Dr. Das Eugenix

cfmhc

Hi Everyone, 

Just have a question about my hair transplant that I am planning in 2023. I have been pretty set on the idea of Arika Bansal to do my surgery at Eugenix, and came to terms with the fact that even though I am spending over 25,000 Australian dollars she won't even be doing the entire transplant process herself (strange concept to me). 

I have more recently become interested in the work of Dr. Das at Eugenix too, and have consulted them and been quoted a much lower price of only $9000. This is quite interesting to me as her work has looked phenomenal so far!  

My concern is - this lower price does not involve Dr. Das to be involved in implantation at all, only the design, extraction and slits. I have heard many success stories from patients here on HRN about their surgery with Dr. Das, did you guys just have her do the above and then have techs doing the implantation? 

I am really tossing and turning about the whole Eugenix package system where it costs ALOT to have the Dr. themselves heavily involved in the surgeries, but am confiding in their good results so far. 

Any advice would be appreciated :) 

Hello bud, 

Dr. Priyadarshani is a fantastic surgeon. I went with Dr. Bansal premium package years back. I would suggest if you are going for the first HT and you want the best, go with Dr. Bansal SP package or if are composed and relaxed, Dr. Das is a fabulous surgeon too. 

Its just the state of mind that convinces one to opt for the best. Dr. Bansal has no match, good luck, keep us updated 

Personally I prefer Dr Priya's work over Dr Arika from what I've viewed on the forum. 

The design, extraction and slits are the most important parts of the surgery for me. I'm sure the techs have a lot of experience in the implantation aspect. 

9 hours ago, cfmhc said:

Hi Everyone, 

Just have a question about my hair transplant that I am planning in 2023. I have been pretty set on the idea of Arika Bansal to do my surgery at Eugenix, and came to terms with the fact that even though I am spending over 25,000 Australian dollars she won't even be doing the entire transplant process herself (strange concept to me). 

I have more recently become interested in the work of Dr. Das at Eugenix too, and have consulted them and been quoted a much lower price of only $9000. This is quite interesting to me as her work has looked phenomenal so far!  

My concern is - this lower price does not involve Dr. Das to be involved in implantation at all, only the design, extraction and slits. I have heard many success stories from patients here on HRN about their surgery with Dr. Das, did you guys just have her do the above and then have techs doing the implantation? 

I am really tossing and turning about the whole Eugenix package system where it costs ALOT to have the Dr. themselves heavily involved in the surgeries, but am confiding in their good results so far. 

With such a huge price difference, Dr das work is good. I would pick Dr das unless you are a rich fellow. 

• Like 1

I was scheduled for dr das but, she got sick so i got arika's package complementary. For the differences between surgeons, if any. Is extremely tiny given the price difference between the two doctors. All the extractions and, plantings will be done by technicians. Arika will only do the slits and, leave. She'll check in for about 2 minutes every 6-7 hours( my surgery was 18 hrs in total) other than that, the hairline planning/design takes about 5 minutes. My package difference between arika and das was around $8,000

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 6:17 AM, cfmhc said:

Hi Everyone, 

How many grafts do you need?

As you can see below I went with Dr. Das and even though she was minimally involved in the actual relocation of grafts, I had an excellent experience and all of the technicians did an amazingly high quality job. It’s no risky hair mill. They are great.  

48 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

How many grafts do you need?

As you can see below I went with Dr. Das and even though she was minimally involved in the actual relocation of grafts, I had an excellent experience and all of the technicians did an amazingly high quality job. It’s no risky hair mill. They are great.  

in that case, it is a hit or miss. When the doctor is minimally involved techs come and go. it is hard to know what you are getting. i was thinking maybe dr das being a junior doctor will be more involved in the surgery. but doesnt sould like thats a case. 

2 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

in that case, it is a hit or miss. When the doctor is minimally involved techs come and go. it is hard to know what you are getting. i was thinking maybe dr das being a junior doctor will be more involved in the surgery. but doesnt sould like thats a case. 

