Unfortunately this is the type of FUE donor scarring that's becoming acceptable and too commonplace. I'm seeing many guys coming in with these types of concentrated FUE patterns. Many are from clinics in Turkey but several, this example included, were done in the US. The majority are also being done with robotic FUE. The client is pictured one week post 2nd session of SMP

FUEantcrown.JPG

IMG_7934 2.jpg

IMG_8082.JPG

Edited by hairthere
  • Like 3

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

12 minutes ago, hairthere said:

Unfortunately this is the type of FUE donor scarring that's becoming acceptable and too commonplace. I'm seeing many guys coming in with these types of concentrated FUE patterns. Many are from clinics in Turkey but several, this example included, were done in the US. The majority are also being done with robotic FUE. The client is pictured one week post 2nd session of SMP

FUEantcrown.JPG

IMG_7934 2.jpg

IMG_8082.JPG

good work! 👏🏻

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rome said:

good work! 👏🏻

Thank you Big Rome! But while this is another stream of revenue for me I'd rather not have it. There's absolutely no reason for guys to be getting this type of sloppy extraction work done. 

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, hairthere said:

Thank you Big Rome! But while this is another stream of revenue for me I'd rather not have it. There's absolutely no reason for guys to be getting this type of sloppy extraction work done. 

So true....sometimes it feels like fut scars are better thn this...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 hours ago, Hair4Days said:

What is this mainly a result of? Punches that were made too close to each other ? 

curious how this can be avoided 

You can avoid by using a top surgeon. The doctors recommend on this site are a good start as they have all been vetted for you. Results like this basically come down to “doctors” looking to cut corners and extract grafts quickly. This saves them time and time equals money, right? FUE is a painstaking and meticulous method. It requires patience, care and the punch sizes need to be as small as possible. None of the three were exercised with this particular client. 

Edited by hairthere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have this EXACT issue. Of course it doesn't show if I keep my hair long, but I also do like the shorter hair look. Im starting to look into getting this done.

The result of the SMP looks amazing. How much does something like this cost? Would I need to shave my head? 

11 hours ago, autechre said:

I have this EXACT issue. Of course it doesn't show if I keep my hair long, but I also do like the shorter hair look. Im starting to look into getting this done.

The result of the SMP looks amazing. How much does something like this cost? Would I need to shave my head? 

You probably need to get a bald fade in the area for them to be able to work on it

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 9:40 AM, autechre said:

Thank you. please text 201-482-4529 or email info@aheadink.com You can text or email me pictures for an assessment, course of treatment and exact price quote. I do usually require shaving donor zone with a zero guard for FUE concealment. 

Edited by hairthere

On 3/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, Silent123 said:

Damn! This is a great repair dude. Well done 🙌

Thank you kindly!

• Like 1

Hey man, how many sessions did it require to look like this? 

I bet you are seeing a large rise in repair cases. I have no idea why Turkish clinics extract so closely together and cause such obvious thinning like that. Madness !

Good job anyway dude 👏

10 hours ago, Silent123 said:

Hey man, how many sessions did it require to look like this? 

I bet you are seeing a large rise in repair cases. I have no idea why Turkish clinics extract so closely together and cause such obvious thinning like that. Madness !

Good job anyway dude 👏

FUE repair typically requires two sessions, however the second is more of a check up and fine tuning session. It's not just Turkish clinics. I'm actually seeing just as many, and even worse, FUE patterns done here in the USA. In fact, this client had his FUE done in New Jersey. 

Edited by hairthere

I think FUE leaving no visible scar is a MASSIVE misnomer. Only under the skill of a good doctor, it is mostly invisible. Under a bad doctor, it can be as visible or worse than an FUT

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

On 3/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, mavigo said:

I think FUE leaving no visible scar is a MASSIVE misnomer. Only under the skill of a good doctor, it is mostly invisible. Under a bad doctor, it can be as visible or worse than an FUT

Hey man, you're not wrong, FUE when overdone definitely look worse than a pencil thin strip scar. See some horrendous donors following over-harvesting over the years. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, jwolfe890 said:

hairthere, is smp effective enough that if someone shaved their head with a razor they could conceal the fue scars?

It depends on what the donor looks like when shaved. If there's no appearance of shaved hair then the entire zone might need to be treated.

• Like 1