HELP..!!! Bumped into the car and dislodged 4 grafts visibly

It’s my second day post hair transplant and was about to travel to the airport from the hotel and just bumped into the car door while getting inside and dislodged the grafts. Rushed to the hospital under 15mins and got them planted under 20-25 mins

what are the chances if it’s survival?

E07FF172-F6CF-483F-B4AA-0376C5AA51AC.jpeg

2CD979E2-9498-4A70-84C7-69C466749A86.jpeg

Thanks for your soothing words @StillAlive . In that case I am Ok but I am very scared at this point as I am in the airport waiting to get on the plane and travel 😰

God help me in not hitting anything or anyone in the way or again the cab on my way back

It’s scarier than anything to me right now 😭😭

3 hours ago, Cosmos said:

Rushed to the hospital under 15mins and got them planted under 20-25 mins

Can you please clarify - so right after you dislodged the grafts you went to a local hospital and they re-implanted the dislodged grafts?

Strange to me that a hospital has hair transplant capabilities, let alone you got this done so quickly.

No @HappyMan2021 , you got it wrong, I got the hair transplant from Eugenix Gurgaon, and stayed at Doubletree Hilton Hotel, as a hotel service they drop you at the airport while you checkout, so while I was getting into the cab for the airport, I bumped into the door as it was a short sedan and immediately asked the driver to rush to Eugenix and I reached there in 15mins max. and explained it to the doctors there the condition and they immediately got a technician and a nee implanter and got the grafts reimplanted in like 15mins. So the total time the grafts were outside the scalp were around 25-30mins and reimplanted. So my query was would it be safe time for the grafts to survive and my main concern and fear is that I am waiting in the airport and need tips for a safe journey home and not get bumped anywhere 😭😭

• Like 1

@Cosmosdude I’m so with you with this 

I did precisely the same thing in Dec 19 on my way to airport from Clinic ..My surgery finished up around 7pm 23 Dec ..on my to airport approx 3 am morning 24 Bam !! Full force bump onto the inside roof of the small dinky cars they used back then .i was still a little groggy from  the relaxers ..ultimately all worked out ok ..no blood 

Did the same Darn thing 6 days post HT 2 ( pic attached) ..drew a little blood but again all turned out ok ..bumped the head off a Door frame 5 ft high castle door 🏰 ..both occasions I was called out to mind my head ( the calling out is what caused the momentary lapse in concentration and subsequent bumps !! 

you’ll be absolutely fine …

77C46C49-EB5E-49B0-9F4A-A69157C19663.jpeg

Edited by Zoomster

I am so happy for you @Zoomster as there has been no damage, I am still worried about my way home, every second is like eternity to pass on, and coming to the grafts I was clearly said that I had very low donor area and the beard was almost used up and the maximum they can extract in the future if further transplant is required in future it would be at max. 1000 from scalp if completely used up and 400 from beard if the whole beard is removed and doctors clearly said to hold on to my grafts and this happened and now I am shaking like a bird in the storm to reach home and stay safe for the next 5-6 days 😭😭😭

6 minutes ago, Cosmos said:

I am so happy for you @Zoomster as there has been no damage, I am still worried about my way home, every second is like eternity to pass on, and coming to the grafts I was clearly said that I had very low donor area and the beard was almost used up and the maximum they can extract in the future if further transplant is required in future it would be at max. 1000 from scalp if completely used up and 400 from beard if the whole beard is removed and doctors clearly said to hold on to my grafts and this happened and now I am shaking like a bird in the storm to reach home and stay safe for the next 5-6 days 😭😭😭

It’s funny ..you will totally forget about this incident in a matter of a week or so …but i hear you .i flew home to Dublin via Istanbul in 2019..I was sitting right opposite two Irish guys who had Turkish HTs ..one of them  bumped his head while reaching across his buddy in middle seat to take his own window seat ..

I have one word for you "Relax"

Unfortunately , Bumping your head on a car is not uncommon following a Hair Transplant primarily coz you are trying to be very careful.

Unless you managed to knock out dozen of grafts which i doubt it wouldn't make a noticeable difference in your final results

Stick to your aftercare

Good Luck

Thanks for your kind words @Rawkerboi , by god’s grace and all the kind deeds of Vistara Airlines staff (I booked for a premium economy seat but had people on both sides so even before the boarding started asked them to get me a seat where I am least in contact with people and they were so kind to get me an aisle with no one in the middle and I requested them to let me in first and later when landing asked them to get me out first and they had let me out even before the business class. Vistara staff is great, perhaps the best) I reached home safe and all the grafts on head 🥹

Edited by Cosmos

This story is really fascinating to me. 

