Trying to choose a clinic in Turkey.

Hi all!
First of all, I would like to thank everyone on this forum. This is a treasure for me.
And I need your advice.
So, I'm 54 years old. I started losing my hair more than 20 years ago. Now I look like the picture.
And so I decided to have a hair transplant.
At first, my plans were to go to Dr. Colak (Ayhan Colak). He was quite famous. I sent him an advance payment of 800 euros. And after a while I received a message that the doctor no longer performs operations. Naturally, no one returned my deposit. They threw me. I survived this loss and began to study the forum with renewed vigor.
Thanks to the forum, I refused the services of "hair mills".
So, I come to the most interesting.
I have chosen the following doctors.
Dr. Resul Yaman
HLC
PEKINER
KESER
BICER
DEMIRSOY
D.R. TURAN/GUR (FUE CAPILAR)

From what I understand, there are no negative reviews.
So what did they answer me.
Dr. Resul Yaman:
".....Dr. Resul Yaman recommends for your operation about;
  4500grafts. Your donor area looks good. Package: DHI with Yaman Implanter for 3250$
In the operation there are 3 major steps of the surgery which are incisions step, extraction step and implantation step. Incision step is the first step of the operation and it's performed with sapphiere blade by Dr. Yaman. I also confirm that your consultation, hair analysis, hairline design, local anesthesia and incision steps are completed by Dr. Yaman himself too.
Extraction is performed with low speed modified micro motor by our extraction experts that have been trained by Dr. Yaman personally. They perform only extraction step of the operation.
  DHI with Yaman implanter; implantation is performed by the implantation team with Yaman Implanter. Dr. Yaman worked on developing Yaman Implanter for 5 years and 2 years ago he took his patent. Since than we have been using Yaman Implanter for implantation step. Our implantation team members have been educated and trained personally by Dr. Yaman himself only to use Yaman Implanter...."

In this case, I was confused by the use of a micromotor. And the fact that the doctor (nevertheless) does not do the complete transplantation himself.

HLC. 3500-4000 grafts * 3.5 euro= 9650-11000€  In this case, I did not like the consultant. He did not give complete information. 

PEKINER he surprised me. "...

Dr. Pekiner analyzed your case and thinks your current situation is not ideal for a FUE hair transplantation. He noticed that you have diffused thinning on all the androgenetic areas (front mid scalp and crown). You are currently around Norwood 4 class of male pattern baldness but ongoing miniaturization is clearly pushing towards 5 to 6. A hair transplant is safe and logic to be planned only on a stable situation, otherwise you will lose more hair behind and around the transplanted one after some time. Pharmaceuticals such as oral Finasteride (staple medication) and Minoxidil are the preferred treatments in these cases, as well as supplements integration. Obviously you will not regain a full head of hair but you will hopefully strengthen your miniaturized hairs and avoid further worsening of your androgenetic alopecia pattern...."

I will continue in the second post. I apologize if this was a long text.

Снимок экрана 2023-02-05 в 16.34.05.png

Снимок экрана 2023-02-05 в 16.34.28.png

Снимок экрана 2023-02-05 в 16.35.18.png

Снимок экрана 2023-02-05 в 16.36.05.png

Снимок экрана 2023-02-05 в 16.37.51.png

• Like 1

KESER- maximum 2000 grafts. 3.5 euro/piece No more than 500 pieces per day. This did not suit me. 4 days for transplant...

BICER Everything is simple here.
Our price is 1 graft is 2.5€. Your 3500 (+-200) grafts operation price will be 8750 €. BUT! She has no appointment for the next 2 months.

DEMIRSOY  "...Dr.Demirsoy evaluate your hair loss and told that if the donor area will allow there must be transplanted 3500-3800 grafts to the front and top area . The first and second step of the surgery ( extraction and open the incisions ) will be done by Dr.Demirsoy himself. The last step to place the grafts inside the channels will be done by our nurses. Dr Demirsoy is making always one surgery a day.The surgery will be done in one day.The next day will be the follow Up (head wash,detailed explanation about the post op care). 1 graft costs 1.5 euro..."

I was embarrassed that the doctor would use a micromotor. But! Huge plus. The doctor does all the manipulations himself.

And the clinic performs one operation per day.

Well, now the question. I liked the doctor's DEMIRSOY suggestion.
But I am ready to listen to any criticism.
Thanks for reading.

What about Dr. Gur... I almost went with him but ended up going to Dr. Das with Eugenix., of whom I'd recommend. But Dr. Gur certainly impressed me.

