16 days in and this happened…

Hello Community, on the 16 day after my hairline transplant unfortunately I hit my head against a Shelf just on the Recipient area. There was some blood and this made me panic. I contacted my surgeon, and he said I should be fine on 16 day it’s the same as if I would hit my head normally without having transplant done. I had a small skin rupture, which for I was adviced to go to the next ambulance for cleaning and disinfecting. The doctor applied a little bit wound glue on the 1 cm spot, and said not to worry. I know my surgeon said already it should not be a huge problem but I’m still really worried, so I decided to ask if anyone who is experienced with this topic, can tell by the pictures ( first just after hitting my head/ second after doctor cleaned it ) if it will affect  the final result, and maybe hairs/density will be lost ? 

02A67079-9968-4E56-AB81-61DEE9E3B204.jpeg

73C88D3D-5C1E-459B-BE1A-270E21767DBE.jpeg

Oh no! That sounds awful and I definitely understand the panic. I think doing this very thing after a HT is one of the biggest anxieties for us post-op.

Echoing the others (and your doctor) and letting you know that the grafts are extremely secure and you didn't damage them. By two weeks post-op at the latest, those grafts are locked in... So you're good! 

• Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

5 hours ago, pkipling said:

Oh no! That sounds awful and I definitely understand the panic. I think doing this very thing after a HT is one of the biggest anxieties for us post-op.

Echoing the others (and your doctor) and letting you know that the grafts are extremely secure and you didn't damage them. By two weeks post-op at the latest, those grafts are locked in... So you're good! 

Thank you so much, I feel know even better after reading it 🙏😅

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You may have had a good bang on the head but don't worry. You are more than two weeks post op and this would not have damaged the grafts anymore than your native grafts. You're fine but I understand the concern. All the best!

I feel so much more relaxed after this, thanks 🙏 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ray35 said:

Yep what Gatsby said... you're gonna be ok... but dang I def understand the worry with it after wacking her head like that and having to deal with all that. But you're good bud, rest easy.

I feel relief 😮💨🙏 Thank you ! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

At 16 days you have nothing to worry about, the grafts are secured.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.