Small Dormant Hairs

Hey,

I am on month 5 of my HT, and noticed some relatively short hairs that look like they are still dormant, given that they are still hanging around I can only assume they latched onto a blood supply. I have seen some folks here and on Reddit gently remove them with tweezers however I am not interested in doing that, so my question is, will they fall out on their own and restart their cycle or do I NEED to assist them?

I just assumed given they were dormant they needed more time, so I’m genuinely suprised folks claimed they removed them w tweasers. I have had others simply tell me not to touch them and they will fall on their own in time, or simply restart their cycle.

plucking a hair doesnt reset the hair cycle, the stem cells and follicle is still going to go through its whole process

the only proven thing I know that accelerates early anagen is minoxidil, and there is also stemoxydine which makes the telogen phase shorter via hypoxia

im not sure how much is worth trying to accelerate the hair cycle for those hairs though, probably better just let it be its natural process

why would anyone use tweezers 5 months post op to remove hair. that sounds like a very bad idea. if it was not meant to be hair it will fall out by itself eventually. hairs don't grow all at the same time depending on the the phase they were in when they were transplanted.

11 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

plucking a hair doesnt reset the hair cycle, the stem cells and follicle is still going to go through its whole process

the only proven thing I know that accelerates early anagen is minoxidil, and there is also stemoxydine which makes the telogen phase shorter via hypoxia

im not sure how much is worth trying to accelerate the hair cycle for those hairs though, probably better just let it be its natural process

That’s generally what I assumed, given that the hair shaft isn’t responsible for the cycle, but people seemed adamant they needed to pluck them 

The key thing is you're not 'plucking' these dead hairs they will just slide out without resistance. If you feel any resistance just leave it.

You'll probably notice they are short and stubby with flat cut top. New hairs grow much thinner and resemble a pencil, thicker at the base converging to a thin wispy end.

Removing the dead hair minimises the chances of infection/pimples. Anecdotally it may also free up space for the new hair to push through, triggering growth.