The other question is I wonder how the recent events in Turkey might affect the clinics, I'm seeing much devastation from the earthquakes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gook said:

KESER- maximum 2000 grafts. 3.5 euro/piece No more than 500 pieces per day. This did not suit me. 4 days for transplant...

BICER Everything is simple here.
Our price is 1 graft is 2.5€. Your 3500 (+-200) grafts operation price will be 8750 €. BUT! She has no appointment for the next 2 months.

DEMIRSOY  "...Dr.Demirsoy evaluate your hair loss and told that if the donor area will allow there must be transplanted 3500-3800 grafts to the front and top area . The first and second step of the surgery ( extraction and open the incisions ) will be done by Dr.Demirsoy himself. The last step to place the grafts inside the channels will be done by our nurses. Dr Demirsoy is making always one surgery a day.The surgery will be done in one day.The next day will be the follow Up (head wash,detailed explanation about the post op care). 1 graft costs 1.5 euro..."

I was embarrassed that the doctor would use a micromotor. But! Huge plus. The doctor does all the manipulations himself.

And the clinic performs one operation per day.

Well, now the question. I liked the doctor's DEMIRSOY suggestion.
But I am ready to listen to any criticism.
Thanks for reading.

firstly I think you should start finasteride to stop ur hair loss.

regarding your options I would say the following :

Dr Demirsoy is indeed a very good option in Turkey with doctor doing the most steps of the procedure by himself at a decent price of 1.5 €/g. 

yaman is also good option. He has the option of manual punch instead of motorised punch too. Maybe you could ask about that, but most clinics nowadays use motorised punch instead of manual. 

Fuecapilar is also very good option. So definitely wait for dr turan’s and dr Gur’S suggestion for your hair loss problem..

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

First of all start medication asap...try topical or oral version of minoxidil and finasteride ...and preserve ur existing grafts ..u may evn consider taking prp therapy ...jst do this for 6-8 months and thn consider ur transplant ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

6 hours ago, Jackdaniels said:

you should start finasteride

9 minutes ago, Archan said:

.try topical or oral version of minoxidil and finasteride

Thanks guys for the answer!
But I read that finasteride has a bunch of side effects. I'm afraid for my potency.

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Gook said:

Thanks guys for the answer!
But I read that finasteride has a bunch of side effects. I'm afraid for my potency.

Evry1 dnt face such side effects and thr r so many people who tolerate medication easily ....thr very less percentage of people who r having side effects bt still u cn just give it a try and see how things go...if it doesnt suit u thn u always have an option stop it...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

Pekiner for me is the best in Turkey.  He's not on the recommended list on this forum, but I don't think I've seen many doctors even anywhere else internationally that are as good as him on hairlines, graft survival, etc.  Just saw a case of his on the HT Reddit, fantastic work as always.

That said, he seems to not want to take your case.  IDK if you're on medication or not, but if you're not, he's absolutely right, and you do want to see how much ground you make up first on medication before going down a HT scenario.  

Edited by Fue3361
  • Like 2

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor

I would choose Bicer but why choose Turkey? Never base a life changing decision that you will wake up to every morning and look at in the mirror on a budget or geography. You want to choose a surgeon based on the surgeon's results that match your hair loss and with the results that match your goals. By results I don't mean a few I mean a lot and consistent results. Have a look at the forum's recommended doctors and take your time. If the right doctor for you is too expensive then save up until you can afford it. You are planning on surgery over the lifespan and that will mean more than one surgery. All the best!

• Like 1

Dr Colak sounds like a complete hack. What sort of loser takes €800 from you only to fob you off? Disgraceful. 

Anyway, motorized punches are normal. That's not a scandal. You look like a diffuse Norwood 6. As in, your entire Norwood 6 zone is beginning to thin. Luckily you're still in the early stages. The way you look now is the way a slick Norwood 6 would look like after 8000 grafts so consider yourself lucky; you may get to keep those grafts if you use finasteride. 

You shouldn't complain that Bicer can't give you surgery within 2 months. 2 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Most good docs have a longer waiting list. Couto and Zarev have waits of 3 years sometimes.

Out of the docs you listed, my preference is Pekiner. 

• Valued Contributor

As @Gatsby mentioned dr bicer is a good surgeon...i also like work or dr pekiner and evn saw many good results frm dr turan as well...

Bt y u want to explore for your options from turkey only...turkey have good doctors and rest of the world too have many good ones which u cn consider ..why making your options limited just by curtailing yourself to one country ...explore more and broaden your bucket...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

32 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Dr Colak sounds like a complete hack. What sort of loser takes €800 from you only to fob you off?

