HT Dr recommendation - Has anyone used or have experience with Dr Edward Miln

Hi all, 

Been researching and prepping for my HT for quite some time but really wanting to make sure i am picking the right surgeon and am now ready to bite the bullet and go for it. 

I am currently waiting for Dr Bisanga and Mwamba in Belgium, Dr de Freitas in Spain as well as Dr Farjo and Dr Reddy in the UK to get back to me re in person consultations and have had a few consultations  the UK already. Wimpole gave me hair farm vibes so they instantly got scrapped, and HS Hair Clinics Dr Vida barely gave me the time of day so again didn't fill me with confidence. One Dr who did give me really good vibes was Dr Edward Miln at the Westminster Medical Group. He asked the right questions and answered all my queries with confidence and really made me feel comfortble. Trouble is searching for him within this forum has come up with blanks so i am really wondering if anyone has any experience using him and what his results have been like density and hairline wise. His instagram shows good results but we know Dr's handpick their best work for their social media / examples and wanted to know if there were any real life examples in here. I am also being put off by a pretty low price which i might be over thinking (£7500 for 3500 grafts...)

Thanks in advance for any help! 

J

There's very few clinics you should consider in the UK. Most are indeed hair farms and have multiple locations with Doctors who use hair techs to extract the grafts with varying success, often trashing many grafts in the process. They also often use large punches which leave big scarring also. There's some shocking stories posted here. Always make sure the surgeon you choose is a member of either the BAHRS, ISHRS and extracts themselves and can perform both FUE and FUT strip. 

Dr Edward Ball, Dr Farjo and Dr Reddy are good UK surgeons. I have been following Dr Miln on socials also and he seems to be making a name for himself as one of the newer generation of hair transplant surgeons in the UK. A lot of people tend to use social media these days vs forums so always worth checking the Doctors social media these days also! 

Thanks @HairFunk. Research has definitely been suggesting exactly as you say in regards most UK places. I have checked out his socials and his hairlines look great and very natural. Following a consultation with him he really seemed to care in his artistry and quality of work explaining the tools he'd use, how he aims to minimise shock loss through the quality of his planting and incisions etc and gave me a good feeling. Just such a big decision and not sure if i want to test the relatively untested (in terms of previous patients i can actually find as examples). 

Definitely take your time, do your research, attend multiple consultations and weigh up who feels right for you. Dr Miln's work does look very good. I note he's using the WAW FUE system also which is very well regarded. You could also look into then Belgian surgeons also if you're in the UK. Good look with your decision. Perhaps post your journey here which always helps others when doing research. 

Really appreciate the feedback mate. I am consulting Bisanga, Mwamba in Belgium, Ahmad in Netherlands, De Freitas in Spain and awaiting consultation responses from Reddy and Farjo. Arshad appears to have had some density issues in the past year or 2 so have decided not to consult with him. I did also consult with Dr Vida at HS Hair Clinic and wasnt too impressed by the quick in and out attitude, no real care or thought for me as a patient, just drew the line and disappeared. He is on Spex's list of best surgeons though so not sure if i should give him another chance... but yeah currently leaning towards Miln dependent on these other consultations and will definitely post my journey once i finally make a decision. Top surgeons have to start somewhere i guess and if i do use Miln and am happy with the results there is no reason why wouldn't post and help open up another option for the members of this forum :) Just wish some of his patients had already done this lol. 

No problem. The only thing I can find on here about Dr Miln was from an actor who updated this thread recently: 

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/56770-my-fue-hair-transplant-story-westminster-medical-group/#comment-540578

You may wish to check the Hair Loss Experiences forum also which is a more UK and Europe based forum in addition to this forum when researching surgeons.

All the best with your decision !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 3:43 PM, J2023 said:

Hi all, 

Been researching and prepping for my HT for quite some time but really wanting to make sure i am picking the right surgeon and am now ready to bite the bullet and go for it. 

I am currently waiting for Dr Bisanga and Mwamba in Belgium, Dr de Freitas in Spain as well as Dr Farjo and Dr Reddy in the UK to get back to me re in person consultations and have had a few consultations  the UK already. Wimpole gave me hair farm vibes so they instantly got scrapped, and HS Hair Clinics Dr Vida barely gave me the time of day so again didn't fill me with confidence. One Dr who did give me really good vibes was Dr Edward Miln at the Westminster Medical Group. He asked the right questions and answered all my queries with confidence and really made me feel comfortble. Trouble is searching for him within this forum has come up with blanks so i am really wondering if anyone has any experience using him and what his results have been like density and hairline wise. His instagram shows good results but we know Dr's handpick their best work for their social media / examples and wanted to know if there were any real life examples in here. I am also being put off by a pretty low price which i might be over thinking (£7500 for 3500 grafts...)

Thanks in advance for any help! 

J

Hi mate… just wondering if you pursued Ted Miln any more? I’ve spoken to him as well and liked him a lot… did you make a decision? 

