HT regret

8 hours ago, cheesy1986 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. 

If I am measuring from the correct point it is around 8cm, maybe a touch under. 

This is roughly similar to my tip of nose to chin, which I think is the rule of thirds?

20230320_164310.jpg

8 is fine. Actually I think its the perfect distance for you. The only thing I would change in a perfect world would be how it hits your own hair in the sides. rather than straight I would have kept the rounding going so it looked a bit more natural. Just like you also say. However, it is not a big thing and I would not even get it corrected if it was me although it would probably not be hard to correct with just taking a few out in the sides and putting to strengthen the mid hairline or elsewhere. So all in all I think the hairline is fine.

On 3/18/2023 at 4:44 PM, cheesy1986 said:

Hi everyone. Just a quick update. It's been a tricky month for me since my procedure. I'm still having major doubts about my hairline position and shape. I'm thinking it is more the shape than the height, but it's a bit of both. 

I think it is too straight and when on the side profile it looks like it joins my temples too low, particularly on one side. There is no recession built into the hairline to join my receded temples. I think its called the frontal temporal transition. Picture 2 below.

Thoughts welcome. 

Still have quite a lot of redness too in certain lighting 

20230312_183918.jpg

20230312_183920.jpg

20230312_183917.jpg

IMG-20230312-WA0011.jpg

On a positive note. This looks longer and denser than the average 1 month results imo!

Here is an illustration of your hair lenght and density compared to other notable examples from the forum after 1 month (Etwan and Bandit). 

Also, you have virtually no redness!

HRN 1 month.png

Edited by Xanadu
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone.

Still really struggling with this. It's massively impacting my mental health, confidence, sleep etc. I really am unsure about the procedure and would desperately like to go back to beforehand. 

Reaching out for any further support as I'm in a pretty dark place at the mo

26 minutes ago, cheesy1986 said:

Hi everyone.

Still really struggling with this. It's massively impacting my mental health, confidence, sleep etc. I really am unsure about the procedure and would desperately like to go back to beforehand. 

To some degree, I can empathize how you feel. It's not worth the loss of sleep and the negative impact on your mental health. You might consider the Joe Rogan approach and just shave it. Or maybe just work with a therapist. I don't think your HT looks bad. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, cheesy1986 said:

Hi everyone.

Hi mate - remember you’re I. The very infancy of your HT. At 9 weeks, things haven’t even kicked off yet. Looking at your photos, you’re well ahead of schedule so this will be a home run result for sure. 

Also 8cm is not a low hairline at all, and it doesn’t look low at all from the photos. It’s very normal to feel this way at this stage of the game, and in 10 months time you’ll look back and laugh. 

1 minute ago, Berba11 said:

Hi mate - remember you’re I. The very infancy of your HT. At 9 weeks, things haven’t even kicked off yet. Looking at your photos, you’re well ahead of schedule so this will be a home run result for sure. 

Also 8cm is not a low hairline at all, and it doesn’t look low at all from the photos. It’s very normal to feel this way at this stage of the game, and in 10 months time you’ll look back and laugh. 

Thank you. I realise 7.5-8cm is not super low but I do have a large head so there's a lot of scalp above the hairline. Unfortunately I think the clinic did the hairline at least 0.5-1cm below my remaining few native hairs, which seems like a really odd decision when I was as extensive baldness as I am. It feels and looks all wrong to me after years of seeing myself in the mirror. 

Thanks for your reply though, I really appreciate it. I'm worried this is just heading in one direction for me and I've got a beautiful young family and life. I am really struggling to deal with it, especially every time I see a mirror or my reflection. 

I'm getting help from the doctors to cope with this but the feelings are very strong 

10 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Once it grows out it will appear much lower.

I was a NW5 so couldn’t go too aggressive either with hairline height. I 100% get your concerns but trust the process and in a few months you’ll regain that confidence.

I'm worried it is already too low (for my head shape), and yes I agree that it will appear even more so once it grows. This is my concern they have given me too aggressive a hairline already 

7 minutes ago, cheesy1986 said:

I'm worried it is already too low (for my head shape), and yes I agree that it will appear even more so once it grows. This is my concern they have given me too aggressive a hairline already 

Looking at your pics I think the position looks fine. It doesn’t look too low.

On the hairline straightness it’s still impossible to tell at this stage. You’re still in the early part of your recovery and bound to be a little sceptical about things. Once you do get some growth you’ll feel my much better about things.

Try not to stress too much. I know it’s easier said than done when every time you walk past a mirror you’re tempted to look (Been there myself!). But the added stress isn’t good for your health or your new hair. It’s good you’re getting things off your chest in here though , that’s what the community is for 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Looking at your pics I think the position looks fine. It doesn’t look too low.

On the hairline straightness it’s still impossible to tell at this stage. You’re still in the early part of your recovery and bound to be a little sceptical about things. Once you do get some growth you’ll feel my much better about things.

Try not to stress too much. I know it’s easier said than done when every time you walk past a mirror you’re tempted to look (Been there myself!). But the added stress isn’t good for your health or your new hair. It’s good you’re getting things off your chest in here though , that’s what the community is for 👍🏻

Thank you. I really appreciate that. I'm really grateful to everyone who has replied to this thread with words of encouragement and support. 

I agree, I am/have been in a real dark place the last few weeks. I really hope I can pull through and am lucky to have the support of some family and friends 

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, cheesy1986 said:

Thank you. I realise 7.5-8cm is not super low but I do have a large head so there's a lot of scalp above the hairline. Unfortunately I think the clinic did the hairline at least 0.5-1cm below my remaining few native hairs, which seems like a really odd decision when I was as extensive baldness as I am. It feels and looks all wrong to me after years of seeing myself in the mirror. 

