Differences in Docs

I was curious what the general consensus was on H&W, Feriduni, and Hattingen? They are all recommended so I know they are quality but what exactly do they specialize in? Other than repairs are they all on the same playing field for normal Nw3-7 cases? Does one seem to have better density or better low norwoods than the rest?

these are my personal anecdotes.

H&W and Hattingen are both renowned strip clinics, although I’ve been seeing hattingen do more FUT than H&W as they have transitioned into a lot more FUE

Hattigen have impressed me for higher Norwood options. Out of the 4 surgeons if zi was Norwood 6/7 I would probably leaning with Hattingen.

Hasson definitely dense packs a lot more than other surgeons, from a email consult back in March I was told that if I wanted to get FUT I would have to go with Dr Wong as Hasson has stopped doing it, don’t know if that still holds true. I would say Hassons sweet spot in Norwood levels is Norwood 3/4/5 but he has some good Norwood 6 cases with FUT as well.

Wong and Feriduni have some pretty amazing repairs in my opinion, although the general consensus is that Feriduni is bigger name when it comes to repairs. 

• Thanks 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

It's a matter of taste, especially with the hairline designs, some doctors prefer to do repairs and some less, some clinics prefer to do BHT from the whole body, some just from the beard, some do only scalp, some clinics do Afro procedures and others not, some more conservative and some tend to do with more experimental approach, some clinics do more than 5000+ grafts, some still prefer to do FUT over FUE, some clinics only accept paitents that use anti hairloss meds, ect...

At the end It's a matter which results you like and approach of the clinic to your case.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

it can be super easy comparing a hairmill with an elite doc, but much harder to compare an elite doc vs another elite doc. Especially as we've seen lately with Diep and Hasson, doctor's historical reputations rise and fall all the time. 

When selecting amongst multiple "elite" docs, I say go with whoever you think is going to give you the most 1:1 time, personalized, unique, surgical plan, who you feel is most passionate and empathetic about your case, and who won't f*ck you over in the post op or cease all communication with you once you return home.

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

it can be super easy comparing a hairmill with an elite doc, but much harder to compare an elite doc vs another elite doc. Especially as we've seen lately with Diep and Hasson, doctor's historical reputations rise and fall all the time. 

When selecting amongst multiple "elite" docs, I say go with whoever you think is going to give you the most 1:1 time, personalized, unique, surgical plan, who you feel is most passionate and empathetic about your case, and who won't f*ck you over in the post op or cease all communication with you once you return home.

I firmly agree. I just didn’t know if Hasson is backing away does that means cases through H&W(especially recent fue tendency) have also gone down? Feriduni interests me for fue because his cases seem dense packed but most people don’t bring him up unless it is a repair case which I at this time would not be. Hattingen has some stellar cases but fut is a massive undertaking so didn’t know if they are still world class with fue cases as well?

• Like 1

As a recent patient of H&W I can say that they remain fully equipped for large cases and I they professionalism and care I received was beyond my expectations. 

The differentiation is not just about about who's better for x,y,z that others, but what approach they would recommend. One Doctor might recommend an FUT megasession and cover the most they can. Another would recommend breaking it up or making use of beard donor. There is a degree of personal preference in this.

Edited by BurnieBurns
  • Like 1

• Moderators

If you have several quality Drs picked out and you can't decide which one to go to then I suggest really taking an in depth look at each one's hairline designs. Almost every Dr has a sort of standard hairline design that they usually do, maybe with some minor variation based on the patient, but mostly it will still be their same overall design. So what you need to do is decide what kind of hairline you are looking for and go with the one who seems to do a lot of those hairlines. This is very important because the hairline is what everyone sees every day when they look at you... and that includes you, so you have to be happy with what it looks like.

If you are not sure what type of hairline you really want then I suggest looking at some old pictures of yourself from back when you had a good hairline and try to choose the Dr who creates hairlines most like the one you had. Realize that the new hairline will probably not be as low or as dense, but you are looking to get close to the general idea of it. Most people want to get back to what they once had, so getting a hairline similar to what you had previously will usually give you the best satisfaction in the end resulting look, assuming each of the Drs would do quality work as said earlier.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

5 hours ago, BeHappy said:

If you have several quality Drs picked out and you can't decide which one to go to then I suggest really taking an in depth look at each one's hairline designs. Almost every Dr has a sort of standard hairline design that they usually do, maybe with some minor variation based on the patient, but mostly it will still be their same overall design. So what you need to do is decide what kind of hairline you are looking for and go with the one who seems to do a lot of those hairlines. This is very important because the hairline is what everyone sees every day when they look at you... and that includes you, so you have to be happy with what it looks like.

