Dr. Resul Yaman- Jan 2023, 4450 follicular units

Tope

1 hour ago, andii said:

I don't suppose you've any (positive) updates to share? I am considering a treatment with Dr. Yaman, but am a little put off by some recent results posted in this forum 😬

Ahhhmmm... i dont think I have any drastic change or progress compared to my last update. Ill post one when I get a chance. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

Really? Zero progress in 6 months?Are you unsatisfied? Did you contact the Dr.? And if so, what did he say about final results?

Itll be a year next month. Ill post an update and let you decide.

What did the doctor say about your result so faar? I always said he is the worst doctor that is recommended in this forum and a hair mill. I have seen plenty of bad works of him in Reddit and Facebook so I am not surprised of this result.

have you consulted other doctors so faar? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

What did the doctor say about your result so faar? I always said he is the worst doctor that is recommended in this forum and a hair mill. I have seen plenty of bad works of him in Reddit and Facebook so I am not surprised of this result.

I didnt ask. I dont think anything will change just by talking. Not going to do another ht unless they have something that doesnt hurt 😂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The last pictures posted were from month 6. It would be interesting to see a one year update.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 12/22/2023 at 4:55 AM, Ajamilo said:

I'm starting to agree with this post more and more. I had a transplant with this doctor last year and i've definitely been overharvested on one side, the other side not so much, obviously their technicians are not consistent and it's worth going somewhere else. 

I remember reading they only did 1-2 patients a day but when i was in the clinic there was at least 6+ patients throughout the whole day i counted.

would not recommend this clinic, 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 6:50 AM, Tope said:

This is after I cut my hair. Yeah you read that right, I cut it myself. I thought by this time I wont be terrified to go to a barber. 🤷‍♂️ so dont mind the uneveness of it 😂

IMG_6514.jpeg

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6502.jpeg

IMG_6496.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

compare to other 6 months result, does this consider as failed?

Here is the 1 year update.

I dont really know what to say. So, Ill leave it all to you who follows this post.
I still wear a cap when I go out. I dont think it looks good on its own. I use hair fibers now when I want to be capless 😅

IMG_1173.thumb.jpeg.32f0b44729395832adc32e7d9296b026.jpegIMG_1174.thumb.jpeg.a9bd0b018580628e380e1823eb8b74fd.jpegIMG_1175.thumb.jpeg.0b0da3a8049ae333ee449f230cce3cf7.jpegIMG_1176.thumb.jpeg.e8bb1ffa5be415006c241353ed0d4b80.jpegIMG_1177.thumb.jpeg.0566cc7b384e5e1fdeb91316dcc2297e.jpeg

Me with hair fibers out in public 😅 I still carry a cap anywhere just in case. I dont check how it looks like in top, back or side views, as long as the front view is ok. 😂IMG_1178.thumb.jpeg.67cc163cbf00bc53cc7c480e780eadf1.jpegIMG_1179.thumb.jpeg.ee053c45767646be109f746798a7c00d.jpegIMG_1180.thumb.jpeg.4be1c58fee3db8e299f6d0eeca410e5c.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

Edited by Tope

• Moderators

Doesn't look too bad. If you can get a 2nd procedure to add a bit of density all over it should be looking full without the fibers.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 minute ago, BeHappy said:

Doesn't look too bad. If you can get a 2nd procedure to add a bit of density all over it should be looking full without the fibers.

If I remember it correctly Dr Yaman told me that my donor is not suitable for a 2nd procedure during the initial consultation. And I will not allow myself to experience those painful needles again. Ill stick to the fibers until a miracle will be discovered within this lifetime 😂

Compared to your previous situation there's much improvement and your result looks decent enough!
If you want higher density you can always go for a top up procedure. Your donor looks strong enough on the back. I think you could take another 2000-3000 grafts.

image (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wembley said:

Compared to your previous situation there's much improvement and your result looks decent enough!
If you want higher density you can always go for a top up procedure. Your donor looks strong enough on the back. I think you could take another 2000-3000 grafts.

image (1).jpg

Yes there is an improvement. Im happy on a scale of 1-10 probably a 7.0 I dont have the same problem as before.

Hello @Tope

im scheduled for a transplant with Dr Yaman in about a month. Based off your before pictures I would say my hair loss right now is probably around the same level as yours before the procedure. But this post kinda of worries me considering that you're not completely satisfied with your results.
Did you get consultations from other doctors before going to Dr Yaman? I'm not a professional but maybe your mid scalp wasn't bad enough for a transplant and the transplanted hairs damaged some of the surrounding native hairs.
Also were you still shedding before you got the surgery and have you tried taking fin and minoxidil post op? 
Personally I think your hairline looks really good compared to your before pictures.

2 hours ago, Jakefromstatefarm said:

Hello @Tope

im scheduled for a transplant with Dr Yaman in about a month. Based off your before pictures I would say my hair loss right now is probably around the same level as yours before the procedure. But this post kinda of worries me considering that you're not completely satisfied with your results.
Did you get consultations from other doctors before going to Dr Yaman? NO I'm not a professional but maybe your mid scalp wasn't bad enough for a transplant and the transplanted hairs damaged some of the surrounding native hairs.
Also were you still shedding before you got the surgery and have you tried taking fin and minoxidil post op? IM ON FIN FOR 2 YEARS BEFORE SURGERY
Personally I think your hairline looks really good compared to your before pictures. 

Did you try any medications before doing a transplant? I ask because from what I understand, asians are normally very good responders to it. Looking at your original start point, I thought of this guy at the wimpole clinic (even same head shape)

https://wimpoleclinic.com/blog/norwood-stage-5-photos-treatments-results/
(scroll down to Does Finasteride work at Norwood stage 5?)

His start point was worse than yours, but his end point was much improved. If you are not already on medication, it might be worth trying.

1 minute ago, singlefollicle said:

Did you try any medications before doing a transplant? I ask because from what I understand, asians are normally very good responders to it. Looking at your original start point, I thought of this guy at the wimpole clinic (even same head shape)

https://wimpoleclinic.com/blog/norwood-stage-5-photos-treatments-results/
(scroll down to Does Finasteride work at Norwood stage 5?)

His start point was worse than yours, but his end point was much improved. If you are not already on medication, it might be worth trying.

Im on fin for 3 years now.