Hair transplant surgons

Hello everyone,

For the last 2 months I have been looking for a surgeon to preform an hair transplant.

I am 38 years old from Israel and getting bald for the last 10 years. I recently stop using minoxidil(after 10 years) and never used  finasteride.

Attached images to show my hair.

For some reason that I dont understand some surgeons  denied me, stating that I need to take meds like finasteride before they will consider me for an hair transplant.

For example this is the list of clinics that accepted me:
Dr Ferdurini, HDC, DHI Global, Dr. Ilker Apaydin, Dr Gur(fuecapilar) and many other clinics

Those the rejected me are:
Dr Pekiner, HLC, BHR and Dr Turan(the other doctor in fuecapilar) 

All these evaluation and the difference between them make me think what's happening here. am I a good candidate for an hair transplant? how come some surgeons say I am a good candidate while others  demand I take finasteride for a few months (which I want to avoid) before they reconsider me. 

Thanks you very much guys!

WhatsAppImage2023-02-16at1_47.56PM(2).thumb.jpeg.aaba47a695d877a268a0db7aca7ae68c.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-02-16at1_47_55PM.thumb.jpeg.354433f4208e3a020804a4e2a52e0eb7.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-02-16at1_47_54PM.thumb.jpeg.b728499ed0646242df68d357cc658c8e.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-02-16at1_47_56PM.thumb.jpeg.a4f7201d04e4d83146da6d4f48fe49a2.jpeg
sWhatsAppImage2023-02-16at1_47.56PM(1).thumb.jpeg.0adace0bd9113b8f807b627d8558b232.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 1.48.30 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 1.48.07 PM.jpeg

Here is Dr Pekiner detailed answer:
You are currently around Norwood 4 class of male pattern baldness but ongoing miniaturization is clearly pushing towards 5 to 6.
A hair transplant is safe and logic to be planned only on a stable situation, otherwise you will lose more hair behind and around the transplanted one after some time.

Pharmaceuticals such as oral Finasteride (staple medication) and Minoxidil are the preferred treatments in these cases, as well as supplements integration. Obviously you will not regain a full head of hair but you will hopefully strengthen your miniaturized hairs and avoid further worsening of your androgenetic alopecia pattern.

So if you agree to start a therapy to treat AndroGenetic Alopecia, dr. Pekiner would prefer to wait 6 to 8 months of full therapy (ORAL Finasteride and Minoxidil + Biotin supplements) to see therapeutic response and then do a new evaluation. 

• Administrators

Your donor doesn’t look suitable for surgery. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My personal opinion will be that you can get the first transplant just for a conservative hair line restoration (1-2 inch) done without touching the crown. Finasteride may help stabilize the crown before you can consider the top. It seems you can also use beard graft for crown area later.

I think the doctors are worried that transplant may expedite your native hair loss on the top unless those miniaturizing follicles are reinforced with medication first.

Transplants can be tough on existing native hair.

15 minutes ago, TEXAN35 said:

My personal opinion will be that you can get the first transplant just for a conservative hair line restoration (1-2 inch) done without touching the crown. Finasteride may help stabilize the crown before you can consider the top. It seems you can also use beard graft for crown area later.

I think the doctors are worried that transplant may expedite your native hair loss on the top unless those miniaturizing follicles are reinforced with medication first.

Transplants can be tough on existing native hair.

Thank Texan, this is true and for example this is what Dr Gur plan. What so you think? Screenshot_20230218-200918.thumb.png.f5d13c68d5a30171df093f7fc394ffb6.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 5:33 PM, eladnm said:

Here is Dr Pekiner detailed answer:
You are currently around Norwood 4 class of male pattern baldness but ongoing miniaturization is clearly pushing towards 5 to 6.
A hair transplant is safe and logic to be planned only on a stable situation, otherwise you will lose more hair behind and around the transplanted one after some time.

Pharmaceuticals such as oral Finasteride (staple medication) and Minoxidil are the preferred treatments in these cases, as well as supplements integration. Obviously you will not regain a full head of hair but you will hopefully strengthen your miniaturized hairs and avoid further worsening of your androgenetic alopecia pattern.

So if you agree to start a therapy to treat AndroGenetic Alopecia, dr. Pekiner would prefer to wait 6 to 8 months of full therapy (ORAL Finasteride and Minoxidil + Biotin supplements) to see therapeutic response and then do a new evaluation. 

This is great advice don’t have a surgery your hair is not suitable at present especially without trying stabalising meds