Booked my surgery date with Dr. Rahal!

Reptile

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Wantego,

I now feel better knowing that Spex made the same mistake I did icon_smile.gif

Spex, I think this just shows that both of us have been working too hard and need some time off icon_smile.gif

Bill

LOL, I think Spex was talking to me since I'm the original poster, you were weren't you Spex? icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Reptile,

Probably. Bill messes up again icon_smile.gif.

Maybe I should stay away from this thread from now on since I can't seem to get it right lol.

But anyway...congratulations to YOU for booking with a fine surgeon. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

Hey don't sweat it Bill, you can't be blamed for anything especially with all the different posts you reply to throughout the day. Thanks for the congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I am new to this site! I am booked with Rahal for January 12 09.

I must say I am excited to the results and a little scared of the actual surgery! I am hoping the drugs will relax me!

As I am a real estate agent I am a little concerned about what people will think about me wearing a hat all the time after the surgery. Honestly how long until I can stop wearing a hat?

It seems as though everyone here is happy with the results from Rahal! That is great news! I am looking forward to it and will post pictures soon!

Cheers

canadian_buba

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Hey Predator

I live in Ottawa so im lucky I dont have to travel for the surgery.

Im a Norwood 3. I will be getting about 3500 grafts in January. Im excited about it and have a hard time not thinking about it.

Rahal sayd I will need to shave the "tuff" of hair at the front for the surgery which will allow for better placement of the grafts.

The purpose of course is till fill in the week centre, and rebuild the hair line. Any idea of how long I should be expecting to be hiding my head under a hat?

Let me know

Buba

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Hi Buba

I hate to give advice as there are many who are more qualified. I had enough hair to cover the operation site, don't know how it looks with yourself. I had 2886 grafts from Dr Rahal on the 27th of August. I was also a Norwood 3

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...opyID=2175&WebID=920

Dr Rahal is a gentleman who practices his craft with great responsibilty and professionalism, his team are also professional and friendly. If you have to do this you have chosen a good Doctor. That does not mean that you will get the results you require. One tip I have for you..Stay in bed for three days after the OP and look at the ceiling.

Dr Rahal gives out a list of post OP instructions. One of them is to sleep for 3 days at 45 degress- Very uncomfortable on the Strip. It does not state remain for three days in that position. So I was up and running around the Adams Inn, having telephone conferences working on my laptop, walking through the Jewish cemetery. As a result the saline solution that they use on your head to prevent infection runs down between the eyes and you get the most unbelievable swelling- see my blog-If you stay in the 45 it runs down the temples and does not effect the face so badly. I am still having problems with the results of the swelling under my eyes.

• 4 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I've been following a lot of these emails and wanted to ask Reptile why the change from originally thinking of Dr Robert jones?

I'm very serious in doing this surgery and have seen negative and positive reviews on him. One thing I have noticed is that he personally when on this has asked those people that complained to show proof and welcomed it....I never saw one piece of this proof from any?

I see that Dr Rahal is a very good doctor and have found from past readings that Reptile was interested in Dr J and then changed his mind somehwere along the way? I did read a spot that cost was a factor and Dr j was less?

Maybe you guys can help me with the experiences you've had and heard between the 2\two...who would you choose?

Thanks for your help

Thinline,

the difference between these two is night and day and i'm not even exaggerating here!!!

the day being Rahal and night Jones.

not long ago he was considered to be 'recommended' here, but after showcasing his best results the consensus was that his CHERRY PICKED results were not good enough, so he got turned down by the members here rightfully so. plus there were some horror stories with him making the huge scars, low yields etc. on few occasions.

so to sum it up for you, you simply can't compare Rahal to Jones because Rahal and few other surgeons are in the class of their own.

---------------------------------------------

BTW Reptile any updates bro???

Originally posted by Thinline:

Hello Everyone,

I've been following a lot of these emails and wanted to ask Reptile why the change from originally thinking of Dr Robert jones?

I'm very serious in doing this surgery and have seen negative and positive reviews on him. One thing I have noticed is that he personally when on this has asked those people that complained to show proof and welcomed it....I never saw one piece of this proof from any?

I see that Dr Rahal is a very good doctor and have found from past readings that Reptile was interested in Dr J and then changed his mind somehwere along the way? I did read a spot that cost was a factor and Dr j was less?

Maybe you guys can help me with the experiences you've had and heard between the 2\two...who would you choose?

Thanks for your help

Hi Thinline,

Here's a link to my thread about my HT with Dr. Rahal - http://hair-restoration-info.c...421052263#3421052263

I haven't heard of Dr. Robert Jones. I would advise going with a Surgeon who is recommended on this site.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions just ask.

King Crown,

the crown looks way better and the improvement is big time. i'm quite the opposite from you as my crown is intact but my frontal area is messed up.

it's good to see that crown can be fixed and that the 'black hole' stigma is just not true for some people or surgeons icon_wink.gif

i'm very happy for you.

MR. GQ,

Thanks for the compliment. I've gone from a NW 3 Vertex to the look of a full head of hair with a slightly thinning crown. Which is great with only 2800 grafts and like you say the crown being a black hole.

Thinline,

Dr. Rahal does insist on shaving, I didn't choose to. I paid about $10000 CAD for mine including flights, hotels, etc. Check out Dr. Rahal's website for his current prices.

I have to say Kingcrown that after ony 5.5 months it looks fantastic! I only hope I get results like that in the frontal area. I guess you can say I'm an N5 in the frontal and maybe an N3 in the crown.

My dream is to have a hairline again and I can't wait to get this done. I may be looking at Dr Cam Simmons now. He sounds like a great surgeon as well when reading about him on here and his results look just as good as Dr Rahal's.

Have you heard of him?