Please help !

Hi , so my story is I’m 42 not on any hair loss medication but recently my hair loss has increased , I had an appt booked with a hair transplant clinic but they said it’s best not to do the appt yes as my hair loss could be active , I have an appt with a dermatologist to check , but once it gets sorted will I still be able to get a hair transplant , pics are attached thanks for your help , the last picture was in feb this year so it has gotten worse since then 

68B51F02-B07A-43C2-AA1F-F801F8BEA3EE.jpeg

35D19A36-FF31-438A-AE9E-EBB576029B2F.jpeg

D90C240E-F260-4E09-8386-F772BD5F504B.jpeg

B64A1A07-A8FB-4EB8-995B-202EA0A9845D.jpeg

FDE70C4A-839C-4B69-949B-DB695E5CD34E.jpeg

99A2074E-395C-47A9-B165-25EF25952496.jpeg

I’m not doctor by all means, but here’s my two cents. Medication will help with stabilizing the hair loss. Finasteride will at least halt hairloss and possibly promote a bit of growth (varies), and minoxidil is supposed to just make the current hair a bit stronger and promote growth as well (varies). I would say definitively take fin. Minoxidil might be able to help on top, can’t say much because Minox works in two different ways from my experience. It can either promote hair growth, or, slowly removes hair which means those were the weak hair follicles that were going to eventually fall out, which is what happened to me

feedback is start Fin and Minox, and get multiple opinions from different HT surgeons. Good luck

Edited by Randomdude
  • Like 1

You have a bit of retrograde alopecia so your donor is not huge. Your donor hair seems decent though. 
First and foremost, your alopecia needs to stabilize. Meds would be a great idea.

I would be highly skeptical if any doctor told you just to do transplants with 0 medication.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red42 said:

Not sure , just never really noticed till now , but I hope medication will help ?

yes it will stop the fallout, I would get on it ASAP.  if you get side effects you can reduce the dosage and still get benefits.

You are likely a HT candidate. I would take medication for at least 8 months first, however. Get on finasteride 1 mg 3 days/week, and use foam minoxidil 6 days/week all over the top of the scalp. You should not schedule any HT procedure just yet; wait a few months into taking medication and then evaluate to get a better sense of what area will need to be covered in a transplant. I'd look at having a HT in 8-12 months time. 

Edited by general-etwan