If you are not sure what type of hairline you really want then I suggest looking at some old pictures of yourself from back when you had a good hairline and try to choose the Dr who creates hairlines most like the one you had. Realize that the new hairline will probably not be as low or as dense, but you are looking to get close to the general idea of it. Most people want to get back to what they once had, so getting a hairline similar to what you had previously will usually give you the best satisfaction in the end resulting look, assuming each of the Drs would do quality work as said earlier.

Any between those three that you think have the best hairline?

18 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

As a recent patient of H&W I can say that they remain fully equipped for large cases and I they professionalism and care I received was beyond my expectations. 

The differentiation is not just about about who's better for x,y,z that others, but what approach they would recommend. One Doctor might recommend an FUT megasession and cover the most they can. Another would recommend breaking it up or making use of beard donor. There is a degree of personal preference in this.

Definitely can agree, I know that Dr Hassons care was put in question recently but I can say that it went way beyond my expectations from my personal experience. I would be very interested in following your journey if or when you share it.

2 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Any between those three that you think have the best hairline?

I like Dr Hassons and Feridunis hairline designs in particular. The best comeback I’ve ever seen is Aftermaths case from Dr Hasson and the hairline design and execution is perfect. I haven’t seen too many Feriduni cases but from what I’ve seen I liked the shape and designs. 

I really think all 3 are top 10 world wide.

Feriduni has an amazing aesthetic taste, he is metulicious af and a very heartwarming guy. Really like his hairlines. He does large fue cases and no fut anymore except corrections. He thinks there is no need.

Hattingen is amazing with big sessions, and they are known for this, do fut for large sessions, do more fut than the other two.

Hasson and Wong are the docs who literally shifted the needle of "whats possible". Transitioned more to fue last years but still do fut occasionally.

Edited by davidn
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, davidn said:

I really think all 3 are top 10 world wide.

Feriduni has an amazing aesthetic taste, he is metulicious af and a very heartwarming guy. Really like his hairlines. He does large fue cases and no fut anymore except corrections. He thinks there is no need.

Hattingen is amazing with big sessions, and they are known for this, do fut for large sessions, do more fut than the other two.

Hasson and Wong are the docs who literally shifted the needle of "whats possible". Transitioned more to fue last years but still do fut occasionally.

I am not very informed on them so just curious if you think differ from me. It seems that I’ve seen H&W are still very active in hair transplants but also focused on Xyon. Is the quality still the same? 
Feriduni seems to do amazing repairs but are his hairlines that dense? Does he use more grafts to get a result that doesn’t seem dense?

Hattingen has incredible fut results they don’t seem keen on fue but are their fue as good as fut?

I am just asking because I am not knowledgeable and you seem incredibly knowledgeable. Ideally I’d not like fut because I scar poorly but I love docs that account for future loss and seem to fill in the holes but also fill in areas that have hair to ensure even throughout. I also like fairly mature hairlines but very dense

46 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

I am not very informed on them so just curious if you think differ from me. It seems that I’ve seen H&W are still very active in hair transplants but also focused on Xyon. Is the quality still the same? 
Feriduni seems to do amazing repairs but are his hairlines that dense? Does he use more grafts to get a result that doesn’t seem dense?

Hattingen has incredible fut results they don’t seem keen on fue but are their fue as good as fut?

