Is there a minoxidil alternative that's not a vasodilator?

TheyLiveWeSleep

I deal with a condition called POTS. I can't tolerate any vasodilators due to fainting issues. 

Is there anything else that works like minoxidil without vasodilation?

My crown is really starting to struggle. I've been on fin for nearly 3 years and I'm still losing ground. Just looking for something else to help. Thanks.

Try to get an ADN test (trichotest from fragon : Removed to get all the medicine that will work for you... Then you will be able to select the medecine you are ok with.

It seems that minoxidil is on Prostaglandines so perhaps other prostaglandines medicine willl have same effect ?

That look like this (this is mine)

Sans-titre-1.png

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes

6 hours ago, Spring15 said:

You can't take minox & I can't take fin. What a love story lol

I get better results using both topical & oral minoxidil. Maybe you can try add topical fin? Are you using a ketoconazole shampoo as well? 

I'm not sure about the topical fin. I figured the pills would be good enough. I don't know. I'm definitely still losing ground. 

I'm not using that shampoo. I did in the past but for dandruff purposes. Then I just went back to head and shoulders. Didn't hear enough that it really would help much with hair loss. 

4 hours ago, arthurSam said:

Try to get an ADN test (trichotest from fragon : https://www.fagron.hr/en-us/trichotest™genetictest) to get all the medicine that will work for you... Then you will be able to select the medecine you are ok with.

It seems that minoxidil is on Prostaglandines so perhaps other prostaglandines medicine willl have same effect ?

That look like this (this is mine)

Sans-titre-1.png

I will check this out when I have a moment. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Spring15 said:

You can't take minox & I can't take fin. What a love story lol

I get better results using both topical & oral minoxidil. Maybe you can try add topical fin? Are you using a ketoconazole shampoo as well? 

you find that keto shampoo works? was thinking of adding it to regimen bc i cant take fin due to sides. do you think it helps?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 12345 said:

you find that keto shampoo works? was thinking of adding it to regimen bc i cant take fin due to sides. do you think it helps?

Hard to say, it helps with dandruff and just about immediately clears up my mild dermatitis

9 minutes ago, TheyLiveWeSleep said:

I've thought about it. Kind of iffy about it. I don't know. 

If you're not getting side effects from oral finasteride, then you probably won't get side effects from oral dutasteride. It's more effective too.

Why can’t anybody answer to the question for christ sake?

minox is a stimulant.There are other stimulants like prp, laser cap and prp.but they have not proven to be as efficient as minox.

I am in the same boat as well.I can not take minox due to a medical condition.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

Why can’t anybody answer to the question for christ sake?

minox is a stimulant.There are other stimulants like prp, laser cap and prp.but they have not proven to be as efficient as minox.

I am in the same boat as well.I can not take minox due to a medical condition.

Agreed, Low level laser, and PRP (From a reputable source) are the second best options for a growth stimulent if you cannot take topical minoxidil.

If you can get it, the Xyon or Farmacia Parati Topical Dutasteride have proven very low systemic absorption

Edited by BurnieBurns

16 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Agreed, Low level laser, and PRP (From a reputable source) are the second best options for a growth stimulent if you cannot take topical minoxidil.

If you can get it, the Xyon or Farmacia Parati Topical Dutasteride have proven very low systemic absorption

when were these proven to have low systemic absorption? companies will say anything they want to sell a product. Xyon is made by one of the largest HT surgery clinics in Canada Hasson and Wong. They know everyone is desperate for anti-dht meds that wont cause sides and are just taking advantage of our Hair loss mens desperation with this whole  Siloxy gel system to try and alleviate peoples fears that the crap wont go systemic. Their published research is from the company itself making their results biased and honestly just BS until proven otherwise. Id have more faith if this "magical revolutionary" formula was conducted in a clinical trial by an independent research team, but it might backfire on the company so that will never happen.

My realistic thoughts are, those who have zero side effects from oral and topical fin will probably have a better chance of having little to no side effects from topical dut from this company, but they would have to test it to see what happens to them

I expect those who have sexual sides from oral and topical fin to have side effects from this at some point taking topical dut. I know no one wants to hear that, but more than likely it will be the reality.

And I honestly wouldn't listen to any forum moderators pushing Xyon dut on this forum. Hasson and Wong is now a site sponsor and the moderators have been shilling and pushing Xyon hard on the forum most likely because they are receiving financial compensation from the company. they will deny it, but i have seen the trend. 

Best bet if you want to get some real patient testimony if this product works is to go on reddit forums where people are not being paid off the companies to push product, or at least its less obvious.

this forum is becoming a joke. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, 12345 said:

when were these proven to have low systemic absorption? companies will say anything they want to sell a product. Xyon is made by one of the largest HT surgery clinics in Canada Hasson and Wong. They know everyone is desperate for anti-dht meds that wont cause sides and are just taking advantage of our Hair loss mens desperation with this whole  Siloxy gel system to try and alleviate peoples fears that the crap wont go systemic. Their published research is from the company itself making their results biased and honestly just BS until proven otherwise. Id have more faith if this "magical revolutionary" formula was conducted in a clinical trial by an independent research team, but it might backfire on the company so that will never happen.

My realistic thoughts are, those who have zero side effects from oral and topical fin will probably have a better chance of having little to no side effects from topical dut from this company, but they would have to test it to see what happens to them

I expect those who have sexual sides from oral and topical fin to have side effects from this at some point taking topical dut. I know no one wants to hear that, but more than likely it will be the reality.

And I honestly wouldn't listen to any forum moderators pushing Xyon dut on this forum. Hasson and Wong is now a site sponsor and the moderators have been shilling and pushing Xyon hard on the forum most likely because they are receiving financial compensation from the company. they will deny it, but i have seen the trend. 

Best bet if you want to get some real patient testimony if this product works is to go on reddit forums where people are not being paid off the companies to push product, or at least its less obvious.

this forum is becoming a joke. 

First of all you pm’d me asking me for my hair loss regiment. It’s not like I pm’d you pushing something. Also, the studies that @arthurSam referenced were from their patent application. It’s not even something being promoted on their site. You can believe it, or not. No one on this forum cares. Take meds, don’t take meds. That’s up to you. If you don’t like our forum, don’t come here stay on Reddit 👋🏼 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.