Favorite Hairlines

Rob Lowe is a good example of heavy Fin usage. He looks incredibly feminized to me now though. In his TV show 9-1-1 Lonestar, he did an episode where he said he gets Fin injected into his scalp every 6 weeks (mesotherapy), applied topically twice daily, and takes it orally. I also feel like he still had some HT work as well. 

image.jpeg.0e374ab8c75fdfaad76b58c274068ef4.jpeg

Jan 2023

Edited by sunsurfhair

4 minutes ago, sunsurfhair said:

Rob Lowe is a good example of heavy Fin usage. He looks incredibly feminized to me now though. In his TV show 9-1-1 Lonestar, he did an episode where he said he gets Fin injected into his scalp every 6 weeks (mesotherapy), applied topically twice daily, and takes it orally. I also feel like he still had some HT work as well. 

Jan 2023

why not. try to look the best you can !!! he looks very young for his age.

22 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Also, speaking of hairlines, I'm very happy with my own hairline atm:
The new height/width really compliment my face.  Very hard to tell it was a transplant as well, considering graft count.

image.png.0df8a37442b55d593be4edb64909c64f.png

As for a perfectly aesthetic hairline, something like this i find most aesthetic:

image.png.1666dade7f15f0649c8782092cfaae92.png

As for real life people, hard to beat Brad Pitt when he was young:

image.png.db6bbb5d5a2855db2ebbee22e943d9fc.png

Something like this is also very solid:
image.png.5694aae48f7d44b36af8983b5ddb16af.png

But hairline perfection also depends on the person's face, the person's forehead shape, and other factors.  There's no 1 size fits all.

Amazing hairline you got my friend, congrats what a great job by your Doc, one of the best i seen

What medication are you on?

Duta, Fin?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hairagainn said:

How can increased testosterone feminize? 

You can get an increase in Estrogen as well as a slight bump in Total T for some men because when DHT is blocked from conversion, it will backslide into more T and aromatize into more Estrogen. Thats how / why some men develop gynocomastia (breast tissue) and other estrogenic side effects. Rare of course but that’s the reason. 

6 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

You can get an increase in Estrogen as well as a slight bump in Total T for some men because when DHT is blocked from conversion, it will backslide into more T and aromatize into more Estrogen. Thats how / why some men develop gynocomastia (breast tissue) and other estrogenic side effects. Rare of course but that’s the reason. 

Could men develop higher pitched voices too due to the estrogen?

51 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Could men develop higher pitched voices too due to the estrogen?

That’s a good question I haven’t heard of that but who knows? Sounds rather unlikely though. These are the most common symptoms of high estrogen in men (regardless of Fin or Dut) —

• Extra water retention or unexplained puffiness.
  • Extreme fatigue or tiredness for days at a time.
  • Stubborn belly fat that you can’t get rid of.
  • Issues with getting and maintaining an erection.
  • Low libido.
  • Mood swings and emotional outbursts.
  • Loss of lean muscle mass or tone, despite working out.
  • Gynecomastia or sudden, excess fat in the tissue around the breast.
  • Depression.
Edited by sunsurfhair
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

Jan 2023

He’s had a HT in my opinion, he’s obsessed with his hair. 

• Like 1
  • Face Palm 1

9 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

That’s a good question I haven’t heard of that but who knows? Sounds rather unlikely though. These are the most common symptoms of high estrogen in men (regardless of Fin or Dut) —

• Extra water retention or unexplained puffiness.
  • Extreme fatigue or tiredness for days at a time.
  • Stubborn belly fat that you can’t get rid of.
  • Issues with getting and maintaining an erection.
  • Low libido.
  • Mood swings and emotional outbursts.
  • Loss of lean muscle mass or tone, despite working out.
  • Gynecomastia or sudden, excess fat in the tissue around the breast.
  • Depression.

Interesting. I’ve wondered for awhile if finasteride had any reports of feminizing a voice but I haven’t heard of it

4 hours ago, Hairagainn said:

This doesn’t make sense. Teens have high T and people who inject testosterone for performance don’t get feminized but the opposite happens. 

Makes total sense - they aren’t blocking DHT bro with an oral 5AR inhibitor. DHT is 5x more anabolic then regular T. 

5 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Interesting. I’ve wondered for awhile if finasteride had any reports of feminizing a voice but I haven’t heard of it

wait, can your voice feminize?  I'm aware it can get more masculine.  Don't think it can go backwards though, can it?

Check out my journey here:

2 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

wait, can your voice feminize?  I'm aware it can get more masculine.  Don't think it can go backwards though, can it?

I have no clue. I know to masculinization it people will take test. I didn’t know if blocking DHT and it going more estrogen route could revert your voice a little higher?

6 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

I have no clue. I know to masculinization it people will take test. I didn’t know if blocking DHT and it going more estrogen route could revert your voice a little higher?

i dont think its that easy. think of male to female transgenders. i talked to one once and the voice was really telling. and those people talk way more then just finasterid. 

the voice is determined by the larynx and that organ would have to shrink again which is not possible with medication afaik

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i dont think its that easy. think of male to female transgenders. i talked to one once and the voice was really telling. and those people talk way more then just finasterid. 

the voice is determined by the larynx and that organ would have to shrink again which is not possible with medication afaik

Thank you for your input. I 100% agree. I was just curious what if any effect fin may have on the voice but it was more hypothetical than anything. 

