Hair getting weaker

sfarfals2

Hello, I had a hair transplant in 2020 until 2021 I was doing mesotherapy(3 in the year) which was included in the hair transplant price and I started using finasteride and minoxidil.

I started with 7.5g of finasteride per week( I would split a 5gr pill in half and take it on Monday, Wednesday and Friday)

The minoxidil was 7 spray per day at night.

Last year I started reducing the finasteride, I am currently taking 0.5/0.7gr a day(read that 0.2 is efficient)

When I was having mesotherapy my hair was thicker and curly, afterwards it started to get thinner and the curls went away... Currently there are some days where it gets more curly but the majority it look weak and straight.

I started using saw palmetto supplement but it is the same...

• Administrators

I would consider switching to dutasteride, or incorporating it once a week. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Was it dutasteride mesotherapy, or just vitamin mesotherapy? 

Personally, I believe 1mg daily finasteride is a strong enough preventative regime for the vast majority of men with AA, and would recommend 6-12 months of consistent compliance with this before looking to add 5mg daily oral minoxidil or dutasteride. 

If you are specifically looking to gain regrowth, then adding 5mg daily oral or 5% topical minoxidil would then become an option to look into. 

Some patients don’t want to take any chances, and go for the more ‘nuclear’ options from the get go, and in that case the strongest research backed options would be 0.5mg daily dutasteride and either 5% topical minoxidil or 5mg oral minoxidil.