Am I being impatient/stubborn?

Hi all, 

I'm ready to pull the trigger on my transplant but I'm having a hard time booking it. After a lot of research, I narrowed down my choices to Bicer, Pekiner, and Keser.

I was turned down by Dr. Bicer because according to her team, I do not need a transplant, which I understand to an extant. Dr. Pekiner and Dr. Keser's team are taking quite some time to respond to my messages.

I'm probably just being an ignorant American, but does anyone know if it usually takes an extended period of time to book a transplant with these doctors? 

Also, please drop some names of other doctors I could look into. If I'm being honest, I made my choices laregely based upon the doctor's affordability. Also the fact that they all do the work with little to no help from technicians is very appealing. So I'm looking for doctors with similar criteria. 

Also, feel free to analyze my hairline and offer your comments/concerns. 

Thank you! 

Back Head View #2 (Wet) .jpg

Left View Hairline (Wet) .jpg

Right View Hairline (Wet) .jpg

Front Hairline (Wet) .jpg

If you have a good head of hair (which u do) transplant can make you have great hair. 

if you have ok hair transplant will make you have good hair. 

it’s all relative on where u start. 

if you allready are an 8 out of 10 some people say don’t risk trying to go for perfection. But I think the risk is worth taking as long as u go to a good doctor.

• Like 1

There are so many things wrong with this.

First I think you should NEVER choose a surgeon based off price. If you get something permanent make sure you put the right amount into that. Especially, if its surgical. 

Second, I am hoping that you are on medication (finasteride, minox. etc.) and have been taking it for over a year to stabilize hair loss.

Third, some of the doctors you mentioned do take awhile to respond. I remember when I reached out to Pekiner for a consult, it took over half a year. Some of the doctors also have waiting lists.

Fourth, dont look solely into Turkey because of the price look at surgeons skills. You would be surprised that some of the prices are not that different but the surgeons have far more experience.

Also, I do not think you are a good candidate for a hair transplant. You seem to have very good hair. It doesnt seem like you have a lot of hair loss. A lot of people would love to hair your degree of "hair loss."

Now it doesnt always mean that whats above the surface is perfect. Perhaps take photos in real lighting instead of just artificial light? THat way it can help others visualize the degree of hairloss you have and relate it back to you.

Honestly, I think you should take a step back and relax instead of trying to rush into this. Just remember, whether you have surgery today or next year. The results are going to be permanent, whether they are successful or not. Just do everything you can before hand to maximize your results.

• Like 2

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators

Do nothing! You have a great head of hair that looks good. Maintenance should be your focus. You can reconsider surgery many years down the line should you have visible hair loss. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey everyone, for those that asked about maintenance, I am currently taking min + dut, along w nizoral which has really stabilized things. I have tried incorporating derma rolling so many times but it feels like such a chore. 

To those saying a transplant is unnecessary, I am very aware but my hair loss has really effected my self esteem. I have tried every hair style to find my confidence again, but nothing has worked. Also, I’ve seen people with a very similar pattern of hair loss in this forum have transplants. 

Lastly, I understand affordability should not be the only reason I choose a doctor, which is why I literally have an extensive list of other criteria my doctor must meet.

Thank you all for comments! 

You don’t “need” a hair transplant, you have excellent hair and any surgery would not match the natural density you have at present. 
I have to ask how it’s affecting you’re self esteem? You have to be so careful that If you do get a transplant, there is absolutely no guarantee it will look better than it does at present. The best Hair Transplants are a very good illusion of great hair, you have that already in spades. 

@Pbaird98 yea like I said, from being on this forum, I know the transplant is not necessary/“needed”, but at the same time I can’t deny the toll it’s taken on my confidence. I’m a very social person, and I’ve noticed my hair loss is starting to change that. I avoid outdoor activities to better conceal my receding hairline. I notice when people look at it and so it becomes a distraction during conversations. I’ve even started to avoid eye contact in certain situations because I don’t wanna see people looking at my hairline. 
I know this is all sounds ridiculous but it’s the truth and I know a lot of men can relate. 

I am doing my best to educate myself on the matter to make sure I don’t make a mistake. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Bicer was right to reject you, hell I would reject myself if I had hair like that as lots of us would "kill" to be were you are. 

Dont waste your hair and time as it looks great.

I think that shows her ethics. What a great surgeon.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Davy773 said:

@Pbaird98 yea like I said, from being on this forum, I know the transplant is not necessary/“needed”, but at the same time I can’t deny the toll it’s taken on my confidence. I’m a very social person, and I’ve noticed my hair loss is starting to change that. I avoid outdoor activities to better conceal my receding hairline. I notice when people look at it and so it becomes a distraction during conversations. I’ve even started to avoid eye contact in certain situations because I don’t wanna see people looking at my hairline. 
I know this is all sounds ridiculous but it’s the truth and I know a lot of men can relate. 

I am doing my best to educate myself on the matter to make sure I don’t make a mistake. 

Oh I can totally relate to this, it’s just important to be realistic in what can be achieved. Dr Pekiner and Dr Keser do meticulous work and if you was to choose anyone then yeh these kind of choices would be giving you perhaps the best chance of getting you to where you want to be. It’s not going to match your natural density but they would enhance your hairline, which is you’re choice at the end of the day. I also think Dr Couto and Dr Freitas would be good options, but waiting lists are ridiculous for Couto and Dr Freitas hairlines are not for everyone (Personally I’m a fan) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think that shows her ethics. What a great surgeon.

Yes, she is very ethical. However, I have seen her work with patients who have a very similar form of hair loss. 

3 minutes ago, Davy773 said:

Yes, she is very ethical. However, I have seen her work with patients who have a very similar form of hair loss. 

I don't think you're fully appreciating that baldness is progressive and will get worse over time for like 95% of people. So for you to get a HT now is a bad idea because you will be chasing more HT's throughout the years to keep pace with your progressing baldness. It's good that you're on Dut but what if you continue balding as it seems most people continue to do? What if you end up getting sides and have to get off and go through a big period of loss? 

Alternatively, what if you get a HT and aren't pleased with the result and end up wishing you could do back in time? What if you get shock loss? There's really a lot of ways that HT's can go wrong so it's important to consider this before biting the bullet. With that said, if you want to go ahead with it the chances of you getting an aesthetic improvement are good, just consider that it's likely you will need more HT's in the futre. 

• Like 1