Wouldnt bacteria or whatever get in the dislodged grafts being in the cab and everything? Its way different than having grafts be in a sterile operating room

Were you given any anesthetic for the reimplantation or were you stone cold sober? I imagine it would be painful to get grafts implanted without lidocaine, etc. 

Even for a reinplantation into the exact same holes, would the angle of hair and depth need to be considered? 

This is the first ive heard of an ad hoc transplant done in 25 minutes or so.

I just hope the reimplanted grafts wont be badly angled or botched in some other fashion. 

Nice questions @HappyMan2021 , as far as I know I haven’t touched either my scalp or the grafts, I had hit the roof of the car door and realised I messed it up and checked the displaced grafts were stuck in the surgeons hair mask I was wearing which was sterile from inside and the grafts and took a picture of the scalp and didn’t touch it either and once I reached the hospital grafts were examined and sprayed with saline water and they used new implanters and quickly wore new gloves and doubled them too to get rid of the chance of infection and I have the doubt about the grafts being alive as well for which the doctor said “There are things which are sometimes beyond science, just hope for the best”

They checked the scalp and the grafts and confirmed that it was 4 missing holes and 4 found grafts 😅

And coming to the anaesthesia I bit the bullet and let the implanter do his job 🤐

And with their experience I highly doubt the angles would be wrong but I still hope the grafts are alive

And from the picture I can’t even make a decision where they were implanted

76582949-5175-471B-8D0E-03371B2EB5CB.jpeg

CBE7CDE7-450B-4820-A456-2EDAAD4B54DF.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

I bumped my head on a shower door one time and lost a graft. If you can get to a Dr within a few hours afterwards then it can be reinserted. Otherwise just forget about it. A couple of grafts is not going to ruin an entire transplant. If it's not along the hairline then you may not even notice once everything is grown in.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

13 hours ago, Cosmos said:

No @HappyMan2021 , you got it wrong, I got the hair transplant from Eugenix Gurgaon, and stayed at Doubletree Hilton Hotel, as a hotel service they drop you at the airport while you checkout, so while I was getting into the cab for the airport, I bumped into the door as it was a short sedan and immediately asked the driver to rush to Eugenix and I reached there in 15mins max. and explained it to the doctors there the condition and they immediately got a technician and a nee implanter and got the grafts reimplanted in like 15mins. So the total time the grafts were outside the scalp were around 25-30mins and reimplanted. So my query was would it be safe time for the grafts to survive and my main concern and fear is that I am waiting in the airport and need tips for a safe journey home and not get bumped anywhere 😭😭

Most likely they won’t survive. Grafts will dry out within 4-5 minutes max. 25 minutes for sure they will dry out. Once dried they are dead. Sorry but just being honest 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

Most likely they won’t survive. Grafts will dry out within 4-5 minutes max. 25 minutes for sure they will dry out. Once dried they are dead. Sorry but just being honest 

They got implanted back and let’s see anyways I will know about it when I am doing the first wash and I am hoping for the best

11 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

Who was ur doctor and what was the Cost? 

It would be best to contact the clinic for any updated costs and the doctors involved in my surgery were Dr.Arika for planning, Dr.Priyadarshini for the slits and the senior staff for the extraction and implantation.

• Like 1

@Cosmos Hey bro! I met you at the clinic, when you were headed out after your dressing. I believe you had a flight to catch for Hyd? I seen you rush back in about 15 mins or so after, I hope for the best, you may not even notice it once it all grows in. Good luck! 

13 minutes ago, ApexB said:

@Cosmos Hey bro! I met you at the clinic, when you were headed out after your dressing. I believe you had a flight to catch for Hyd? I seen you rush back in about 15 mins or so after, I hope for the best, you may not even notice it once it all grows in. Good luck! 

Hi Bro

Glad to see you here !!

Do you remember that ironically right before I left we were talking about an accident where someone lost their grafts and came back for reimplant

Hoping for  the best and this Day 4 itching of scalp is so annoying that I had emptied a whole 500ml of saline 😂

Can’t wait for Day 7 to wash and be free 😅