1 minute ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Thank you for your input. I 100% agree. I was just curious what if any effect fin may have on the voice but it was more hypothetical than anything. 

i could imagine finasterid in puberty could maybe have an effect on voice though but after this i cant imagine (you could research if people born without 5 alpha reductase have high or deep voices in adulthood…they are called güevedoce

another examples would be enuchs. in europe there was a time where they castrated little boys in order to keep their voice high. they had to do it before puberty before larynx started to grow. once pubery kicked in it would have been too late bc the larynx wouldnt shrink even after castration

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato

• Like 1

Just now, mr_peanutbutter said:

i could imagine finasterid in puberty could maybe have an effect on voice though but after this i cant imagine (you could research if people born without 5 alpha reductase have high or deep voices in adulthood…they are called güevedoce

another examples would be enuchs. in europe there was a time where they castrated little boys in order to keep their voice high. they had to do it before puberty before larynx started to grow. once pubery kicked in it would have been too late bc the larynx wouldnt shrink even after castration

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato

Very interesting. Thank you for the history and the new cases to research. I assume that’s why voice feminization is usually surgery based since no known drug could gain higher pitch compared to dht or test helping with lower pitch 

3 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Very interesting. Thank you for the history and the new cases to research. I assume that’s why voice feminization is usually surgery based since no known drug could gain higher pitch compared to dht or test helping with lower pitch 

Just did a quick search on it for transgenders and the two or combination of options are surgery and vocal retraining for feminization. So no, I don’t believe a medicine could do that. But people who transition use very powerful androgen blockers in order to transition (or visa versa). 

What are commonly used medications for transition?

In transgender men, or trans masculine people (FTM), the most common medication used for transition is testosterone.  Administration of testosterone (via transdermal, intramuscular, subcutaneous, or oral routes) lowers serum estradiol levels, raises serum testosterone levels, and results in the development of typical male secondary sex characteristics. Irreversible changes include: deepening of the voice, increase in facial and body hair growth, clitoral enlargement (clitoromegaly), and thickened facial bone structure.  Reversible changes include amenorrhea, male-pattern fat distribution, increased muscle mass, vaginal atrophy, and male-pattern baldness.  Some trans men also describe changes in emotions (e.g., inability to cry, increased anger) as well as increased libido.  Adverse effects can include elevations in blood pressure, polycythemia, worsening of lipid profile, elevations in glucose, elevations in transaminases, acne, and effects on fertility (although testosterone is not an effective contraceptive as it does not interrupt ovulation, so pregnancy can still occur).

Finasteride can also be used to prevent male-pattern baldness in transgender men, as it only blocks dihydrotestosterone (DHT), not testosterone itself; however this will likely slow or decrease secondary hair growth, and may slow or decrease clitoromegaly as well.

In transgender women or trans feminine people (MTF), the most commonly used medications are estrogens and anti-androgens. Administration of estrogen (via oral, sublingual, transdermal, intramuscular, or subcutaneous routes) lower serum testosterone levels, raises serum estradiol levels, and results in the development of typical female secondary sex characteristics including: breast growth, softer skin, decreased muscle mass, and female-pattern fat distribution.  These effects are largely reversible. Estrogen can also cause testicular and penile atrophy (ultimately resulting in potential erectile dysfunction and infertility). Some trans women also describe changes in emotions (e.g., more tearful) as well as decreased libido.  Adverse effects can include increased risk for thrombosis, elevations in blood pressure, elevations in prolactin (rarely including development of a prolactinoma), migraines, elevations in transaminases and effects on fertility (although estrogen is not an effective contraceptive).  Estrogens will NOT heighten voice pitch, decrease facial hair, change facial bone structure, or reverse male-pattern baldness.  Other methodologies would need to be employed (e.g., voice training, electrolysis or laser hair removal, facial feminization surgery, hair restoration, etc).

Anti-androgens (i.e. spironolactone, bicalutamide, flutamide, finasteride) are also commonly used in trans women who have not had an orchiectomy.  These medications block the effects of testosterone, resulting in decreased erectile function and allowing estrogen to develop typical female secondary sex characteristics. Finasteride, however, specifically targets dihydrotestosterone (DHT), not testosterone, so it is not as effective at lowering total testosterone levels.

GnRH Agonists (i.e. Lupron) could also be used instead of Anti-Androgens to block endogenous testosterone production. Lupron is typically given intramuscularly every couple months and is very effective at blocking total testosterone levels.  However, it can be difficult to obtain insurance coverage for it, and is otherwise fairly expensive out of pocket.

Progesterones activate the androgen receptors slightly, so may be used to improve libido and mood. in some cases, it may be indicated to maximize breast growth, though this is likely happening via weight gain. Of note, some studies show a possible increased risk for VTE, cardiovascular disease and/or breast cancer with use.

Not all transgender patients will want to take medications for gender transition and the risks, benefits and alternatives should be discussed with each individual along with their personal goals for transition to determine the right course.

• Thanks 1