Am I a good candidate for a transplant? Stressing out like crazy here....

Talk with the doctor and try the medication. If Finasteride works, then use the 12-24 months time you need to allow it to show results and halting further loss will allow you an opportunity to be a better candidate. Right now, you're not completely unsuitable but you have crown loss that could worsen and with medication it could reverse. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, thewonderfulpooper said:

Thanks. Does that type of crown loss usually mean unsuitable candidate for example if I don't respond well to finasteride?

It's not just the crown but the diffuse thinning on the mid scalp that you might be able to address with medication. 

If you have crown loss and plan to restore it, you need more grafts there to sort it out and it's known as a Black Hole for this reason so any ground medication can recover would be better. 

People imo underestimate the timescale to allow medication to work properly if you begin to respond. 

How old are you? 

• Administrators

How old are you? It appears you have retrograde alopecia and diffuse hair loss. You really should be examined in person, preferably with a microscopic evaluation of your donor. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.