NW 6-7 with retrograde alopecia planning to go with Eugenix

Hello everyone,

I have posted here before was thinking on going to Turkey to a doc Demir, got convinced otherwise by the forum, so i have done my research and started to dig deeper.

I narrowed down to 2 clincs Dr. BIcer and Eugenix. Still not sure which one to choose, though I am leaning to Eugenix, even though Instabul is 4 hours drive from where I live in Bulgaria.

i am planning to contact Eugenix and ask for a custom plan if possible.

i am contemplating  between 120 rupee package and the 210 rupees.

Not sure which one I should go for to be honest.

if I go for the 120 rupee one, i am specifically gonna ask for doctor Das to carry out the entire surgery. 

just as a reminder this is where i am now. Age 27. Also never took Fin and never plan to take it.

E0166616-095F-46ED-A01D-6D0B41D55F19.thumb.jpeg.71c57104e4fd7d5d94b072e142d07899.jpeg

04F48107-5A0C-4A58-8DA2-5A80AAB35F74.thumb.png.4ed4aba7709c918a5fa8addc109d7d13.png

178F1F16-67FD-48B1-8E4D-DE07B55ECED7.thumb.jpeg.239f90083b64c7ccb1913377de56a5b8.jpeg

29160BB6-792D-4569-AFE1-5B74752CAC6D.thumb.jpeg.555b1109620330992a85b4295b420325.jpeg
5C3C6E1C-109C-4009-A163-5C5CA45D8395.thumb.jpeg.9bd0f6c68fd6cc7af7bf1e38cb0a40fe.jpeg
I believe my beard and chest hair which i also have a lot of is key for my saving.  shave my head everyday but I find a tedious task, that’s one of the main reasons, i want HT.

As for what I want to achieve it’s something like this.

BAE175CB-3667-483B-8F8F-CDF7301FEE5A.thumb.png.445185e97d09bfa9c0c40b8e0cbd3427.png5DFDD159-0C5C-4976-B53D-D5BBEEB9E9DC.thumb.jpeg.1076ce45f01ee1db5154893ace9449b5.jpegE8027CCD-5BB1-43C0-8907-8D24FA5B8744.jpeg.df19f7cd972d6ed944ebfb96619b1907.jpeg

Would you say that my expectations are reasonable and achievable?

Which package should I go for?

Any input on Dr. Bicer for such cases?

Thank you!

Edited by Alphafit

Dr Sethi from Eugenix would be the perfect suit for you. I cant think of any other surgeon that matches your case than him.

You would be in a similar case as our moderator. Who also is a Norwood 6/7 with Retrograde

He will get very good mileage out of your beard.

Edited by mister_25
  • Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Valued Contributor

As a fellow Norwood 7 patient myself, you need to be reasonable with your goals from what surgery can achieve. I would be picking the best Norwood 7 surgeon results that have been shared on this forum. For me that means Dr Pradeep and and Dr Pittella. As to your scalp donor and being a candidate you will need to have a consultation with both. What is in your favour however is that you have an excellent beard donor source and this is what Eugenix excels in utilizing the most over other clinics just in the sheer number of beard grafts obtainable by them. Still, beard grafts only work if you have enough scalp donor to work with. I wish you all the best and hope that you have considered meds such as finasteride to strengthen your donor, etc. If the cost is prohibitive then I strongly recommend that you avoid clinics that will tell you what you want to hear. Dr Bicer is an excellent surgeon and will give you a straight answer as to whether she feels you are a candidate for her or not.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Dr Sethi from Eugenix would be the perfect suit for you. I cant think of any other surgeon that matches your case than him.

You would be in a similar case as our moderator. Who also is a Norwood 6/7 with Retrograde

He will get very good mileage out of your beard.

The dr. Sethi has amazing results, yes. However the price would be high for me, i won’t be able afford that I think.

The most I can do is doctor Arika Bansal or doc Das

12 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

As a fellow Norwood 7 patient myself, you need to be reasonable with your goals from what surgery can achieve. I would be picking the best Norwood 7 surgeon results that have been shared on this forum. For me that means Dr Pradeep and and Dr Pittella. As to your scalp donor and being a candidate you will need to have a consultation with both. What is in your favour however is that you have an excellent beard donor source and this is what Eugenix excels in utilizing the most over other clinics just in the sheer number of beard grafts obtainable by them. Still, beard grafts only work if you have enough scalp donor to work with. I wish you all the best and hope that you have considered meds such as finasteride to strengthen your donor, etc. If the cost is prohibitive then I strongly recommend that you avoid clinics that will tell you what you want to hear. Dr Bicer is an excellent surgeon and will give you a straight answer as to whether she feels you are a candidate for her or not.

Would you feel that Dr Arika Bansal or Dr Das would be sufficient for me as well.

Doctor Pitella and Sethi are genius, but the price is out of my budget.

4 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

The dr. Sethi has amazing results, yes. However the price would be high for me, i won’t be able afford that I think.

Would you feel that Dr Arika Bansal or Dr Das would be sufficient for me as well.

