instagram account suggests he had some involvement in a clinic in Barcelona too.

Would be great to see more real time threads on here.

Edited by ScottishGuy21