Have you had a procedure at Eugenix?

Not hit or miss with them. Only senior techs can extract and implant and none of them are “come and go”; they’ve all been there many years and are all trained in the high quality art of Sethi and Bansal. Dr. Das is also a senior doctor. No juniors are making any incisions or doing any planning or design. 

I know that may not mean much to the HT community at large because it traditionally assumes that a single super senior doctor (founding doctor) must do the majority of the physical work for a clinic to be high quality. That may be true more times than not across the entire industry, but Eugenix has built something spectacular because of the extremely high quality standards they set for everyone who works on patients. 

Edited by general-etwan

52 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Have you had a procedure at Eugenix?

Not hit or miss with them. Only senior techs can extract and implant and none of them are “come and go”; they’ve all been there many years and are all trained in the high quality art of Sethi and Bansal. Dr. Das is also a senior doctor. No juniors are making any incisions or doing any planning or design. 

I know that may not mean much to the HT community at large because it traditionally assumes that a single super senior doctor (founding doctor) must do the majority of the physical work for a clinic to be high quality. That may be true more times than not across the entire industry, but Eugenix has built something spectacular because of the extremely high quality standards they set for everyone who works on patients. 

no i have not had a procedure at Eugenix. I am not denying the techs can do good work, but you really believe a tech that was hired a month ago and working on a patient will tell the patient, hey buddy I am practicing on you. Everyone starts somewhere don't they? 

I am sorry, people can have their opinion but I dont have any respect for doctors that choose not to be in operating room with THEIR patient while he/she is being operated on. I dont care how good or bad the work is period. 

3 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

no i have not had a procedure at Eugenix. I am not denying the techs can do good work, but you really believe a tech that was hired a month ago and working on a patient will tell the patient, hey buddy I am practicing on you. Everyone starts somewhere don't they? 

I am sorry, people can have their opinion but I dont have any respect for doctors that choose not to be in operating room with THEIR patient while he/she is being operated on. I dont care how good or bad the work is period. 

Ok, good for you then!

There are some doctors who can do amazing work all by themselves, with almost no tech assistants; those doctors are few and far between, and they are limited in how much they can grow their businesses and how many people they can help.

A doctor who wishes to grow his or her business and help more people needs to hire high-quality technicians and multiple other doctors to oversee transplants. That can absolutely be done while still retaining high, original standards if done correctly. 

A doctor who does everything is also no guarantee of high-quality, as can be seen by many poor transplants by doctors who do all the work themselves all across this forum and others.

I'd bet that most people in life care about results above all else and will be making their judgements based on that.

Edited by general-etwan

There are rare clinics where doctors insert grafts. Usually technicians do it. In Eugenix that is always done by technicians. When you chose Arika or Sethi you are promised to get most experienced technicians. But in practice technicians change a lot, what is sort of normal, since no one can work 12 hours and more. So at some time there was 2 technicians working and at other moment there was 5. I believe you can go with Dr Das and save some money. I am sure all technicians work at some standard. 

Edited by Monero

3 hours ago, Monero said:

There are rare clinics where doctors insert grafts. Usually technicians do it. In Eugenix that is always done by technicians. When you chose Arika or Sethi you are promised to get most experienced technicians. But in practice technicians change a lot, what is sort of normal, since no one can work 12 hours and more. So at some time there was 2 technicians working and at other moment there was 5. I believe you can go with Dr Das and save some money. I am sure all technicians work at some standard. 

Recently did mine and I chose the dr bansal package. 

she did the slits, and hairline design. 

she also checked the grafts in first day. 

second day she was not there, and the techs who worked with me were the same. 

they have been working with eugenix for 7-8 years.. 

I believe there was a question about where they require techs to witness a minimum amount of procedures before they touch a patient. 

not 100% sure on that  

• Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022