Eugenix - February 2023 - The Journey Begins...

Hi Everyone,

I've been a lurker on this site and thanks to the community have massively educated myself.

I've seen some incredible write-ups on here so I will try to do it justice whilst trying not to bore anyone!

Here's a bit of background about me. I'm 36 years old and had extremely thick hair growing up (on my head and all over!). In fact the barber's clippers used to get stuck in my hair when getting a haircut and I loved styling it and keeping it long.

I initially started losing hair in big clumps when I was 26 when my GP prescribed some very powerful antibiotics to fix a fungal foot infection that messed me up. I used to wake up to so many hairs on my pillow and running my hand through my hair would pull out so many as well.

I always knew I was going to get a visit from the Norwood Reaper because both my father, brother and other relatives are quite bald.

After being half-assed about my hair and going from feeling OK about it to being super depressed (especially when people seem to think it's acceptable to comment on how bald you look) I was getting married last year and I decided that I needed to take control.

I started on 0.5mg Dutasteride and 2.5mg Oral Minoxidil last January until April. I've attached pictures below showing the different stages my hair has been in and the progress by using Dut + Oral Min. Apologies for the different lighting as I just candidly snapped a picture when I remembered to!

The progress was amazing and at one point I almost had a thick full head of hair on top again and both I and my family and friends were shocked at how well I responded to it. However, stupidly as soon as I stopped it by October it was really empty again as you can see in the photos. I've started again in December and already my hair is thickening up again and I'm not getting side effects like I used to but I've definitely lost a lot of ground.

Progress.thumb.jpg.cac71e67f24fd6d3f001360b9e6e80dc.jpg

I sent my images to Eugenix in December just before I started on meds again. They say I will need about 5200 grafts for the hairline and midscalp where they will take 3200 grafts from the scalp and 2000 from the beard. I have a very thick beard so this should be ok though I am a bit worried that it is very greying so not sure how that will work. I'm not too bothered about my crown as long as my priority is to get a framed face and some density again. I'm realistic about the result I will get and am under no illusions that I will never look like I did 10 years ago. 

I am booked on the first week of February to go to Eugenix and will be opting for the package with Dr Arika Bansal doing the planning, design and initial incisions.

I am going to opt for quite a conservative hairline as I've always had a big forehead even when I had a full head of hair and if I use the rule of thirds you can see a picture of me below again when I was much younger and it was still quite high.

Rishab from Eugenix has been great so far and put up with a lot of my questions and queries - I've got a called booked with Dr Arika Bansal next week so will update on that i there is anything of interest.

So anyway that's the journey so far and I'll update you more - I'm definitely nervous and feel like I've come a long way since I first researched my hair loss and excited about the prospect of this thing that has haunted me finally getting some action! Wish me luck guys!

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
Removed image as per user request.
  • Like 3

• Valued Contributor
16 hours ago, ThinningIndian said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been a lurker on this site and thanks to the community have massively educated myself.

I've seen some incredible write-ups on here so I will try to do it justice whilst trying not to bore anyone!

Here's a bit of background about me. I'm 36 years old and had extremely thick hair growing up (on my head and all over!). In fact the barber's clippers used to get stuck in my hair when getting a haircut and I loved styling it and keeping it long.

I initially started losing hair in big clumps when I was 26 when my GP prescribed some very powerful antibiotics to fix a fungal foot infection that messed me up. I used to wake up to so many hairs on my pillow and running my hand through my hair would pull out so many as well.

I always knew I was going to get a visit from the Norwood Reaper because both my father, brother and other relatives are quite bald.

After being half-assed about my hair and going from feeling OK about it to being super depressed (especially when people seem to think it's acceptable to comment on how bald you look) I was getting married last year and I decided that I needed to take control.

I started on 0.5mg Dutasteride and 2.5mg Oral Minoxidil last January until April. I've attached pictures below showing the different stages my hair has been in and the progress by using Dut + Oral Min. Apologies for the different lighting as I just candidly snapped a picture when I remembered to!

The progress was amazing and at one point I almost had a thick full head of hair on top again and both I and my family and friends were shocked at how well I responded to it. However, stupidly as soon as I stopped it by October it was really empty again as you can see in the photos. I've started again in December and already my hair is thickening up again and I'm not getting side effects like I used to but I've definitely lost a lot of ground.

Progress.thumb.jpg.cac71e67f24fd6d3f001360b9e6e80dc.jpg

I sent my images to Eugenix in December just before I started on meds again. They say I will need about 5200 grafts for the hairline and midscalp where they will take 3200 grafts from the scalp and 2000 from the beard. I have a very thick beard so this should be ok though I am a bit worried that it is very greying so not sure how that will work. I'm not too bothered about my crown as long as my priority is to get a framed face and some density again. I'm realistic about the result I will get and am under no illusions that I will never look like I did 10 years ago. 

I am booked on the first week of February to go to Eugenix and will be opting for the package with Dr Arika Bansal doing the planning, design and initial incisions.