I am just asking because I am not knowledgeable and you seem incredibly knowledgeable. Ideally I’d not like fut because I scar poorly but I love docs that account for future loss and seem to fill in the holes but also fill in areas that have hair to ensure even throughout. I also like fairly mature hairlines but very dense

Xyon is still an seperate entity from Hasson & Wong. The connection is there but the clinic hasn't altered its focus in any way. I haven't seen much of Feriduni's work but Hattingen's FUE does seen on par with their FUT at least from what they've shown. Their philosophy generally recommends to get strip first but I believe they can still start with FUE if preferred and educated about the pros and cons

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Xyon is still an seperate entity from Hasson & Wong. The connection is there but the clinic hasn't altered its focus in any way. I haven't seen much of Feriduni's work but Hattingen's FUE does seen on par with their FUT at least from what they've shown. Their philosophy generally recommends to get strip first but I believe they can still start with FUE if preferred and educated about the pros and cons

Thank you. I assumed H&W was different but didn’t know if they had switched their focus on things since fut isn’t as common in their clinic anymore. I mean all 3 are world class. I will try to consult with all. H&W I think doesn’t take people under 28 so at 26 I probably won’t even be considered. I like dense results really and people that can use less grafts and make more coverage. Like a Konior but I don’t have that kind of money lol. Hattingen I have been impressed with but they haven’t gotten back to me and I don’t think they are keen on taking younger patients which I totally respect. I just don’t want to go to a clinic that does a transplant and leaves minimal density. Of course ultra dense isn’t what I want but sometimes hairlines are still somewhat see through at some clinics. So didn’t know which of these would be best with dense hairlines and evaluating scalp for lifetime grafts 

10 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Thank you. I assumed H&W was different but didn’t know if they had switched their focus on things since fut isn’t as common in their clinic anymore. I mean all 3 are world class. I will try to consult with all. H&W I think doesn’t take people under 28 so at 26 I probably won’t even be considered. I like dense results really and people that can use less grafts and make more coverage. Like a Konior but I don’t have that kind of money lol. Hattingen I have been impressed with but they haven’t gotten back to me and I don’t think they are keen on taking younger patients which I totally respect. I just don’t want to go to a clinic that does a transplant and leaves minimal density. Of course ultra dense isn’t what I want but sometimes hairlines are still somewhat see through at some clinics. So didn’t know which of these would be best with dense hairlines and evaluating scalp for lifetime grafts 

I had my procedure with Dr Hasson of H&W less than a month ago and I am 22 years old if that answers your question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Really dang. I was 25 when I sent my report and they said I am too young and need to wait. Maybe it is case by case. I am a Norwood 3 though

I was a much higher norwood and I stabilised for a year on medication.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Yes I’m not certain I’m stabilized yet but I have been on fin for two years

Do you know which doctor reviewed your case? I was 28 when I consulted. H&W very much would treat that on an individual basis. Most ethical doctors would be hesitant to operate if a patient is actively losing hair

Hattingen (from my understanding) prefer to wait until a patient has lost a significant amount of hair so they can put a solid  'framework' in place?

Edited by BurnieBurns
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Do you know which doctor reviewed your case? I was 28 when I consulted. H&W very much would treat that on an individual basis. Most ethical doctors would be hesitant to operate if a patient is actively losing hair

Hattingen (from my understanding) prefer to wait until a patient has lost a significant amount of hair so they can put a solid  'framework' in place?

Thanks that makes sense. I don’t know if it ever went to doctor. I was in contact with Doug

4 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Thanks that makes sense. I don’t know if it ever went to doctor. I was in contact with Doug

Ok interesting. If it's been a year it would be worth doing again. I think they still do a fair amount of FUT mainly by Dr Wong which is what I had.

If you're past NW3 in your late 20s and stabilised loss I'd be surprised if they wouldn't get a doctor review

Edited by BurnieBurns
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Ok interesting. If it's been a year it would be worth doing again. I think they still do a fair amount of FUT mainly by Dr Wong which is what I had.

If you're past NW3 in your late 20s and stabilised loss I'd be surprised if they wouldn't get a doctor review

Is one better than the other or is Hasson and Wong the same basically? Result wise?

17 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

They're completely on par skill-wise. Most of the recent results shown are Dr Hasson's as he does more FUE

Thank you. I do love H&W fut cases. The problem is if you have bad scar ability I don’t know if it matters whose hands you are in. It sucks though because fut first generally is better long term but losing 2-3k grafts for not a big scar might be the route I go anyway

Do you get Keloid scarring? The scar from FUT does depend a lot on the surgeons skill (no guarantees in surgery ever). Both docs have performed thousands. You might be fine just doing FUE if you're not too advanced and you have a large enough safe zone

Edited by BurnieBurns
  • Like 2