Hair Loss Ad Looks Like an HT Result

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

This ad came up on my feed. I’ve seen so many hair transplant results, that this to me, looks like ugly duckling vs. 12 months post-HT. What do you guys think?

3D981154-D3CC-4DB6-833E-5C68C570B060.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Can't read the small print, but cannot believe that medication alone would create that frontal density. Now I can believe, as Melvin, concludes, that a HT can create that density and it certainly would help to do some augmentation with medication.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Mountinvan said:

Can't read the small print, but cannot believe that medication alone would create that frontal density. Now I can believe, as Melvin, concludes, that a HT can create that density and it certainly would help to do some augmentation with medication.

Yea, this is a very deceptive ad, perhaps they do use this treatment. But this result is largely due to surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Zoomed on the fine print and it says:

"Before and after images shared by customer. Customer's results have not been independently verified. Individual results may vary"

So yes he most likely had a HT and used that product in the meantime. As the before and after picture is so good, they used it and wrote that to save face in case someone notices IMO.

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

If you guys are suggesting it is implausible to have this kind of result outside of a transplant, there are tons of cases on r/tressless that show otherwise. Although they tend to include microneedling as well. But there are definitely some incredible responders to medication-only regimens. 

Anyways, in the after picture the guy's hair is much longer and with a combover style, which makes a true comparison harder.

• Moderators

I just posted one in another thread with pictures of Bobman and claiming it's shampoo that regrows hair.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.