I am going to opt for quite a conservative hairline as I've always had a big forehead even when I had a full head of hair and if I use the rule of thirds you can see a picture of me below again when I was much younger and it was still quite high.

71097156_NewProject(9).thumb.jpg.c065f2cb88c4955595a90284947daa57.jpg

Rishab from Eugenix has been great so far and put up with a lot of my questions and queries - I've got a called booked with Dr Arika Bansal next week so will update on that i there is anything of interest.

So anyway that's the journey so far and I'll update you more - I'm definitely nervous and feel like I've come a long way since I first researched my hair loss and excited about the prospect of this thing that has haunted me finally getting some action! Wish me luck guys!

Hi..even am from india..actually u Should never stop medication unless there is any side effects ..am on oral minoxidil and finasteride since long time...evn am a good responder to it 

Picsart_23-01-11_16-14-49-786.jpg

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

12 minutes ago, aaalan said:

Good luck brother! Are you going to Delhi or Mumbai?

i am in US and considering Eugenix.. Mumbai is my first pref. As my parents are there but believe Delhi has their best doctors…

The doctors are the same. It's just that they're available at the Mumbai location on limited dates.

Edited by keratin_matters
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Surgery day is tomorrow. Did the pre op check up and the surgery was very clean and the staff were all really courteous, professional and friendly.

Here are pre op photos under harsh light in hotel bathroom.

Donor looks promising but let's see what they say tomorrow. I can't believe it's all happening and I know it sounds odd to say this but I feel a bit sad for my body what it is going to go through but hopefully that's just me being sentimental haha.

Will post more tomorrow if I can after the surgery (not sure if it will be 1 or 2 day as they said 2 days but I guess it depends on how much they do!)IMG_20230208_205424.thumb.jpg.84d4d091b61a9d7889f4d830e7d04158.jpgIMG_20230208_205344.thumb.jpg.053793c9e8ba7d965c58fa172ac40977.jpgIMG_20230208_205309.thumb.jpg.4c33065bba4b2a5c2a34025e57e7ef45.jpgIMG_20230208_205246.thumb.jpg.30cd0680bc8c0cc96a713f0639643d8f.jpg

Thanks DHT!

What I can say for sure is the Eugenix team is really amazing. They've made me feel so comfortable even though it's been brutal. You never realise the actual duration and pain of a HT until you go through it and I have massive respect for those who have done it especially multiple times!

Going to sleep now but will try and write up something tomorrow after the final session.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I am so sorry for the delay in updating - I kept thinking I would write up a massive thing like everyone else here but then life got in the way of things. 

It's been just 3 months (had Op on 8th February 2023) and honestly I don't know what to think. I know I am very early in the process and there is definitely a framing to my face now but who knows what will happen!

I'll try and document it as best as I can but I don't think I have the stamina or the memory to write everything that happened.

I went to Delhi to get my HT done and went for the package where Dr Arika does the initial incisions and the hairline design. Firstly I have to say the operating theatre and everything was very clean and professionally run and was very quiet apart from the music from the TVs in the theatre. Dr Arika had done a video call with me a week before I flew out and she was very nice and approachable there but on the day of the HT it felt a lot more rushed! First we were sitting for a good 1.5 hours until she came and then we got rushed into a room where she roughly drew the shape of my hairline whilst I was surrounded by a large number of people who were also filming me (I chose not to give permission for my photos or video to be used for promotional material). Luckily my wife and I spoke to her and got her to change some things to make it exactly what I wanted.

I can't remember much of the HT to be honest but I do remember one thing which was regarding the painkillers. Rather than some places that just give you a big number of injections that numb you for the whole time, they choose to give multiple local injections each time. This is good in one way as it means you don't get as much swelling but also it is f***ing painful when they extract or inject a hair into your scalp where the anaesthetic has worn off! My OP was supposed to be 2 days but it got stretched to 2.5 days as the first day was quite slow and then they did a massive amount on the second day and then finished it off with the hairline, temples and crown on the last day.

I've just attached the pre and post op photos from the clinic to show you what I started with and how it finished.

before-after-small.thumb.jpg.84ed82715efe1d455149a4b4af1879af.jpg

This is on day 10 when I was scabbing and then removed the scabs. I rubbed a bit hard and had some blood come out which freaked me out but hopefully it is ok:

IMG_20230218_100357.thumb.jpg.809a0df0f1ee52088cf005dcada6cda9.jpg

This is 2 months:

IMG_20230412_113052.thumb.jpg.3d246f90ac6b7bc728dffc49997e3e37.jpg

6 weeks:

IMG_20230423_110733.thumb.jpg.543fd019a26afe1733ab5f208c0808d6.jpg

and finally today (3 months):

IMG_20230510_181812.thumb.jpg.0db0b5cc36298aea92db23b950349bf1.jpg

Any words anyone can give me will be massively appreciated - I finally don't think about my hair like I used to but I can't say that it will be a homerun yet.

My barber says it looks great and he can't tell they've even taken anything from my head! But honestly I don't know how or what to feel....

Thanks and will try to update better now!