I was wondering if anyone tried PRP (platelet rich plasma) and A-cell Bio enhancement with their Transplant.

I was watching an interesting video yesterday from Sam Lam Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Acell Technology to Improve Hair Transplant Results.

I am wondering if anyone tried it with a transplant? He says it acts like a fertilizer and helps improve graft survival rate.

I inquired about A-cell pre-surgery and doctor stated it was more for FUE healing.

I did, if you ask me - complete B\S don't waste your money
Friend of mine kept it going for a whole year, I think 8 shots total, paid thousands, yet his "results" seem nothing more than a man on Finasteride, which is like 20th the cost

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, Mike1J said:

I did, if you ask me - complete B\S don't waste your money
Friend of mine kept it going for a whole year, I think 8 shots total, paid thousands, yet his "results" seem nothing more than a man on Finasteride, which is like 20th the cost

Well … finasteride is the cheapest and most effective way to prevent hair loss/ maintain/ regrow. 

the problem is most people don’t want to take finasteride; so the other options are prp, laser caps, minoxidil, etc. none of these work nearly as well and are many times more expensive than finasteride.  But for people that don’t want to take finasteride but still want to try to maintain their hair they have to fork out the big bucks… 

If your friends results are similar to a guy on finasteride that itself points anecdotally to the fact that prp worked

2 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

Well … finasteride is the cheapest and most effective way to prevent hair loss/ maintain/ regrow. 

the problem is most people don’t want to take finasteride; so the other options are prp, laser caps, minoxidil, etc. none of these work nearly as well and are many times more expensive than finasteride.  But for people that don’t want to take finasteride but still want to try to maintain their hair they have to fork out the big bucks… 

If your friends results are similar to a guy on finasteride that itself points anecdotally to the fact that prp worked

I meant that if I were to guess what hairloss treatment my friend was receiving I'd guess Finasteride, but nowhere near good results or a reverse \ regrow. 
Yes it's an alternative, however I personally believe that for those who suffer from sides on Fin or are scared, should try 0.5MG \ day or every other day, and see if higher dosage needed based on how you feel. 
I'm not taking full 1MG per day and after nearly 2 years on this medication I can clearly see how the hairs have thickened (not regrew, just look and feel healthier and stronger) with no side effects at all. 
As opposed to multiple PRP sessions that costed way more, and did absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

I did prp for my recent transplant but I did it more sir to address my vitiligo on the scalp as it can help repigment the area so that’s why I did it and if it helps the grafts grow and the donor to heal quick wouldn’t mind that too 🤷🏽‍♂️ But hopefully my vitiligo gets better with new hair grafts there and the prp 

Personally i don't think there's enough science to back it up that PRP alone does anything effective by itself for hair loss and for the cost, it's basically modern day snake oil. 

That said, i did get it with my HT and there is evidence to suggest some benefits in particular situations but paying through the nose isn't a good idea. 

You are better off with Finasteride, Minoxidil and Microneedling as your core protocols and using Nizoral with 2% ketoconazole and making sure your vitamin levels and scalp health is maintained at an optimum. That's the real "fertiliser" if you ask me. Making sure your scalp health is good. 

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Personally i don't think there's enough science to back it up that PRP alone does anything effective by itself for hair loss and for the cost, it's basically modern day snake oil. 

That said, i did get it with my HT and there is evidence to suggest some benefits in particular situations but paying through the nose isn't a good idea. 

You are better off with Finasteride, Minoxidil and Microneedling as your core protocols and using Nizoral with 2% ketoconazole and making sure your vitamin levels and scalp health is maintained at an optimum. That's the real "fertiliser" if you ask me. Making sure your scalp health is good. 

Definitely agreed, all other alternatives may unfortunately just be marketing gimmicks 
Unless ofcourse circumstances force you not to use any of these products\ingredients