How do I get my refund.

So I was due to have a hair transplant with a clinic in London. 4 days before the surgery I was called and told a list of medication I needed to stop taking 1 week before surgery including blood thinners that I was on. I asked them why I was being told to stop taking medication only 4 days before if it required 7 and ended up having to pull out. I gave 3 days notice that I couldn’t go through with it for the reason that I wasn’t given enough time to stop my medication and fast forward 3 days the clinic calls me asking where I am and why I hadn’t showed for the appointment. I pointed out that I had give them notice and included the response email the practice gave me. They are now saying I have wasted their time and won’t give me a refund. Does anyone know what I should do now as it’s £1,500 down the drain and I’d really like it back. 

many thanks 

1 hour ago, mathewdawson1989 said:

So I was due to have a hair transplant with a clinic in London. 4 days before the surgery I was called and told a list of medication I needed to stop taking 1 week before surgery including blood thinners that I was on. I asked them why I was being told to stop taking medication only 4 days before if it required 7 and ended up having to pull out. I gave 3 days notice that I couldn’t go through with it for the reason that I wasn’t given enough time to stop my medication and fast forward 3 days the clinic calls me asking where I am and why I hadn’t showed for the appointment. I pointed out that I had give them notice and included the response email the practice gave me. They are now saying I have wasted their time and won’t give me a refund. Does anyone know what I should do now as it’s £1,500 down the drain and I’d really like it back. 

many thanks 

you ask to speak with the physician or the owner of the clinic. You explain what happened. Most likely he will offer another date. 

if they give you a hard time, report them to the business and medical board. No legit clinic would give you a hard time about this. 

Assuming everything you are saying is truth.

• Administrators

Whats the name of the clinic?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

They did offer me another date. But unfortunately cause the clinic had already moved my original date twice I no longer had the annual leave to take in which to have the surgery. So another date is no longer an option. And I believe I was emailing directly with the clinic owner. I don’t want to name the practice just yet as I have threatened to take legal action and don’t want them being able to see the advice I am given here. But it was in Paddington and the Google reviews I have seen since have made me realise it was a lucky escape. However I still want my deposit back.

• Valued Contributor

To be honest suing 'anyone' for fifteen hundred pounds is not worth it. I've been there and done that in business. Suing someone for 'fifteen thousand pounds plus'  may be worth it. The first letter of demand will set you back about twenty five hundred quid. If you feel that you have made a lucky escape from having surgery with this clinic see this as the best fifteen hundred pounds that you have ever spent to have your scalp in tact. I don't mean to sound dismissive of your situation at all and I hope they return every penny. But if they haven't damaged you then you may be throwing good money after bad. All the best.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, mathewdawson1989 said:

Yeah, I naively assumed a registered surgeon was going to be reputable. And to be fair I had been referred through a friend who had had a successful transplant themselves so trusted the advice. Surely there is somewhere in Britain to go, no? 

There probably are some great surgeons somewhere in the UK but none with consistent results you can find online on hair loss forums, none that I've come across anyway. I'll be travelling from New Zealand to Turkey next year for my second transplant. Don't let location be a factor, remember you'll be looking at this everyday for the rest of your life - assuming you own a mirror lol 

• Administrators
On 12/2/2022 at 3:04 AM, mathewdawson1989 said:

Yeah, I naively assumed a registered surgeon was going to be reputable. And to be fair I had been referred through a friend who had had a successful transplant themselves so trusted the advice. Surely there is somewhere in Britain to go, no? 

Take a look at our recommendations 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:04 PM, mathewdawson1989 said:

You're a train trip away from some of the best surgeons in the world:

Bisanga

Feriduni

Pinto

Couto

Freitas

Especially since you have no more annual leave, why not consult with some of these surgeons and then book your surgery? 

• Like 1