Hi,

Would you ever consider waiting and saving up more money? You need to understand that this is a once in a lifetime procedure and it's important to get it right. It's not a good idea to save money.  Both Dr Sethi and Dr. Pitella are good surgeons. Ive seen Dr Sethi do amazing work using beard grafts and Ive also seen very good high norwood results from Dr Pitella, so you can go to whichever is the closest to you

Regarding your hair situation... you have reached the final limit of your hairloss. Meaning that by waiting some more will not make things ''worse'' because you are already at the end. I say this because it will give you some more time to save up the money required to have a world class procedure.   I'm not trying to say that Dr Arika and Dr Das (or other doctors/clinics) will do a bad job since they are cheaper that the two doctors you mentioned, however .. if you're going to do something like this, you will want to do it with someone who has done your case before, someone that will be familiar with it and has proven results.

Good luck for now 

PS. you have one of the best beard ive seen. I'm confident you can have 4,000 grafts easily extracted from it overall and another 3,000 from the back of the head. It will give you full coverage and enough to have it short to appear like you had a full head of hair. This is the realistic expectation I have for you. 

• Like 4

• Valued Contributor
7 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

Dr Bansal is an excellent surgeon and has performed years of Norwood 6 results. It's decision that you have to make based on your research and confidence in the surgeon being able to achieve your goals. Again it would pay to have a consultation with Dr Arika. She is slightly more conservative than Dr Pradeep but that does not rule out her accepting you. All the best @Alphafit.

• Like 1

• Administrators

What are your expectations? I think you have to be very realistic before you undergo surgery. Honestly, you need at least 3 surgeries to cover the scalp with adequate density. It’s a serious journey. Really ask yourself is it worth it to you? If you just want some improvement, then one surgery may be enough. But in all likelihood even one won’t be enough. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What are your expectations? I think you have to be very realistic before you undergo surgery. Honestly, you need at least 3 surgeries to cover the scalp with adequate density. It’s a serious journey. Really ask yourself is it worth it to you? If you just want some improvement, then one surgery may be enough. But in all likelihood even one won’t be enough. 

Hello Melvin,

i have posted 3 photos of my exceptions, in the top of the post.Would you mind taking a look at them and saying if its realistic?

I don’t mind 2 transplants to be honest and I am not in a rush or anything. Just prefer to act upon it, plus

I am not expecting a result that makes me look like when I was 14. I want a receded conservative hairline with a covered scalp and crown

Edited by Alphafit

I know eugenix recently did a body hair transplant where they took hair not just from the chest, but also the legs, privates. Of course, you'll only have that length of hair when it gets transplant to your head. A short haircut would work for that. As for finestride, since you're at the end of your balding, you might never have to take it.  As for surgeons, I'd save up and spend the cash for a decent result. Get the utmost experience doctor to do 100% of the transplant if you can as technician's in the lower packages may not be as good

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Alphafit said:

Hello Melvin,

i have posted 3 photos of my exceptions, in the top of the post.Would you mind taking a look at them and saying if its realistic?

I don’t mind 2 transplants to be honest and I am not in a rush or anything. Just prefer to act upon it, plus

I am not expecting a result that makes me look like when I was 14. I want a receded conservative hairline with a covered scalp and crown

The pictures are blurry. I think this result is what you can expect in one surgery, if everything works well.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The pictures are blurry. I think this result is what you can expect in one surgery, if everything works well.

Wow only for one surgery? That beats my expectations for the first one to be honest. After that one more for the crown throw whatever I have left at it and i be quite happy to be honest.

sides and back shaved, number 2 on top  is what i want anyway.

14 minutes ago, Alphafit said:

Wow only for one surgery? That beats my expectations for the first one to be honest. After that one more for the crown throw whatever I have left at it and i be quite happy to be honest.

sides and back shaved, number 2 on top  is what i want anyway.

Hey bro, I was the OP and am glad you liked my progress. I’m going back for my 2nd surgery with Dr. Bicer this September for the crown so you have the same plan as me. I’ve been very happy with my results so far and would recommend her. Just be patient with their response time and expect to have to book a few months out since they’ve become much more popular since the last time I went with them. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 5:56 AM, devilfishlane said:

@AlphafitWow. I thought your photos were me for a second. We are going in similar paths in many ways. I have a surgery appt with Dr Das (Eugenix) on the 27 and 28 of December. Unfortunately her fees now are 210 a graft. I had 2 previous weak transplants over 12 yrs ago. So the hair on top of my hairline and mid in the photo (#1) is transplanted. Dr Das thinks she can get 3500 grafts from my sides and beard. Hopefully closer to 4000 taken donor from wherever, though my beard is not as good as your. Your photo of what you would like is similar to what I would be happy with (photo 2 and 3). Because my donor is weak and keeping it shaved on sides and back is no problem for me. Also I have SMP over my scalp which I think will help in 6 to 8 months. I just started to let it grown out on top 2 weeks ago since Ive been shaving it with razor for the past 5 yrs with SMP

20221218_190858.jpg

Screenshot_20221209_142104_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221213_223130_Samsung Internet.jpg

What do you mean you had two weak transplants previously ? 

• 1 month later...