Not exactly. He took 800 euros from me while he was still doing hair transplants. But then he stopped doing it. Accordingly, he did not want to return the money to me.

7 minutes ago, Gook said:

Not exactly. He took 800 euros from me while he was still doing hair transplants. But then he stopped doing it. Accordingly, he did not want to return the money to me.

So he took your money, decided to basically retire before your op, and didn't refund you

Edited by Rafael Manelli

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I would choose Bicer but why choose Turkey? Never base a life changing decision that you will wake up to every morning and look at in the mirror on a budget or geography. You want to choose a surgeon based on the surgeon's results that match your hair loss and with the results that match your goals. By results I don't mean a few I mean a lot and consistent results. Have a look at the forum's recommended doctors and take your time. If the right doctor for you is too expensive then save up until you can afford it. You are planning on surgery over the lifespan and that will mean more than one surgery. All the best!

You think Bicer is better than Pekiner?  Why?

@Gook,

Anytime I see a subject that suggests that a patient is looking for a doctor in a particular area, I’m always compelled to respond with a general precaution. Now keep in mind I’m not suggesting that aren’t some good surgeons in turkey but Türkiye in particular is known as a hotspot for but jobs and patients in need of extreme repair. And I’m not just talking about hair transplantation, I’m talking about dentistry, general medical and just about every single cosmetic procedure known to man.  

That being said, there are always diamonds in the rough so I suggest being very careful in your research and I’m sure you’ll be fine if you are confined to a particular location. That said, I am a firm believer that traveling and increased costs is a very minor inconvenience for a lifetime investment especially when you compare it to the possibility of damaging limited donor hair and potential need for extreme repair.

keep in mind that my post has absolutely nothing to do with any of the doctors you mentioned and just a general precaution. I always believe it’s better to find a surgeon you are extremely impressed with regardless of location and cost and then making plans around undergoing surgery with that particular surgeon/clinic.  

Best of luck on your research and selecting the best doctor for you

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Below I am presenting some general advice on how to select a quality surgeon that’s best for you.  Hopefully this will help in your selection process.

—-

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

You think Bicer is better than Pekiner?  Why?

Pekiner gets a lot of good recommendations here. I’m going by volume of good work turned out. Dr Bicer has 24 years experience just on hair transplant surgery alone. She continually attends world wide conferences and educates herself. This is no slight against Pekiner or any other recommended surgeon in Turkey. It’s just that these factors impress me about Dr Bicer. 

14 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Pekiner gets a lot of good recommendations here. I’m going by volume of good work turned out. Dr Bicer has 24 years experience just on hair transplant surgery alone. She continually attends world wide conferences and educates herself. This is no slight against Pekiner or any other recommended surgeon in Turkey. It’s just that these factors impress me about Dr Bicer. 

I don't disagree on your points, Dr. Bicer has been doing it a long time and her results are good.  But when I compare the work between the two, Pekiner's hairlines are just a tier above in terms of results.  Wouldn't final result be THE factor that determines who's the better surgeon?  

• Like 1

Both are great Dr’s and im sure either would yield a good result. This is where your own feel comes in. Contact both, discuss what you want and how they’d approach it. There’s 1000s of poor clinics in Turkey so it’s good you have come here to research if you’re heart is set on going there.

As mentioned above do not simply opt for a clinic based on location. This is a life long procedure so you have to go with the right fit. Never look at cost as a bottom line either you’ll regret it.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

I don't disagree on your points, Dr. Bicer has been doing it a long time and her results are good.  But when I compare the work between the two, Pekiner's hairlines are just a tier above in terms of results.  Wouldn't final result be THE factor that determines who's the better surgeon?  

I don’t disagree if Pekiner is the surgeon for you if you like his hairline results. Just as I chose Eugenix, I like Dr Bicer also for the sheer number of excellent results turned out. All the best. 

On 2/6/2023 at 5:01 PM, ray35 said:

What about Dr. Gur... I almost went with him but ended up going to Dr. Das with Eugenix., of whom I'd recommend. But Dr. Gur certainly impressed me.

The other question is I wonder how the recent events in Turkey might affect the clinics, I'm seeing much devastation from the earthquakes.

What made you chose him instead of gur? Also how much per graft does he charge. 

7 hours ago, Tydean said:

What made you chose him instead of gur? Also how much per graft does he charge. 

So for me, it had to do with time and price. I felt both places were great for my needs and Eugenix had a schedule that worked best for me. They could accommodate me on Jan 25 where as it looked like into March and maybe Feb if they had a cancellation. You can look up Eugenix and see they have some different price options. Their record of results which can be seen here in the forums is solid.