Thanks for your reply though, I really appreciate it. I'm worried this is just heading in one direction for me and I've got a beautiful young family and life. I am really struggling to deal with it, especially every time I see a mirror or my reflection. 

I'm getting help from the doctors to cope with this but the feelings are very strong 

Because you’re at such an early stage, everything looks odd and exaggerated. The lingering redness will exaggerate the hairline in a negative way, and the sparseness means you can see the head shape through the hair. You also won’t be able to see any of the nice irregularities that will break up and soften the shape. Basically, it’s a horrible stage of the process, but one none of us get to skip. 

I have pictures that look just like yours do right now and then pictures from similar profiles 8-9 months after where the improvement is seriously drastic. That doesn’t mean I’m 100% happy with my design/shape/height either, but I’m far less bothered now than a year ago. I’m happy to send some pics privately if you think it would help. 

34 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Because you’re at such an early stage, everything looks odd and exaggerated. The lingering redness will exaggerate the hairline in a negative way, and the sparseness means you can see the head shape through the hair. You also won’t be able to see any of the nice irregularities that will break up and soften the shape. Basically, it’s a horrible stage of the process, but one none of us get to skip. 

I have pictures that look just like yours do right now and then pictures from similar profiles 8-9 months after where the improvement is seriously drastic. That doesn’t mean I’m 100% happy with my design/shape/height either, but I’m far less bothered now than a year ago. I’m happy to send some pics privately if you think it would help. 

Thanks for the tips, I agree about the lingering redness exaggerating things.

If you don't mind mate, I'd be keen to see the pics yeah. Anything at the moment to try and reassure me. 

My donor also looks very patchy after 6 weeks, I hope this is normal.

Screenshot_20230323_174936_Gallery.jpg

Edited by cheesy1986
Change pictures

On 3/23/2023 at 11:58 AM, cheesy1986 said:

Thank you. I really appreciate that. I'm really grateful to everyone who has replied to this thread with words of encouragement and support. 

I agree, I am/have been in a real dark place the last few weeks. I really hope I can pull through and am lucky to have the support of some family and friends 

Of course you'll pull through.

You'll finally have a properly framed hairline with enough hair to style without having to resort to a combover.

In the grand scheme of things, a few months of having weird hair is nothing and when you look back you'll realize how insignificant this period will be (once it has passed).

• Like 2

Dude I had this buyers remorse too post my HT a little bit. In my case I thought i should have been more aggressive with my hairlinr (7cm vs 7.5cm i went with).

it will all calm down 4-6 weeks from HT. Your works seems great and as many have said… no reason to worry and enjoy the journey!!

Edited by aaalan
  • Like 1

If I were you, I'd probably consider the hairline you received to be a compromise settled for due to insufficient donor. I'd have ideally wanted something 1.5 centimetres lower and significantly closed in, more aggressive temple points and frontotemporal junction closure.

In other words, what I'm saying is I'd be VERY surprised if your hairline looks unnaturally low, aggressive or draws attention. It seems like smart planning and careful use of grafts to me. 

I can't tell for sure without seeing the rest of your head, but you have a lot going for you. Don't be so worried. 

On 2/15/2023 at 6:54 PM, ostein said:

I have had moments of regret too, especially during the first 2 weeks after the transplant. I got very depressed during this time, but it went away so hang in there.  I have had two HT's. First was a FUT and the second was FUE. The thing I get most depressed about is my FUT scar. At least you don't have that. Overall, I am more happy than regretful with regards to getting the HT's. 

Same for me. I went to a local doctor for an FUT and that is my biggest regret. I than had a second FUE from a recommended doctor from this forum. I didn't know that the vast majority of HT doctors are not good. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

20 hours ago, mavigo said:

Same for me. I went to a local doctor for an FUT and that is my biggest regret. I than had a second FUE from a recommended doctor from this forum. I didn't know that the vast majority of HT doctors are not good. 

I've been lurking here for the past few weeks and I found your answer quite interesting... when you say the vast majority of HT doctors are not good that's quite concerning... would you be able to back up your statement with some numbers?

I almost went in a surgery not too long ago in a big well known Turkish clinic and I left when I saw all the red flags waving at me... RF that I blindly ignored... I'm not totally ready to share this crazy story, but I'm still trying to make my mind around this thing... would you say that 50% - 80% of HT doctors are mediocre to bad and where would you say they are a not good? Europe? North America? Asia? or is it global, because that's a big industry.

This looks more and more like a Russian roulette unless you have Tom Cruise's and Johnny Depp budget + connections he...

• Valued Contributor
30 minutes ago, Marcus Miller said:

I've been lurking here for the past few weeks and I found your answer quite interesting... when you say the vast majority of HT doctors are not good that's quite concerning... would you be able to back up your statement with some numbers?

I almost went in a surgery not too long ago in a big well known Turkish clinic and I left when I saw all the red flags waving at me... RF that I blindly ignored... I'm not totally ready to share this crazy story, but I'm still trying to make my mind around this thing... would you say that 50% - 80% of HT doctors are mediocre to bad and where would you say they are a not good? Europe? North America? Asia? or is it global, because that's a big industry.

This looks more and more like a Russian roulette unless you have Tom Cruise's and Johnny Depp budget + connections he...

It’s not Russian Roulette if you do your research and you don’t need special contacts or a bulging bank balance to get a good HT from a good doctor. 

But there are certainly more bad clinics than good worldwide. The vast majority in Turkey or the UK, for instance, are not great at all (and some are downright awful). 

PS, if you’ve had a bad experience at a clinic then you should certainly share - you might save someone who has a booking with them the heartache should they chance upon this. 

• Like 2