Booked my surgery date with Dr. Rahal!

Reptile

Wow, after months of research I've finally booked my surgery date with Dr. Rahal today. I'm scheduled for March 2009. I'm sad with the money I'm putting in but at the same time very excited and hoping for a great end result. I will be getting around 4000 grafts from front to just close to the crown area. I'm already taking proscar (1.25mg) and applying minoxidil daily, okay that's it for now, back to my scalp laxity exercises.

Wow, after months of research I've finally booked my surgery date with Dr. Rahal today. I'm scheduled for March 2009. I'm sad with the money I'm putting in but at the same time very excited and hoping for a great end result. I will be getting around 4000 grafts from front to just close to the crown area. I'm already taking proscar (1.25mg) and applying minoxidil daily, okay that's it for now, back to my scalp laxity exercises.

Reptile,

Congratulations on your confirmed surgery date. March will be here in no time. Real please for you man, and with Dr, Rahal, Im sure you have made the perfect choice.

Plus, with you meds and scalp exercises, you seem to be preparing perfectly.

Any pre HT pics for the moment?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Originally posted by Raphael84:

Reptile,

Congratulations on your confirmed surgery date. March will be here in no time. Real please for you man, and with Dr, Rahal, Im sure you have made the perfect choice.

Plus, with you meds and scalp exercises, you seem to be preparing perfectly.

Any pre HT pics for the moment?

Hi Raphael84, I posted a couple of pics before on one of the topics, here is one I took a couple of months before, I usually shave it down for my hairpiece attachment. Now I'm growing it out a bit (top middle to back portion) but as you can see the front is pretty much bald and from the middle to back is thin.

top.thumb.JPG.49971996560f9eb446d13a09e602470b.JPG

Reptile,

I too have booked my HT with Dr Rahal for February 2nd. I will also be receiving approximately 4000 grafts. Good luck and I will be posting my results post HT. I am extremely impressed with Dr. Rahal's results and I am very excited to get it done. We should be looking pretty good come August and September. Take care, Clint

Congrats to all of you for choosing Dr. Rahal!! The experience you have before, during, and after surgery is top notch with him and his wonderful staff.

Now begin counting down the days until you head in to the chair!!

Reptile- I would consider beginning to not wear the hairpiece to get people used to seeing you without hair. When healing post surgery, I believe it has been found to be better not to wear the hairpiece for survival of the newly transplanted hair. Maybe begin wearing a hat or something so people get used to the change. Just a suggestion. If you haven't already, you should discuss post-op use of the hairpiece with Dr. Rahal.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by Clint69:

Reptile,

I too have booked my HT with Dr Rahal for February 2nd. I will also be receiving approximately 4000 grafts. Good luck and I will be posting my results post HT. I am extremely impressed with Dr. Rahal's results and I am very excited to get it done. We should be looking pretty good come August and September. Take care, Clint

Thanks Clint, I hope you all the best also! I'm hoping if there are any cancellations or changes before my date on March 20th then I can get that.

Originally posted by Reptile:
Originally posted by Reptile:
Originally posted by Eman:

Congrats to all of you for choosing Dr. Rahal!! The experience you have before, during, and after surgery is top notch with him and his wonderful staff.

Now begin counting down the days until you head in to the chair!!

Reptile- I would consider beginning to not wear the hairpiece to get people used to seeing you without hair. When healing post surgery, I believe it has been found to be better not to wear the hairpiece for survival of the newly transplanted hair. Maybe begin wearing a hat or something so people get used to the change. Just a suggestion. If you haven't already, you should discuss post-op use of the hairpiece with Dr. Rahal.

Hi Eman, I did discuss with Dr. Rahal and he strongly recommends against wearing a Hairpiece post HT. I wanted to wear it 15-16 days Post HT with clips around the back and sides and maybe tape in the front, nothing touching the grafted areas. I will have to see what I can do as my current job is an office job where I attend meetings and meet with clients, so it is difficult to wear a hat. I know Pat on here was also wearing a hairpiece post surgery with clips, I do work from home on occasion up to around 3 days a week, so in reality I would probably have the piece on 2 out of the 7 days in the week and even on those 2 days I would take off the piece when I got home after work. But I will see what I can do as Dr. Rahal still believes to not have a foreign object touching the grafts.

