In with Dr.Bisanga next week

Neily_77

2 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

Your hair looks fantastic as it is, but you’ve got to be happy with yourself, not what others think. Good luck with it, although you won’t need it with using Dr Bisanga. You definitely don’t look 45 though. Are you bathing in virgin’s blood as well as taking hair medication? 😂

I promise you just the medication lol. Made me laugh a bit that did 🤣👍

• Haha 1

So you are on medication.In that case your situation is not really exceptional, you could be a NW3 without the medication who knows.since you are a good candidate I would say go ahead and have your surgey.Your hair is obviously still good but you do not seem to realize that

• Confused 1
  • Face Palm 1

11 hours ago, Mike10 said:

So you are on medication.In that case your situation is not really exceptional, you could be a NW3 without the medication who knows.since you are a good candidate I would say go ahead and have your surgey.Your hair is obviously still good but you do not seem to realize that

Not really sure who or if anyone said my situation was exceptional. I also do  realise my hair is still good but my hairline isnt as good as id like it and doesnt allow me to wear it short without it being obvious hence the reason im acting on it now👍

Edited by Neily_77

2 hours ago, Neily_77 said:

Not really sure who or if anyone said my situation was exceptional. I also do  realise my hair is still good but my hairline isnt as good as id like it and doesnt allow me to wear it short without it being obvious hence the reason im acting on it now👍

I meant your hair man. NW2 at 45, you have exceptionally good hair genes. But you do rely on medication, so we do not know your "true" status. Without medication could be NW3. How short? You mean very short? Can you really wear your hair very short after HT? , maybe others can clarify this. I was under the impression that since HT were an illusion, hair should be a bit longer

Edited by Mike10

On 2/8/2023 at 7:45 PM, Mike10 said:

I meant your hair man. NW2 at 45, you have exceptionally good hair genes. But you do rely on medication, so we do not know your "true" status. Without medication could be NW3. How short? You mean very short? Can you really wear your hair very short after HT? , maybe others can clarify this. I was under the impression that since HT were an illusion, hair should be a bit longer

Sorry im with you now mike. My brother is in a similar position to me at 36 with no meds. When i started propecia i had no issues other than the hairline but i do think it has strengthened and thickened what i have a touch on top. I dont seem to be in much worse a position than when i consulted with Dr. Bisanga some years back luckily other than my hairline has gone a touch more but more so on the right side. Maybe genes maybe meds who knows

Edited by Neily_77

Well the time has finally arrived. Ill add to this thread soon documenting the full journey including before and after pics as well as updates. Arrived in brussels this morning. 1st word of warning is DO NOT stay at the value stay. Location is great. You could literally throw a stone and hit Dr. Bisanga on the head its that close but my god its soooo rough. It wouldnt be a value stay if they let you stay there free. At my pre op consultation Dr. Bisanga suggested the cotè vert and got me a good deal on 2 nights there to see me through. Great hotel and worth the money. Thanks Doc and thanks for making me feel comfortable in the office along with Dr. Kostis and other staff members. I was feeling tad nervous but all the staff were so nice that all the nerves just flitted away. Pictures took, hairline designed, density and donor measured. Listened to my questions and took on board what i wanted which was a little too much but gave me solid advice as to why it needed to be a little more conservative and gave me a small compromise. Completely happy with his design and i have complete trust in him and the team. A suggested 1200 or so grafts will be relocated in the morning to my hairline by one of the greats of this industry. Feel grateful and lucky hes working my case. Time to get it done. Keep you all posted 👍

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Neily_77 said:

Well the time has finally arrived. Ill add to this thread soon documenting the full journey including before and after pics as well as updates. Arrived in brussels this morning. 1st word of warning is DO NOT stay at the value stay. Location is great. You could literally throw a stone and hit Dr. Bisanga on the head its that close but my god its soooo rough. It wouldnt be a value stay if they let you stay there free. At my pre op consultation Dr. Bisanga suggested the cotè vert and got me a good deal on 2 nights there to see me through. Great hotel and worth the money. Thanks Doc and thanks for making me feel comfortable in the office along with Dr. Kostis and other staff members. I was feeling tad nervous but all the staff were so nice that all the nerves just flitted away. Pictures took, hairline designed, density and donor measured. Listened to my questions and took on board what i wanted which was a little too much but gave me solid advice as to why it needed to be a little more conservative and gave me a small compromise. Completely happy with his design and i have complete trust in him and the team. A suggested 1200 or so grafts will be relocated in the morning to my hairline by one of the greats of this industry. Feel grateful and lucky hes working my case. Time to get it done. Keep you all posted 👍

good luck! 👊🏼

• Like 1

• Administrators

Will be following closely, I love that Dr. Bisanga is a straight shooter. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Well its done. I arrived at BHR clinic yesterday morning at 9.30 and was greeted by a lovely lady on front desk who gave me the relevant consent forms to fill in. A small wait while everyone went about getting everything set up for the day then a gentleman walked to me and welcomed me with a handshake whom i then followed into the procedure room. Quick change into some crocs and an operation gown and then i was in the chair for my haircut. Gotta say though this wasnt as good as my usual barber trim but it was free so i had no grounds to complain 🤣 I was then given an antibiotic and a valium tab then the next bit ill be honest was not nice....the dreaded anesthetic😖 Little pinchy pinch he said but i can honestly say it was no little pinchy pinch lol. They affect all of us differently but felt this one well. My pain tolerance is usually very good but i did have to bite down hard for this. Anyway that done and the star man enters the room. Asks me how i feel which was good with no nerves as i knew i was in great hands and he gets to work. The vast majority (1200 of 1489) of the extractions and all of the incisions were done by Dr. Bisanga. Punching was done with a micro motor. I may be wrong but i think i heard it was a 0.8 in size. Dead strange sensation but zero pain. Same with the incisions. We had a small break for lunch between punching/recipient sites and placement. Beef and noodles with a chocolate cake went down well then it was back in the chair for implanting. The plan was 1200 grafts but come the end of the procedure we went with an extra 289 grafts exctracted by Dr. Kostis as Dr. Bisanga was otherwise engaged. All grafts were implanted by the technicians.

