Hair Maturation

Does anyone know if transplanted hair that does NOT shed also goes through a maturation process, or is the hair already in a mature state and continues as such until it eventually sheds as per a normal hair cycle?

In other words, will hair that doesn't shed also thicken and mature?

Thanks!

• Confused 1

I think if it doesn't shed it would grow as it was until it did shed, but not thicken or mature it's still the same shaft and follicle.... that'd be my guess. So yeah already in mature state. I had like a small area not shed and stay full looking while everything around shed... then the new hairs around came in and looked all wispy compared to that area but as time went on it all blended and looked the same.

• Thanks 1

If you are one of the very lucky few who don’t experience hair shedding or even if only a few of the transplanted hairs don’t shed, those that continue to grow from the day of your hair transplant procedure are already mature and will stay that way. For those hairs that do shed, when new growth begins to occur between 3 to 5 months, those new hairs typically start as thin, fine and colorless and with time become darker, thicker and mature.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.