What is this?

Razzle1980

I'm 4 months post transplant. While I was rubbing my scalp to apply topical Finestaride/minoxidil tonight, I felt this small dry skin and realized it was a hair strand with a bulb at the end. Is this a graft? There was no blood or anything like that.

20230124_212003.jpg

Edited by Razzle1980

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:21 AM, Razzle1980 said:

I'm 4 months post transplant. While I was rubbing my scalp to apply topical Finestaride/minoxidil tonight, I felt this small dry skin and realized it was a hair strand with a bulb at the end. Is this a graft? There was no blood or anything like that.

20230124_212003.jpg

I’m just over 3 months in and have had similar. Dr advised me it’s nothing to worry about.

Some grafts shed within weeks, others can as in this case detach from the the root but continue to grow as they are still imbedded in the skin and not entirely cut off from blood supply. Eventually they’ll shed. The good news according to my Dr is that it tends to mean the rooted follicle below is pushing upwards and growing in its place 

Edited by ScottishGuy21