The breakdown was

1Fu 350 grafts

2Fu 564 grafts

3Fu 454 grafts

4Fu 121 grafts

Total 1489 Fu

Started approx 10.15am

Finshed approx 17.30pm

Not a bad nights sleep considering im up right. No bloody pillow. My numb head has now gone and pain is tolerable with out tabs which i have if i need. No donor pain btw. Just recipient pain that i think is down to the swelling. Great experience with a great Doctor and his great team. Looking forward to recovering, growing and updating you fine folk along the way. Thanks again Dr. Bisanga and team BHR. Few pics of me waiting, how it was styled, how it really is when i dont hide the recession and how it looks now work has been done. Oh also my BHR bag with all the meds i need. Post op appiontment was at was at 11.30am today where a clean up was done, aftercare discussed and any questions answered. Now on eurostar on the way back to London. Keep you all posted 👍

Ps. Donor pics to follow shortly

Screenshot_20230216_054500_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230207_081923.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-081055_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-081117_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_054836_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_054810_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_054345_Gallery.jpg

20230215_174914.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_054413_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Neily_77
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Neily_77 said:

Well its done. I arrived at BHR clinic yesterday morning at 9.30 and was greeted by a lovely lady on front desk who gave me the relevant consent forms to fill in. A small wait while everyone went about getting everything set up for the day then a gentleman walked to me and welcomed me with a handshake whom i then followed into the procedure room. Quick change into some crocs and an operation gown and then i was in the chair for my haircut. Gotta say though this wasnt as good as my usual barber trim but it was free so i had no grounds to complain 🤣 I was then given an antibiotic and a valium tab then the next bit ill be honest was not nice....the dreaded anesthetic😖 Little pinchy pinch he said but i can honestly say it was no little pinchy pinch lol. They affect all of us differently but felt this one well. My pain tolerance is usually very good but i did have to bite down hard for this. Anyway that done and the star man enters the room. Asks me how i feel which was good with no nerves as i knew i was in great hands and he gets to work. The whole procedure was done by Dr. Bisanga. Punching was done with a micro motor. I may be wrong but i think i heard it was a 0.8 in size. Dead strange sensation but zero pain. Same with the incisions. We had a small break for lunch between punching/recipient sites and placement. Beef and noodles with a chocolate cake went down well then it was back in the chair for implanting. The plan was 1200 grafts but come the end we went with an extra 289 grats exctracted by Dr. Kostis. All grafts were implanted by the technicians.

The breakdown was

1Fu 350 grafts

2Fu 164 grafts

3Fu 454 grafts

4Fu 121 grafts

Total 1489 Fu

Started approx 10.15am

Finshed approx 17.30pm

Not a bad nights sleep considering im up right. No bloody pillow. My numb head has now gone and pain is tolerable with out tabs which i have if i need. No donor pain btw. Just recipient pain thich i think is down to the swelling. Great experience with a great Doctor and his great team. Looking forward to recovering, growing and updating you fine folk along the way. Thanks again Dr. Bisanga and team BHR. Few pics of me nervously waiting, how it was styled, how it really is when i dont hide the recession and how it looks now work has been done. Oh also my complimentary BHR goody bag. Post op at 10am then home. Keep you all posted 👍

Ps. Donor pics to follow shortly

Screenshot_20230216_054500_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230207_081923.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-081055_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-081117_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_054836_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_054810_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_054345_Gallery.jpg

20230215_174914.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_054413_Gallery.jpg

Brilliant write up 🤣👏🏻 happy growing 🎉

• Like 1

Looks good, should turn out great however a bit contradicting in your write up

"The whole procedure was done by Dr. Bisanga"

"grats exctracted by Dr. Kostis. All grafts were implanted by the technicians."

Which one is it? Also the graft breakdown doesn't add up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spring15 said:

Looks good, should turn out great however a bit contradicting in your write up

"The whole procedure was done by Dr. Bisanga"

"grats exctracted by Dr. Kostis. All grafts were implanted by the technicians."

Which one is it? Also the graft breakdown doesn't add up

Amended the grafts. Apologies just a typo on my part. Dr. Bisanga doesnt take on the job of implanting. He has trained technicians that complete that part in every case as far as im aware although if im wrong please correct me. Also Dr. Kostis just did the 289 punches right at the end as Dr. Bisanga was doing someting else. Im sure if he wernt otherwise engaged he would of done those too. The extra 289 was a decision made at the end of the planned procedure. Ameded also. Sorry for any confusion caused 🙏

Edited by Neily_77
  • Like 1

Day 2 post op with donor pics. Not sure how good its looking but said the wife its very hard to see what and where the extractions have been done. Also this is the shortest it will ever be as i usually have a grade 0.5 to 1 on the sides. She did also say my haircut is awful but hey ho it will grow 🤣 Luckily my hair grows thick and fast so hopefully be a bit more presentable soon when the sides grow back in. Still a bit of numbness behind recipient area. Sensation seems to be back elsewhere. No pain as such and a bit of swelling in my forehead but not to bad. Any thoughts on the donor from any of you guys that have walked this path as this is all new to me. Thanks guys

20230217_094001.jpg

20230217_094120.jpg

20230217_094159.jpg

20230217_094248.jpg

Edited by Neily_77