Still can’t decide on clinic

I am planning to do HT but can’t seem to decide on a doctor, i read good reviews then there is bad ones.. My budget is 5-6k, I have reached out to Bicer, she’s booked for one year, Dr Gur wants me on Fin and Min for one year then re-evaluate. I reached out to many more clinics and yet can’t decide.

I need aprox 4-4.5k grafs 27 male

• Valued Contributor
9 minutes ago, supremegod said:

I am planning to do HT but can’t seem to decide on a doctor, i read good reviews then there is bad ones.. My budget is 5-6k, I have reached out to Bicer, she’s booked for one year, Dr Gur wants me on Fin and Min for one year then re-evaluate. I reached out to many more clinics and yet can’t decide.

Dr bicer and dr gur both are good and worth waiting for ...thr are many other good surgeons who charge reasonable price and producing good results as well

Plz post you scalp pics so can evryone can evaluate your current condition and give u suggestions accordingly.. 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

That's a lot of grafts at your age. Do your due diligence and spend a lot of time researching clinics, understanding the hair transplant process and medication for hairloss if you havent already. I don't advise rushing into anything. Your donor hair is a finite resource, don't waste it.

Edited by Viney

@supremegod,

When you say that you “still haven’t decided on a doctor“, how long have you been researching?  Admittedly, the process can and does take time to select the best surgeon for you. Now if you’ve been looking for years and still haven’t decided then you’re most likely doing something wrong or not looking hard enough. The truth is, even the best doctors have cases that exist of less than optimal results for one reason or another.  The truth is, every surgical procedure comes with the potential of risks even if they are minimal.  That’s why every clinic will have you sign them out in the paperwork prior to undergoing surgery which counts as informed consent but… Let’s face it, how often do we take the time to read all the fine print? The one-liners we should know the pros and cons and advantages in potential risks before we go into the doctor on the day of surgery. If we are learning something new from the paperwork then we are not ready.

I seem to present the same thing a lot but it contains good advice so I will post it again. It contains information on how to select a quality doctor and the best surgeon for you.

—-

Rahal Hair Transplant

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

3 hours ago, supremegod said:

Can you upload pics of your self? 

Before you do a hair transplant it’s better to start finasteride like dr Gur said to you. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

If a doctor is booked out for one year or wants you to hold off for one year then that is telling you something. They must be booked out for a reason. Don't feel that you have to be in a rush (though the mind will be bombarding you with this message). This is surgery that will change you permanently for life. Every morning you get up and look in the mirror you will see the results of this decision. It's your choice but medication is always the first step for anyone experiencing MPB. All the best!

Since you need quite a lot of grafts what about Pitella? He does a lot of high graft cases and gets good results and from what I know the prices are very reasonable (not totally sure what he charges though.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

Yeh u ofcourse need around 5k grafts as You are a high grade baldness patient and u have a big head....frm ur pics even ur donor is looking thinned out....and moreover u dnt wnt to take medicines and u r jst 27...considering all ths thngs i would say just take your decision wisely and puting lots of thought ...and why u narrowed down you search for doctor to turkey only ..thr are other good option which are better whn it comes to high grade baldness ...

--> My Thread

5 hours ago, Archan said:

Yeh u ofcourse need around 5k grafts as You are a high grade baldness patient and u have a big head....frm ur pics even ur donor is looking thinned out....and moreover u dnt wnt to take medicines and u r jst 27...considering all ths thngs i would say just take your decision wisely and puting lots of thought ...and why u narrowed down you search for doctor to turkey only ..thr are other good option which are better whn it comes to high grade baldness ...

that’s just be with 3 weeks of no haircut i usually fade my hair. 

I just find it closest and my friends had good experience in turkey.. also budget.. i don’t want to fly out to india 24 hr flight.. also i’m trying to get it done by next month 

• Valued Contributor
57 minutes ago, supremegod said:

that’s just be with 3 weeks of no haircut i usually fade my hair. 

I just find it closest and my friends had good experience in turkey.. also budget.. i don’t want to fly out to india 24 hr flight.. also i’m trying to get it done by next month 

Dont rush out in ths things.... travelling will compensate for a better chance of a positive outcome ...if you are on a budget thn you should check out Dr nader , dr Camacho and Dr das(eugnix)....imo ths all have better results and are also reasonably priced..

Still if u wanna stick to turkey thn dr turan and dr gur, dr. pekiner , dr yaman,dr bicer(but you will have to wait for an year for her) are better options 

--> My Thread

Can you share sides head and beard donor pictures?

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

6 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

Can you share sides head and beard donor pictures?

Bicer is fully booked, Yaman is available for me.

Dr Gur & HLC said take Fin and Min for a year then re evaluate.

i attached photos thank you everyone ❤️ 

79FF7BEE-309A-469D-9281-4EBD445B2DDB.jpeg

308B7568-8002-4529-B05D-359B16423735.jpeg

I tend to agree with the clinics diagnosis, I mean it's big chance if you'll be happy, there's a lot to area to cover and the result can be with average to low density, some candidates can be happy with these results and some not.

The orher question is if the donor area won't be effected from DHT in the future, sometimes a candidate like in your case can be happy with the final result, but after 3-5 years some of the transplanted hair may fall.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

8 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

I tend to agree with the clinics diagnosis, I mean it's big chance if you'll be happy, there's a lot to area to cover and the result can be with average to low density, some candidates can be happy with these results and some not.

The orher question is if the donor area won't be effected from DHT in the future, sometimes a candidate like in your case can be happy with the final result, but after 3-5 years some of the transplanted hair may fall.

When i spoke with Dr bicer she said this

“Bicer generally does not suggest Finastered (tablet). If she recommends a medicine, she wants to check her patients periodically (also by blood works).  Because it is a medicine and it has side effects.“ She recommends other medicines and vitamins which i’m okay with that won’t have a long term side affects

I had side effects from Propecia so I use the topical formula without any issues over a year.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
On 2/9/2023 at 7:28 AM, supremegod said:

At 27 and being a Norwood 6 and a very likely Norwood 7 in the future you will need more grafts than this depending on your goals. Are you looking for full coverage, leaving the crown alone, etc?

34 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

At 27 and being a Norwood 6 and a very likely Norwood 7 in the future you will need more grafts than this depending on your goals. Are you looking for full coverage, leaving the crown alone, etc?

I’m just looking for full coverage, as i’m always on stage i’m trying to have normal looking hair

Yaman wants to do 6000 grafs but not all from the back of my head.