@Otis james I am still doing my research and having consultations with others before i make my final decision. Had one with Devroye yesterday and have one with Mwamba at the end of the month. I have also continued looking into Ted Miln though and havent discounted him by any means yet. I found a couple of people had tagged him and so i reached out to them on insta, one of which was  a lovely chap who sent me befores and afters and has had nothing but good words for Ted and happiness with his result and aftercare provided. Convenience and price tends to make me lean towards him but i am still cautious (especially as he thinks he can do 3500 in one day which all the other top surgeons i have spoken to say otherwise) and wanting to make sure i get a home run with the surgeon i choose.

Agree with @Rafael Manelli his hairlines look great and this link to skill and care definitely is breeding my confidence in him. 

Will wait until i complete my rounds of consultations before i make the leap. Please do let me know if you press the button with him in the meantime mate! 

If you're trying to narrow it down thru consultations, make sure you bring your most challenging questions. 

Very hard to do if you're high in agreeableness and not very assertive. People are too shy to challenge surgeons and properly interrogate them. But if you're going to be letting someone stab your head thousands of times, they should be able to handle tough questions. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is the second thread bringing up this doctor. I’ve never heard of him. Hard to judge his results from instagram. Was he trained under a specific doctor?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

Which clinic is Dr Miln based in mate? I’m in the UK but have never heard him mentioned before. 

He’s based at HQ Hair transplants, in Cardiff. I’be also had a consult and liked him a lot. Work looks good, but I’m not terribly experienced in clocking the bad stuff! 

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
External links removed

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is the second thread bringing up this doctor. I’ve never heard of him. Hard to judge his results from instagram. Was he trained under a specific doctor?

I think we are hoping that some of the more “connected” members of the forum could find out sone more info! Having had a consultation with him, he seemed really nice and I think he looks good at what he does. But I’m fully aware that o don’t know much about hair transplants! 

1 hour ago, Otis james said:

He’s based at HQ Hair transplants, in Cardiff. I’be also had a consult and liked him a lot. Work looks good, but I’m not terribly experienced in clocking the bad stuff! 

https://instagram.com/hqhairtransplants?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Just Googled the clinic. Looks like they have about 6 years HT experience, and the only results I can actually find are either on their website, or Trust Pilot reviews. Seems a bit strange that no other member has any experience with the clinic, but that doesn’t mean they’re not a good clinic. 

32 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

Just Googled the clinic. Looks like they have about 6 years HT experience, and the only results I can actually find are either on their website, or Trust Pilot reviews. Seems a bit strange that no other member has any experience with the clinic, but that doesn’t mean they’re not a good clinic. 

Yeah, I agree! Do you know that chap  JT(how odd! Won’t let me type is name! J*e Tillm*n!)? I was speaking to him about him, on Instagram! He’s only heard of him recently too. Says he’s surprised to see a young dr offering FUT…. 
would love to hear from more people about him! 

Edited by Otis james

• Valued Contributor

He has posted great results on his website and social media ...but here i guess no1 has any experience with him..if those pictures on website and social media are true than he can be a worthy option to consider as his work is pretty amazing if all those pics are true...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

14 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Their website just says they trained in Harley Street in London, but doesn’t say who with or for how long. Looks like both doctors there have done a lot of other areas of medicine before HT, but a lot of doctors probably have. 

I seem to have upset a few people, while enquiring about this Dr. I’ve received messages and shall not mention him again. If someone does get work done by him, or anyone else who isn’t a “big name”, in the UK, please DM me. 

• Wow 1

38 minutes ago, Otis james said:

I seem to have upset a few people, while enquiring about this Dr. I’ve received messages and shall not mention him again. If someone does get work done by him, or anyone else who isn’t a “big name”, in the UK, please DM me. 

That’s out of order. Did they message having a go at you?  I’m sure @Melvin- Moderator wouldn’t tolerate that sort of behaviour. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Marko7t4 said:

That’s out of order. Did they message having a go at you?  I’m sure @Melvin- Moderator wouldn’t tolerate that sort of behaviour. 

When someone starts bumping posts and linking sites/social media, it raises suspicions from some members. There are a lot of shills in the past that pretended to be interested in a clinic, so that they could covertly promote a surgeon/clinic. Not saying that’s what’s happening here, but that’s some members concerns. I’ve instructed Otis to talk to this doctor, so he can link him to some real patients. There’s not much else our community can do, if there are no reviews.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Just reading this as I searched his name online but I had and FUT procedure with Dr Ted in January ‘22, 3996 grafts in total and it was done in 1 day. 

Obviously do your own research as it sounds like you are but I’m really happy with my result. Feel free to dm if you want to chat about my experience. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 10:01 PM, Nate said:

Just reading this as I searched his name online but I had and FUT procedure with Dr Ted in January ‘22, 3996 grafts in total and it was done in 1 day. 

Obviously do your own research as it sounds like you are but I’m really happy with my result. Feel free to dm if you want to chat about my experience. 

Hi Nate, I have a consultation with him in a few weeks at WMG in London and am trying to speak to a few of his patients. Do you have any photos of you case? Why FUT over FUE ??