Hey Reptile is there any way you could get some time off to avoid taking any chances with the hair piece? People sometimes laugh at how cautious I am since my HT but I believe we make such a large investment financially and emotionally in these HTs that we should baby our grafts as much as possible. I wanted to wish you the best of luck. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by wantego:

Hey Reptile is there any way you could get some time off to avoid taking any chances with the hair piece? People sometimes laugh at how cautious I am since my HT but I believe we make such a large investment financially and emotionally in these HTs that we should baby our grafts as much as possible. I wanted to wish you the best of luck. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the good wishes wantego. I wish I can take more time off from work, I could take around 3 weeks and then another week to work from home making it 4 weeks but I need to save my vacation for the summer. I will be taking a week off from work and then work from home another week from home so no wearing a hairpiece or even a hat for around 15-16 days. It's what I do after I will have to see. If I do take the route to wear the hairpiece, I would probably only do it 2 days out of the 7 and wear it only during office hours and then take it off when I get home. Thanks for your comments.

Rep-

With the amount of time and money spent for the procedure, I would recommend you do not wear the piece at all...I realize how hard that would be. "Suffering" a couple of months without the piece will allow your scalp to breathe and heal correctly. Also, it won't hinder growth.

I have read about several people on this and other forums who have not got the results they expected due to the wearing of the piece.

People are used to seeing you one way now, so like I suggested earlier, you may want to remove the piece, shave down and go with that look until the HT.

My initial HT thread:

Clint, Reptile - congrats! Rahal is top notch. Give my love to Sylvie (Front Desk of the Adams Airport Inn) ;-)

@ reptile: Eman is right. Don't take the risk of poor growth. You shouldn't wear your piece in the next couple of months.

wow...so many rahal patients in such small space of time...this is going to make comparisons with one another soo much easier...we may as well open up a 'rahal results' thread where guys like us update each month to show each other our progresses and where we are heading to..just an idea lol....anyways good luck to you reptile...if you are staying at adams inn, you cannot miss moe the taxi driver, hes a legend- im sure dedom and eman would agree lol!

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Originally posted by DeDom:

Clint, Reptile - congrats! Rahal is top notch. Give my love to Sylvie (Front Desk of the Adams Airport Inn) ;-)

@ reptile: Eman is right. Don't take the risk of poor growth. You shouldn't wear your piece in the next couple of months.

Sounds good, thanks for the comments, I haven't looked for any place to stay yet, so "Adams Airport Inn" is pretty close I'm assuming.

Originally posted by azza786:

wow...so many rahal patients in such small space of time...this is going to make comparisons with one another soo much easier...we may as well open up a 'rahal results' thread where guys like us update each month to show each other our progresses and where we are heading to..just an idea lol....anyways good luck to you reptile...if you are staying at adams inn, you cannot miss moe the taxi driver, hes a legend- im sure dedom and eman would agree lol!

That's a pretty good idea Azza786, I don't mind having such thread. I will look into Adams inn, Moe eh, okay I'll keep him in mind, I can picture him as The Simpson's character, lol.

Adams Inn is perfect as the staff is used to seeing us guys in the blue hats and they are super accomodating. The cost is also less than some of the other options. It is not the Ritz or even the Marriott, but it is clean, the staff is helpful and won't look at you as though you are an alien.

My initial HT thread:

Ask for room no. 120. I think my room was much bigger than Azzas (126). And it's only a few metres to the breakfast buffet and to the ice machine which is very important. Even much more important: Sylvie (the girl at the front desk) has Moes cell phone number. You'll need it...

I stayed at the Crown Plaza because I figured it would be good to be close walking distance to a lot of restaurants and stuff. It also had free internet access/computers in their business office. Too bad I didnt find out about the free computers until my 4th day in Canada. They also have a nice restaurant/bar in the hotel. It is farther away from the doctors office than the Adams so it cost me around $20-$23 (including the tip) in a taxi each way to the doctor.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

wantego,

Your having a second surgery? If I am correct, you are only about 6 months out from your first and already have a nice thick head of hair.

Where are you going to put more hair? icon_smile.gif

Bill

LOL I said I stayed at the Crown Plaza not that I'm going back. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs